Disclosure, can we handle it?

A study of the political relations between humanity and ET

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Disclosure, can we handle it?

Postby jbondo » Mon May 03, 2010 6:02 pm

I have always been of the opinion that people in general couldn't deal with the real disclosure of Aliens visiting our planet. IMO it would generate chaos and mass hysteria.

Many people claim that they themselves can handle a Gov exposure. Unfortunately I don't believe that. It's easy to sit back and talk a good game when something is still just theory or not fully proven. Even people that claim they are fully convinced that Aliens are visiting the planet can't possibly be 100% accepting.

Obviously there are exceptions to everything but I truly believe paranoia and fear would rule the day. I further believe that those who have made claims of acceptance before the fact will be the first ones to freak out.

I for one think if Aliens are really visiting us and the Gov's of the world know about it, they are right in not disclosing this information.

Opinions?
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Re: Disclosure, can we handle it?

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon May 03, 2010 6:08 pm

I don't believe aliens are visiting this planet, but for the sake of your argument I will play along.
I don't think it will be that big a deal to be perfectly honest. Sure, there would be some hysteria - isn't there always? - but after the initial furore has died down, the majority will just get along as they have always done. What else is there to do?

Welcome to the forum btw :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 am

In reply to the OP.
There will be no 'disclosure' as there is nothing to disclose,

It is in all Governments interest to let you think there are indeed aliens flying around.
That idea masks the testing of their own advance craft

There simply arent any aliens or sufficient convincing proof to support any idea that there are.

The Disclosure Project is simply a way to advertise certain people and allow their fees for public appearances to rise.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue May 04, 2010 1:59 pm

In reply to OP - if, hypothetically speaking aliens did exist and they were/are visiting us and already here, and if - hypothetically speaking - a few individuals "in the know" knew about it but were scared to disclose due to hysteria, I would question their logic. Would there be people who consider themselves so elite, so intelligent, and so much more highly evolved than the rest of the population that they can handle the truth while others couldn't? My question wouldn't be whether the general population could handle the knowledge but instead:

1. How could a small group even contain the knowledge if it's really happening (answer - they couldn't).
2. How could a small group be so elitist and arrogant?

And finally - I've always accepted the reality of alien races. Every clear night when I stand in the back yard with my daughter and peek through her telescope, we talk about what the races of beings on those far away planets must look like. There are far too many possible planets in this seemingly infinite universe to be so self-centered as to think that the Earth, and humans, are an exception. Just like plants and wildlife that exist on opposite sides of the earth grow in similar ways, I believe that nature predicts that planets and life also "grow" in similar ways, given similar conditions - or in different ways given different conditions.

Basically - no, I wouldn't be shocked, confused, scared or freak out. It would simply be the next phase of our natural global evolution, when we enter a sort of galactic awareness. But, as always, life will simply go on - short of an invasion of course. In that case I'm sure we would all do what we've always done when faced with a threat - rise up and defend ourselves.

In my opinion, people who say humanity "can't handle the truth" have little awareness of the major cultural shifts humanity has endured through the ages.

Just my 2 cents.
-Ry
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic split
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Tue May 04, 2010 2:59 pm

In my opinion, people who say humanity "can't handle the truth" have little awareness of the major cultural shifts humanity has endured through the ages.

That's always been an interesting conundrum. I tend to agree with you. The planet would inevitably learn to deal with the truth- for good or for ill.
1. How could a small group even contain the knowledge if it's really happening (answer - they couldn't).

The knowledge has not been 'contained.' The body of evidence for ET invasion is huge and out in the open. The government's strategy in dealing with it is three-fold: denial, ridicule and disinformation- just as outlined in the CIA Robertson Panel Report of 1953. The strategy has been successful to a large extent.

The smoking gun:
a. That the continued emphasis on the reporting of these phenomena does, in these parlous times, result in a threat to the orderly functioning of the protective organs of the body politic.

The Robertson Panel Report- http://www.cufon.org/cufon/robert.htm

TAB A
REPORT OF THE SCIENTIFIC PANEL
ON JAN 17 1953
UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS

1. Pursuant to the request of the Assistant Director for Scientific Intelligence, the undersigned Panel of Scientific Consultants has met to evaluate any possible threat to national security posed by Unidentified Flying Objects ("Flying Saucers"), and to make recommendations thereon. The Panel has received the evidence as presented by cognizant intelligence agencies, primarily the Air Technical Intelligence Center, and has reviewed a selection of the best documented incidents.

2. As a result of its considerations, the Panel _concludes_:

a. That the evidence presented on Unidentified Flying Objects shows no indication that these phenomena constitute a direct physical threat to national security.

We firmly believe that there is no residuum of cases which indicates Phenomena which are attributable to foreign artifacts capable of hostile acts, and that there is no evidence that the phenomena indicates a need for the revision of current scientific concepts.

3. The Panel further _concludes_:

a. That the continued emphasis on the reporting of these phenomena does, in these parlous times, result in a threat to the orderly functioning of the protective organs of the body politic.

We cite as examples the clogging of channels of communication by irrelevant reports, the danger of being led by continued false alarms to ignore real indications of hostile action, and the cultivation of a morbid national psychology in which skillful hostile propaganda could induce hysterical behavior and harmful distrust of duty constituted authority.

4. In order most effectively to strengthen the national facilities for the timely recognition and the appropriate handling of true indications of hostile action, and to minimize the concomitant dangers alluded to above, the Panel recommends:

a. That the national security agencies take immediate steps to strip the Unidentified Flying Objects of the special status they have been given and the aura of mystery they have unfortunately acquired;

b. That the national security agencies institute policies on intelligence, training, and public education designed to prepare the material defenses and the morale of the country to recognize most promptly and to react most effectively to true indications of hostile intent or action.

We suggest that these aims may be achieved by an integrated program designed to reassure the public of the total lack of evidence of Inimical forces behind the phenomenon, to train personnel to recognize and reject false indications quickly and effectively, and to strengthen regular channels for the evaluation of and prompt reaction to true indications of hostile measures.

/s/ Lloyd V. Berkner
Associated Universities, Inc.

/s/ H.P. Robertson, Chairman
California Institute of Technology

/s/ S. A. Goudsmit
Brookhaven National Laboratories

/s/ Luis W. Alverez
University of California

/s/ Thornton Page
Johns Hopkins University
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue May 04, 2010 4:26 pm

My problem is, I dont see any evidence for any sentient alien life anywhere else at all. I actually think we are unique and alone. I dont discount algae or germs and the like.
What I'm talking about is intelligent sentient life, you know, a little above the lifeforms found in France, but, knowing my luck if aliens do exist, they are probably ginger !

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby jbondo » Tue May 04, 2010 5:41 pm

ryguy wrote:In reply to OP - if, hypothetically speaking aliens did exist and they were/are visiting us and already here, and if - hypothetically speaking - a few individuals "in the know" knew about it but were scared to disclose due to hysteria, I would question their logic.

Frankly, what makes you think these "few individuals "in the know" wouldn't be scared out of their wits?

Would there be people who consider themselves so elite, so intelligent, and so much more highly evolved than the rest of the population that they can handle the truth while others couldn't?

Absolutely! Since when have the governments of the world not assumed superiority over the average Joe?

My question wouldn't be whether the general population could handle the knowledge but instead:

2. How could a small group be so elitist and arrogant?

1. I never said they were containing anything. Admission is another matter.
2. See answer above

And finally - I've always accepted the reality of alien races. Every clear night when I stand in the back yard with my daughter and peek through her telescope, we talk about what the races of beings on those far away planets must look like. There are far too many possible planets in this seemingly infinite universe to be so self-centered as to think that the Earth, and humans, are an exception.

I concur

Basically - no, I wouldn't be shocked, confused, scared or freak out. It would simply be the next phase of our natural global evolution, when we enter a sort of galactic awareness. But, as always, life will simply go on - short of an invasion of course. In that case I'm sure we would all do what we've always done when faced with a threat - rise up and defend ourselves.

You are a better man than I. I admit that even with my laid back sensibility and control I can't say how I would react to something so major. That's like saying I would know exactly what I would do if someone shoved a gun in my back. Furthermore, I see more people fleeing than becoming Will Smith all of a sudden. In fact if there were an invasion I see it as a long drawn out process more in line with Americas independence than Independence Day (the movie). That is of course if we had a chance at all.

It's amazing how you know me so well in 3 days. Major cultural shifts never involved an Alien race invading our planet. I just don't think you are really understanding the overwhelming nature of something like this. Either that or you just aren't sitting back and thinking it thru.

I never said the "Shock and Awe" would last forever but I do see a prolonged period of chaos. In fact I would think there's a good possibility that we'd be killing off each other in fits of paranoia or just trying to keep our own families fed and sheltered. Finally, I did say there were exceptions and maybe you'd be one of those but remember that daughter you mentioned? You don't think you'd even have the slightest bit of fear go thru you for her sake?
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Rintendo » Wed May 05, 2010 3:41 am

It is easy enough to contain information about such things by simply ridiculing anyone who attempts to reveal information or those that have their own first hand information. Behavioral scientists will tell you that humans fear ridicule almost as much (some more) than death.

Ridicule is easy to do.

Yeah, sure there's little green men. They probably help Santa come down the chimney, too.

Everything can be hidden out in the open as long as you treat the topic as though it is worthy of contempt, rather than fear.
Rintendo

Postby gunter » Wed May 05, 2010 6:30 am

Everything can be hidden out in the open as long as you treat the topic as though it is worthy of contempt, rather than fear.
That is the conclusion of the Robertson Panel (link to the Report pasted earlier in this thread and not surprisingly ignored here.) And let me remind you that since its conception in 1953 it has remained official policy of the US Government.

a. That the national security agencies take immediate steps to strip the Unidentified Flying Objects of the special status they have been given and the aura of mystery they have unfortunately acquired;

b. That the national security agencies institute policies on intelligence, training, and public education designed to prepare the material defenses and the morale of the country to recognize most promptly and to react most effectively to true indications of hostile intent or action.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed May 05, 2010 8:53 am

gunter wrote:The knowledge has not been 'contained.' The body of evidence for ET invasion is huge and out in the open. The government's strategy in dealing with it is three-fold: denial, ridicule and disinformation- just as outlined in the CIA Robertson Panel Report of 1953. The strategy has been successful to a large extent.

The irony of using a declassified study that concluded there was nothing to the phenomena and doesn’t say anything about “denial, ridicule, and disinformation” as evidence of a cover-up has obviously completely escaped you…

“It was interesting to note that none of the members of the Panel were loath to accept that this earth might be visited by extra-terrestrial intelligent beings of some sort, some day. What they did not find was any evidence that related the objects sighted to space travelers.”

Man, you crack me up.
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Wed May 05, 2010 2:46 pm

The irony of using a declassified study that concluded there was nothing to the phenomena and doesn’t say anything about “denial, ridicule, and disinformation” as evidence of a cover-up has obviously completely escaped you…
A careful reading of the report indicates just the opposite. What the panel advocated was a regime of 'debunking' (yes they used that word) led by the IC, scions of pop culture and psychologists. They concluded not that there was 'nothing to the phenomena' but rather that the objects sighted were not a threat to military security- except to the extent of public acknowledgment of the events in 'these parlous times.'

ARTIFACTS OF EXTRATERRESTRIAL ORIGIN
Mr. Fournet, in his presentation, showed how he had eliminated all of the known and probable causes of sightings leaving him "extra-terrestrial" as the only one remaining in many cases. Fournet's background as an aeronautical engineer and technical intelligence

[ S E C R E T ]
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby commdogg » Thu May 06, 2010 8:41 am

Disclosure is another one of those cult phenomenons. I got so sick of seeing "Disclosure is Coming" threads on other less reputable sites. Its the new wave of "Jesus is coming" crap. Theres never any substantive information and whomever is supposed to disclose whatever keeps missing the deadline.

I don't know if alien life is out there or not. I'd like to think so. It would be a little self centered of me to stick to the guns that Earth has all the life there is. My happy, little, perpetually ignorant, biased, human intelligence limited opinion is that it sure would be a waste of a huge universe. I'd also like to think that life itself holds some kind of meaning, other than we just won some kind of lottery in a pool of slime, and weathered a couple of meteors and supervolcanoes. I beleive in a spiritual sense that life exists where its able because that just what life does. Thats my happy agnostic opinion on that at least.

Are they here? I don't think so. Unless I'm missing something it would take a really long time to travel anywhere in the universe. The trip would probably suck. The only reason a civilization would leave its little corner of the cosmos would be because they had to, IE their sun died. I think then if the aliens ever did show up here its because they decided to move in, they would arrive en masse, and would evict us pretty quick. I don't really get why they would show up to molest less than reputable life forms one at a time.

So setting aside my beleif that there is nothing to disclose, if there were going to be disclosure it would have happend. That would be the single quickest way to slap earthlings out of their meaningless ideological agendas. As it sits we can't seem to reason out of or even find consensus on things like who has rightful claim to a pile of rocks in Jerusalem.

Also, classified material leaks constantly, continually, and regularly. I spend some time in the Military, and had a security clearance. I didn't have access to anything as cool as commonly discussed in threads like this, but I can say in my own experience, most of the information I saw was classified because it was time sensitive. Once it became moot, there was no need to go through protocol to store it anymore. Some secrets are kept better than others, but vurtually everything gets released eventually. Some things get blown, remember Valerie Plame? How about Iran-Contra? Once the cat is out of the bag though, guess what, front page news. Like when a pilot named Francis Gary Powers got shot down over Russia during the cold war. You aren't running high altituted flights over Russia? Then why did the guy in a pressure suit fall out of the sky?

If the government was in concious contact with aliens the program would be big. There would be way too many people working on it to keep a tight lid on everything. Something this huge would require tight cooperation from vurtually every government on Earth. We can't even seal our borders. My two cents anyway.

BTW love the board guys. You guys put a lot of effort into it and it shows. This site is priceless, and unique, alone among the swamp of psuedo science religion of the sky gods UFO crap thats everywhere else. I applaud the work you all put in to it.
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
commdogg

Postby Chorlton » Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 am

commdogg wrote:BTW love the board guys. You guys put a lot of effort into it and it shows. This site is priceless, and unique, alone among the swamp of psuedo science religion of the sky gods UFO crap thats everywhere else. I applaud the work you all put in to it.

Grovelling guttersnipe.
You'll be saying Hull have a good Football team soon.

Disgracefull act of obeisance.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Thu May 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Are they here? I don't think so. Unless I'm missing something it would take a really long time to travel anywhere in the universe. The trip would probably suck.

As I've said here during the last few years, all actual occasions (in the Whitheadian sense) are immersed in an ethereal emulsion (call it dark matter if you will) forming a wet system within which all actual entities (again Whitehead) are in constant, ineluctable and instantaneous relationship analogous to the moments in the human brain. This relationship is preter-temporal allowing beyond C intercourse. (This is the basis for Psy and RV as will soon be known.) Distance, as a function of space-time, is therefore a Categorical illusion. Our own science of quantum mechanics is coming to this realization. ET civilizations are only several years ahead of us in their ability to use this principle in a useful, mechanical transportive fashion. They are here having overcome the need to travel impossibly long 'distances' by ordinary means.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu May 06, 2010 3:22 pm

commdogg wrote:BTW love the board guys. You guys put a lot of effort into it and it shows. This site is priceless, and unique, alone among the swamp of psuedo science religion of the sky gods UFO crap thats everywhere else. I applaud the work you all put in to it.

Thanks! Ignore Chorlton and Gunter - they're our local grumpy old men. :)

Good to see you and very much appreciate the kind words...it's very encouraging.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Next

Google

Return to Exopolitics