IAB

Any discussion related to ATS goes here

IAB

Postby torbjon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:45 pm

So, a brief glance at the front page of ATS, at the bottom, shows that ATS claims to be a member of the Interactive Advertising Bureau. (down by the Media Mayhem and TRUSTe logos)

The link from ATS takes you to here:

http://www.iab.net/

The language on ATS is "AboveTopSecret.com is a member of the Interactive Advertising Burea"

However, a glance at the IAB web site shows no mention of AboveTopSecret.com (the language used on ATS) nor the Above Network... nor do I see any mention of Bill, Mark, Simon or ATS in the members list, the associates lists, or in any of the committees or work groups...

Search tools, both within IAB and independent tools such as google list no connection between between IAB and ATS...

So, what's with that ATS? Just some friendly False Advertising? Maybe jump the gun a bit while Awaiting approval? IAB just slow adding you to their lists?

Mojo, what do you think about alla this?
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: IAB

Postby Jack'sDead » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:55 am

I can't imagine ATS not having their fingers in every bowl of ad pudding they can find. Maybe the deal is really just that above-top-secret. :lol:
...You can call me, Joker!
Jack'sDead
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby torbjon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:51 am

I don't have a problem with ATS being affiliated with IAB, what I find interesting is that IAB lists all of their members and associates but ATS is not listed...

I'm curious what's up with that... is membership / association Pending, and ATS jumped the gun? Were they a member but got the ax and ATS has been slow on taking the link / logo down? Is it 100% false advertising?

OR

Is IAB at fault? Are they being slow in listing ATS as a member / associate? Is their claim that they display All of their members False?

It goes both ways, ya know?

Something else I noticed at the time was that the ATS home page does not seem to have the "deny ignorance" motto on it anymore.. This pleased me to no end and I thought "Great! I don't have to watch them anymore, no more false advertising!! woo hoo!!"

But I looked at the forums and the motto is still there *sighs* Oh well...
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Jack'sDead » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:07 pm

I am suddenly reminded of that cell phone commercial with the guy who missed the call, in the blue shirt with the word "merger" on it. :lol:

I am biased by how ATS treated me, so I will assume some sort of shady stuff on their part until I am shown otherwise.

"Deny ignorance." Pfffft.
...You can call me, Joker!
Jack'sDead
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Google

Return to ATS Watch