The Strange World of Back Engineered UFO Technology

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

The Strange World of Back Engineered UFO Technology

Postby ryguy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:54 pm

RU Blog Update: The Strange World of Back Engineered UFO Technology

An interesting recap of some of the more famous claims and stories through the years...feel free to share your own opinion about those stories and any evidence for or against them that you've come across. Obviously, we (RU) stand pretty much in agreement that the evidence has disproved all of the claims - but if you are aware of any evidence you believe supports those claims, feel free to post so that we can properly tear it to shreds. :) (just kidding...sorta).

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: The Strange World of Back Engineered UFO Technology

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:14 am

If I had to pick someone believable it would be Corso since he has the credentials that check out. The worst of the bunch would have to be Jack Shulman. His claims have yet to materialize and ACC is nothing but a pie in the sky. Any body got a hd with no moving parts? I thought so.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:07 am

longhaircowboy wrote:If I had to pick someone believable it would be Corso since he has the credentials that check out.

However his story doesn't...

Argumentum ad verecundia is an all too common logical fallacy used in the “strange world” of UFOlogy. It’s like saying Stanton Friedman is credible because he used to be a “nuclear physicist” before he became a snake oil salesman.

Shame on your favorite "UFO Hunter" Bill Birnes who “helped” write Corso’s book…

Bestselling Book Exposed as a Hoax!
By Brad C. Sparks
http://www.ufologie.net/rw/a/sparkscorso.htm

"Now that we've established that Corso fabricates entire screenplays and dialogues involving himself inside CIA headquarters and elsewhere that never happened and never could have happened, there really is no need to go into the rest of his confabulations about his heroic role in getting U.S. industry to "reverse engineer" microchips, fiber optics, lasers, Kevlar, etc., from his make-believe Roswell spacecraft. That would be chasing phantoms, trying to prove a negative -- that something doesn't exist -- which is inherently very difficult if not actually impossible. The dramatic stories that we can easily check prove Corso to be a rank literary hoaxer."

Never mind the fact that’s there’s never been any credible evidence to support the belief that an alien spaceship crashed in Roswell (or anywhere else for that matter) in the first place…
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:24 am

Access Denied wrote:
Shame on your favorite "UFO Hunter" Bill Birnes who “helped” write Corso’s book…

Well he's hardly my favorite(I am) but when he helped Corso he still had a measure of credibility. Today he has none.
This was a difficult piece to research since most of it is speculation and confabulation(to borrow Sparks term). The DARPA connection was the only I found that may hold some promise. Also certain statements made by the folks in the morphing metal field seem to hint at some other worldly connection. But it's like a London fog.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to UFOs