SUNlite

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

SUNlite

Postby Access Denied » Fri May 01, 2009 5:16 am

It’s my pleasure to announce Tim Printy has started publishing a new bi-monthly newsletter in honor of the Skeptics UFO Newsletter published by the late Phil Klass. The first issue is now available for download at this link…

SUNlite Volume 1 Number 1 : May-June 2009
http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite1_1.pdf

Future issues will be available from Tim’s website at this link…

SUNlite
http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite.htm

The original SUN, as well as Tim Printy’s own extensive work, especially on Roswell, has been an invaluable resource for my own research and it’s good to see Tim will be continuing the effort to keep UFOlogy honest and help make sense of the madness.

Check it out!

[RU even gets a brief mention although I think he might be trying to tell us something Steve lol]

Unfortunately I had too many irons in the fire to put something together for the first issue but I hope to get some time to contribute in the future.

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Re: SUNlite

Postby ryguy » Fri May 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Oh this is awesome!

However complex our description of the true core story is, he clearly got it. Check out the following from his hilarious "Letters to the Editor" section.

MJ-12

You are naive and are ignoring the massive UFO cover-up the government has created since Roswell. The MJ-12 documents prove it. Come to my lecture and find out. P.S. Bring money!

—Washed up scientist

That's just brilliant. :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby lost_shaman » Sat May 02, 2009 3:34 am

ryguy wrote:That's just brilliant. :)

Hey Ryan,

If that one was 'brilliant, then this one...
USAF =liars
I used to be in the USAF and I know they are all a bunch of liars. They taught me how to lie and I often use that ability to trick debunkers like you into revealing they are just plain stupid.
—Sky hawk 123

...can only be described as thinly veiled.
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby longhaircowboy » Sat May 02, 2009 9:12 pm

What a great newsletter. I hope he keeps it up. I especially liked his write up on the History channel farce "UFO Hunters". But he didn't go far enough. Not only is the show populated by clowns but it is a disservice to us real UFO Hunters. And he is absolutely right that Bill Birnes and Peter Davenport are 2 of the biggest dupes in UFOland.
I can tell you that Davenport is no UFO investigator just an archivest trying to shill himself. He has never once responded to my requests for further information involving a sighting and he has cried for help with his archive and when I offered my assistance he was unresponsive.
Good work Tim.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 am

Tim has published the second issue of SUNlite here…

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite1_2.pdf

I especially enjoyed the articles “In Praise of Bunk” by Peter Brookesmith and “21st Century UFOlogy: A challenge to skeptical thought” by Matt Graeber, both of which offer some constructive criticism of skepticism and debunking in general. I agree there’s definitely some room for improvement. Some great food for thought from these two veterans of the field… thanks guys!

Also, Tim does an excellent job of thoroughly debunking Anthony Bragalia’s new Roswell “revelations” in his “Memory Metal Madness” article.

Of note to RU in particular is a brief mention of Ryan’s “How to Check Out a Hoax” article and a letter to the editor from Keith (aka longhaircowboy).

Enjoy!

Tom
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 pm

Tim responded to my email personally so seeing it in the ezine is great. I also see he mentions Cohens failed prophecy.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:43 am

Tim Printy’s latest issue of SUNlite can be downloaded here…

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite1_3.pdf

In addition to Tim’s very thorough article “Deflating the rest of the Nitinol balloon” some highlights include (in the Klass tradition)...

A Diet of Worms: What is Nick Pope trying to hide?
by Col. Arnold Moulder

Nowadays Pope calls himself the “former head of the MoD’s UFO project”, which is also a trifle inflated. Pope’s job description shows that he was supposed to spend maybe a day a week dealing with UFOs, sending out all those boilerplate letters saying that UFOs had never been a defence threat and that the Ministry didn’t investigate sightings. Any in-depth investigation Pope did was on his own time; rumour has it that much of this research was conducted at dining tables, in the company of some of the nation’s least reliable ufologists.

Sound like anybody we know on this side of the pond?

And for those who enjoy tales of “high strangeness” (Ryan that’s your cue!)…

Twenty-First Century Ufology - Part II
by Matt Graeber

Despite the popular belief UFO sightings are either misidentifications of one kind or another or, space ships from other worlds, there may be other types of UFO experiences which have eluded investigators and researchers over the years. These too, need to be examined as another form of ‘real’ experience.

“Minisaucers”… who knew?

I also think Steve will find something to be pleased about…

Enjoy!

Tom
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Awesome! Steve - check out page 3! :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Nice :)

Let's hope the update to that article is up to the same standard.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby astrophotographer » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:46 am

I would like to announce the latest issue of SUNlite being posted on the web at:

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite1_4.pdf

Some key features are:

1. A wonderful article by Peter Merlin concerning crashed debris recovery
2. Articles by Matt Graeber concerning his experiences with alien implants and another inexplicable case
3. A personal UFO sighting with an unlikely solution by pilot Major Hoza
4. A probable solution to the amateur astronomer sighting from the Mounds observatory near Tulsa Oklahoma
5. An account about the recent "explanation" offered by Anthony Bragalia for the infamous Zamora UFO.
6. A followup on the Shiprock NM meteorite hunt and Allan Grant.
7. A host of the "usual" commentary, which you may, or may not, find interesting.

I hope everyone enjoys. As always, comments/feedback are welcome. I just hope you can keep it on a "friendly" level.

Tim Printy
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:52 am

Excellent edition! And your description of the events that took place here is perfectly accurate - you handled yourself well given the circumstances and in my opinion came out looking like the better man.

Thanks for posting the update, I'm still reading it but just wanted to say excellent work.

-Ryan
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby astrophotographer » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:57 pm

The latest issue of SUNlite is now available for download at:

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite2_1.pdf

I appreciate the hard work of Bob Young, Matt Graeber, Bryan Bonner (and Baxter), and Kentaro Mori for the work on their articles. The holidays tended to slow down my work on articles I have in the works but the Bonner/Baxter article inspired me to write the article comparing Romanek to Walters. As always, any articles for future issues are welcome as any comments/constructive criticism.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:34 am

Nice issue Tim despite some time consuming activities like the epic JREF thread…

“I wonder if any Christmas eve UFOs can be classified as probably Santa?”

NORAD says yes…

Why we track Santa
http://www.noradsanta.org/en/whytrack.html

“The tradition began in 1955 after a Colorado Springs-based Sears Roebuck & Co. advertisement for children to call Santa misprinted the telephone number. Instead of reaching Santa, the phone number put kids through to the CONAD Commander-in-Chief's operations "hotline." The Director of Operations at the time, Colonel Harry Shoup, had his staff check the radar for indications of Santa making his way south from the North Pole. Children who called were given updates on his location, and a tradition was born.”

I too am looking forward to learning what Kentaro Mori has discovered about the Trindade photos… they’ve always looked “not quite right” to me for some reason.

Loved this quote from the Stan Romanek article by “Baxter”…

”I asked James Randi, today’s leader among skeptics, if he thought all of the “experts” in Stan’s case had a vested interest. His reply was clear.”

“Depend on it, the "PhDs" are the Sarfatti bunch, and they'll all be VERY supportive...” -James Randi

Steve and Ryan should get a chuckle out of that.

One minor quibble… I think James Carrion deserves at least some credit for his recent efforts to openly challenge the “powers that be” at the Open Minds Forum over their promotion of the “California Drones” hoax and more recently the “Source A/UN Meeting” hoax… that’s something I would not expect from MUFON leadership in the past. That said, I don’t think MUFON is much of an “organization” these days…
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:45 am

Access Denied wrote:One minor quibble… I think James Carrion deserves at least some credit for his recent efforts to openly challenge the “powers that be” at the Open Minds Forum over their promotion of the “California Drones” hoax and more recently the “Source A/UN Meeting” hoax… that’s something I would not expect from MUFON leadership in the past. That said, I don’t think MUFON is much of an “organization” these days…

Edit...I typed up a long post as a reply to the above quote...but I seem to be having technical difficulties.

I doubt I can recapture the spirit of the original...but will try.

SUNlite is a great read, I love it. After a extremely bad experience at OMF, Sunlite restores my faith that ufology is not totally doomed.

Regarding Carrion....I was at OMF through the whole drone saga, including the disgraceful and disrespectful treatment of Carrion at OMF. It really opened my eyes and resulted in the first of many bannings. I think only Kim has been banned more than me there.

OMF is a total fraud and kudos to Carrion for calling it as he sees it.

I would love to see a joint venture of SUNlite, RU and Mufon investigating the Admins of OM and exposing them for the frauds they are.

Actually, I think I did it better
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby murnut » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 am

Oh...I was also there for the source A fraud/hoax....banned again for not buying the fraud.

Moire recently my sock ezbuggy also banned at OM

I'm a serial abuser according to the cult leader...lol

The poor Pickering's I think actually believe their story...which has morphed into "Reptilian Good Guys"

OM is a joke
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to UFOs