An Experimental Design for a Paranormal Phenomenon

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: An Experimental Design for a Paranormal Phenomenon

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 pm

That sounds fine Steve. Solong as there's no other object that's on that part of the shelf other than that flatscreen (the larger version) then I'm thinking they will know which object I'm talking about.
Also, I think your last name is mentioned in that thread about Source A, will be using your full name when I ask them my questions. Good work, btw on that Source A case. Can't wait to read all of that over at OM to know what's all of the details. Very intriguing story!
I'm EST and you people are what? 5 or 8 hrs ahead of me? But it's 11:07 AM here so I'm going to do a session right now and after the warm up that will take at least a half hour or so, I will ask what the object is. ... may also ask what the color of your hair is to but the session starts now.
Stay tuned...

Zep Tepi wrote:Well, the two desks in here already have a lot of equipment on them. A laptop and large LCD monitor on mine, along with a phone, blackberry, camera, desk fan, calendar, pens, calculator etc. etc. You get the picture (lol). The adjacent desk is no better, a laptop, smaller LCD screen, a router and piles more junk than on mine.
However, above my head is a shelf that stretches the length of the office. Directly above my head there is a black flatscreen monitor, with a larger version next to it up to my right. The space on the left and all the way to the wall is free - about 3ft of space I can use. That is quiet possibly the only space there is left in here...

I could use the meeting room next door, but there is no guarantee that any object I place on the table in there will remain longer than several minutes, let alone several hours.

I'm in East Yorkshire, England, UK.

I've placed the object on the shelf and emailed the picture to Ryan, let me know if that's ok.
fernergy

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks for your feedback Ryan and as usual, excellent observations! You've absolutely targeted in on what's going on here with those answers and what the project manager will be doing and as you can see, such results can hardly be qualified as valid regardless that the person who is doing the recording does NOT know what the target is... but all of the interp is done by the manager who DOES know what the target is and there's just too much fudging going on for reasons you can see from this demo we just did.

ryguy wrote:
fernergy wrote:So this is where the Project Manager comes in. She knows what the item is and if she heard this clip of mine she would rule it as saying pumpkin and in fact, that's what it sounds like now that I know the answer.

True, and personally that's why I've always felt these experiments were not valid because the project manager would be looking for the answer in random noise. Unfortunately, the human mind tends to identify patterns within meaningless noise. Because of that, the project manager would be too biased, in knowing the answer, to perform a good analysis.

In my mind, the setup we have here works better. You know nothing about the answer, so you can't be biased. You're looking for a very clear answer - otherwise we can't label it a hit. While this may be difficult, it will also make the result, once we do get a clear "hit", much more impressive. As an unbiased third party, I can put the correct answer together with whatever clear words you've identified. This keeps the remote tasking person (in this case Steve) isolated from affecting the experiment, and it keeps the viewer/EVP "reader" honest and unbiased as well.

I think you're doing a great job here and I really appreciate your efforts. I've listened to EVPs before and I know how faint and difficult to discern many of them can be - so I can't hold misidentifying the word against you. The fact that you clearly heard the "pkin" part of the word enough to provide that within the answer is not enough to convince me there's an authentic phenomenon (yet), but it's enough to convince me that further testing is worthwhile. I hope folks following this test agree!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Steve - waiting for the picture Steve!

-Ryan
fernergy

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 5:15 pm

First entry:
"The object is a pair of glasses -- the object is on the shelf above"

They said the above statement after I explained to them that Stephen Broadbent of East Yorkshire put an object on

the left side of the shelf above his head where he sits at his desk at his office. Then when I clicked on 'record' to get an answer, on playback, the above statement is what I heard. I'm assuming that they are referring to the object that he placed on that shelf this morning.

I will ask questions now to confirm that statement like, "So, the object is a pair of glasses then?" and so on...
fernergy

Postby ryguy » Mon May 24, 2010 5:21 pm

We'll hold off on providing any results until you confirm the "final answer".

Thanks!
-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 5:22 pm

I asked the confirmation question on that and once again they are saying "The object in his office is a pair of glasses".
fernergy

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 5:24 pm

ryguy wrote:We'll hold off on providing any results until you confirm the "final answer".

Thanks!
-Ryan

Ok... all I can do now is to ask the question again and see if I get a different answer but so far they are saying it's a pair of glasses.
fernergy

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 5:30 pm

I did not listen to that entire last recording and after they confirmed that it's a pair of glasses again what followed after that is someone talking about 'going to the right office of the correct citizen ....
so maybe someone is trying to make sure it's the right person's office?
I'm going to ask the question over again now and see what I get...
fernergy

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Could they be referring to the 2 flat screens as a pair of glasses?? I think someone else referred to them as a 'set' of glasses too in the 2nd clip so this could mean that they are in fact referring to those 2 flat screens.
Well, this time round I asked, what is in front of the glass on the left hand side of that shelf?
Then I heard someone say that there's a door on the left side ... of the desk?

Then I heard something about a picture? and then after that "of his daughter (who is) a music student..."

At the end of that audio, someone said, that's enough questions so I'm stuck with the 3 short audio's I recorded for this session.

I'm going to wait an hour to then go back and listen to them with a 'fresh ear' and then will post anything else I want to add to this including any changes or revisions... but my ears are ringing right now so need to take a short break.
stay tuned.
fernergy

Postby ryguy » Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Okay...thanks for working so hard on this, I'm sure it's not easy. Take your time and, again, once you say, "this is my final answer" - I'll provide the results. Try not to ask anything other than what is on the shelf above Steve's head, to the left of the tv screen. I would love to tell you if the answers are close or not but I don't want to interfere. Just do the best you can to hear as clearly as you can and then update with a post providing your final answer.

Thanks!
-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Stay tuned, give me 45 minutes ... need to go on my afternoon jog now.
fernergy

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 7:14 pm

1) It is a picture of his father when he was a music student at prep school.
2) Asked for confirmation and someone else said what sounded like "it's a picture of a class of ?_?_? <--students? when his father was in prep school.
3) a picture "public school -- it's his class -- it's his father" or it could also be saying "with his father's priest"

Those are the three answers I got .. had to ask them again so say that there is NOTHING to the left of those 2 flatscreens screens on that shelf other than the object that Steve put on it today for me to find out from them what that object is.

Hope they had the right person and office ...maybe we should just stick with one person's location for awhile just to make it easier.
Anyway, I am not permitted to ask them this question again for today on what that object is. So above are my final answers -- remember, I'm only reporting back what they are telling me.
fernergy

Postby ryguy » Mon May 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Okay - thanks for working so hard on this.

The object on the shelf above Steve was a plastic cup placed upside down on the shelf.

Of course, now I'm dying to ask Steve to look around the office and check if anyone has (1) a pair of glasses sitting on their shelf or (2) a picture of their father in prep school.

Let's do one more test, if you're willing. This time I'm going to make it as easy as possible for the entities or spirits (or whatever it is) to find the location. This time Steve will run the test, and I'll do the tasking. Tonight, I will set up an object in the corner of my downstairs bedroom on my bedside table (there's only one bedroom downstairs, so it'll be easy). I will even send you the exact address, right down to the city and street number. This way there's no question at all as far as person/location. I'll send Steve a photo with the timestamp and then let you know that we're ready to start the session. We can do this tomorrow?

Willing to try once more? Maybe the third time's a charm? :)

-Ryan
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby fernergy » Mon May 24, 2010 8:23 pm

I do not think that this kind of study that is now being conducted by that org is a feasible one and after trying it out, I'm only seeing more problems with it. For example, one can too often find a correct answer in a evp recording only after they know the answer to the question or the target.
Even just now I found an evp in one of the clips this morning that sounds like "it is a cup up-side down" but would I have heard that before I knew what the answer was for this demo, probably not but I think I might have if it had been stated "it is an upside-down cup" ..instead; that would have allowed me to notice it more... but still.
This kind of demo would work ok between 2 people who know each other very well like best friends or between 2 family members but it's a real stretch to ask those spirits that we work with to connect with those who are complete strangers to us especially those who live at great distances let alone not even having the full name and address of that person.
So I will for now try this kind of demo out with some of my best friends who have known me for years and see how that works out. There will have to be many such demo's because those spirits whom I work with have to get used to going over to that person's house to check out whatever the target is. This is how it works. Like anything else, practice makes perfect.

Anyway, thanks all for participating in these demo's with me and it's very clear that the study is not going to prove anything. The fact is,when working with spirit, they are the ones who choose what information they want to share with us. They may oblige every now and then and answer a mundane question for us like what is the object I'm holding in my hand but that's really the extent of it. To ask any more such questions is really pushing it; they are only interested in spiritual things... like me asking my spirits to contact someone's loved one in spirit. And sure, once someone comes in saying that they are that person, they do allow us to ask them questions to confirm that they are that person but that's the extent of it.

Once again, thanks for all of your help, really appreciated it! All of you have been very helpful! :)
fernergy

Postby ryguy » Mon May 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Okay - that's too bad, but I understand. I suppose two misses is enough to convince anyone that there's nothing "real" to the phenomenon. I'm just a persistent type...I like to make enough passes to make the failures or successes overwhelming, so there's no doubt. But I understand that at this point you want to give up. Thanks for entertaining our experiments and giving it an honest shot.

-Ryan
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Tue May 25, 2010 7:47 am

I have something that doesnt really sound like anything, neither does it look like anything. I was going to use it for the first test but didnt.
I wil be home around 4 PM UK time and can leave it on my table all night if required or even in my living room.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal