Behind Serpo

Project Serpo related discussion

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Behind Serpo

Postby gunter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:58 pm

murnut wrote:weak
weak? look at yourself. not just weak- but also mediocre. mob guy? we think so.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby murnut » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:03 pm

lame
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby gunter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Good retort. that s^~t may work on amkon- but not here, skunk clone.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:40 am

lol

Well...I'm not responsible for Serpo either.....

I helped to debunk the drones, and I'm in the process of debunking Source "A" hole

I'm sorry you got yourself in the center of a sh.t storm at amkon, but that was you're own doing, not mine.

I also apologize that I see Exopolitics as dangerous to ufology, and you do not.

YES...at one very brief point in time, I was intrigued by Gridkeepers images. Sue me.

Obviously....you're still pissed off about your self imposed exile, and you're holding me responsible some how.

But back on topic, I've never professed any support of Serpo whatsoever....so don't lie about it
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby gunter » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:12 am

I also apologize that I see Exopolitics as dangerous to ufology, and you do not.
If it were- why exactly would it matter to you? As far as I can tell you've already given up on Ufology. And by conflating the field with the Exo crap you're doing it a huge disservice. I understand that you feel disappointed by all the lies, half truths and disinformation that attach themselves to the study. We all are. But that ought in no way cause any of us to disregard the huge body of evidence that has been aggregated by serious researchers. The confusion that suffuses Ufology is the direct result of the US government cover-up program that began with the Robertson Panel recommendations. By limiting your own study of Ufology to the Ufer disinfo enablers at such places as OM you're ignoring the core, serious research in the field being carried on by such people as Rich Dolan and others... which is based on the pioneers in the field beginning with Don Keyhoe. You've stated several times recently that you've become a Klass-ic skeptic and you maintain that the Exo nutter cult has become the true inheritor of the science. It makes me wonder how much serious study of the evidence you've actually done. Ignoring the evidence is the true danger to Ufology. You say you were a Droniac debunker and now you're committed to debunking this Source A nonsense. That's all well and good as far as it goes. But in reality you're only picking the lowest hung fruit and falling into the IC disinfo pit.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:35 am

The problem with Debunking anything is, you are preaching to the converted.
Most people believe something because they actually WANT to believe it, so any debunking isnt going to shake their beliefs because that would show them to be failures, so they ignore the truth that's staring them in the eyes and continue the fallacy.

The day I met Eduarde (Billy) Meier in 1976 was like a day when the curtain rose before my eyes. Before that I was actually a Semi-believer. Then I was introduced to the man (We did a gig at some fundraising thing for his organisation). He spoke to me as he was told I had met Von Daniken who he had an interest in. Just talking to him was spooky, seeing some of his photos was spookier as they were just so bad. He babbled on about them like a demented child but it was pretty obvious to me they were fakes, and bad fakes as well. There was also the question in my mind as to how a one armed man could have taken the photos. I am convinced his wife was a big part in pushing him to do what he did, but I think he had photographed something somewhere, sometime and that had convinced him there was something there and he had created his fakes in an attempt to prove to others that what he had seen was real. He was totally convinced that what he had created in his mind was real, and no amount of common sense was going to change his ideas.
I left that gig and meeting very upset, as it had totally changed my mind on things I had previously seen and heard, and things Meier had said were so similar to the things I had heard previously I realised then and there that they were all lies.

Thats my point about Debunkery, in actuality all you are doing is telling those who dont believe and those on the edges of belief that what they have heard is fakery. You arent doing anything to the REAL believers. They will believe come hell or high water, as to destroy that belief is, effectively to destroy them.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:39 pm

They will believe come hell or high water, as to destroy that belief is, effectively to destroy them.
I can't disagree with that. There is a point in time when belief morphs into faith- and we all know from even a cursory study of history what the consequences of that are. This principle applies to debunkers and sceptics alike.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:39 pm

gunter wrote:Serpo would have died an ignoble death by now were it not for credulous popularizers like our own Murnut who facilitates its rise from the dead like a tattered zombie. Certainly Steve and Shawanna drove a stake through its malevolent heart years ago. ...Or at least I thought they had!

wtf am I chopped liver?

On a serious note - please don't drag old fights from other forums onto the RU forum.

Thankya.
-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Oh sorry, Ryan. You're by no means chopped liver. My apologies for failing to mention your role in the expose'. It was a great opus but the work isn't finished yet. I don't think we're dragging old fights from other sites to RU. RU is the proper place for such discussion since the issues raised have been discussed here endlessly and productively for almost 5 years now- a discussion that has involved the entire membership of RU both Andy and myself among them. This latest release, in sync with the Source A/ Exo nonsense, ensures us that the issues are not dead. My contention is that although they are worthy of discussion they have little to do with Ufology per se. That's my point of departure in the matter and it is seemingly diametrically opposed to Andy's view that these considerations have displaced the serious study of Ufology. I think it's an important argument and certainly belongs on these pages.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

ryguy wrote:
gunter wrote:Serpo would have died an ignoble death by now were it not for credulous popularizers like our own Murnut who facilitates its rise from the dead like a tattered zombie. Certainly Steve and Shawanna drove a stake through its malevolent heart years ago. ...Or at least I thought they had!

wtf am I chopped liver?

On a serious note - please don't drag old fights from other forums onto the RU forum.

Thankya.
-Ry

I'll support that
BE? behave or I'll send the baked bean can, the spiders and sister Edwina.
You have been warned.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:03 pm

And here I was putting up a Care package consisting of 4 cases of Spotted Dick for our surviving cousins across the pond. I'm rethinking that altruistic fit of generosity as we speak.

gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:05 pm

gunter wrote:And here I was putting up a Care package consisting of 4 cases of Spotted Dick for our surviving cousins across the pond. I'm rethinking that altruistic fit of generosity as we speak.

Throw in a pack of instant custard powder and I'll recant.
Honest !

Oh no its the US microwave stuff. REAL spotted dick has to be steamed for 4 hours.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Oh no its the US microwave stuff. REAL spotted dick has to be steamed for 4 hours.
...or in your case- 60 years.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:31 pm

gunter wrote:
...or in your case- 60 years.

....Ouch.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:35 pm

hahahahaha! talk about some uncovered reality!
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Project Serpo