EVP

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

EVP

Postby Chorlton » Mon May 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Whilst EVP amuses rather than confuses. I have to say that these dead people dont have a lot to do, do they, other than allegedly zooming around peoples houses identifying things for people? Performing tricks for people?
I mean if I was going to zoom around anyones pad it would be Kylie's bedroom (when shes home of course) or Kate Beckinsale's bedroom.
Or more seriously, wandering around the Moon or Mars or Europa. The last place I would be wanting to hang around would be earth, other than to haunt the hell out of 'Rappers' :lol:

Notice how Ive kept this to a separate thread for fear of interferring with the 'Experiment'?
10 brownie points for me. But I dare say BE will be along soon with something.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: EVP

Postby ryguy » Mon May 24, 2010 8:11 pm

No..two strikes so far. One more try and I give up! :)

Maybe spirits (or whatever) have nothing better to do? lol
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Tue May 25, 2010 7:58 am

ryguy wrote:No..two strikes so far. One more try and I give up! :)

Maybe spirits (or whatever) have nothing better to do? lol

Oh Id be happy to give people more than 3 tries. Im happy with 10 shots at it.
I dont like being called a sceptic without giving someone a fair crack at it.
Ive heard some very weird stuff with a technically set up EVP experiment. Like I said I still thinks it RF bounce from the moon or some of the other planets or even siimply harmonics from normal RT traffic.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby JayKew » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:45 pm

I was watching Derren Brown on tv last night taking apart a ghosthunter and the ghosthunter played some of his evps' as supporting evidence. Obviously they were anything but.

As the programme progressed, a leading audio expert was brought in to pass judgement on the tapes. Now this man works fot the US Government, now not a fantastic reference point I know but its at least its a start. He pronounced these taped "voices" as merely RF garbage and pointed out the manufacturers warning on the back of the recorder stating that machines like this constantly attract static and other interference.

The ghosthunder was not impressed with these explanations.

Next they went to a cemetery at the dead of night (obviously as most ghost are normally anti social) and the ghosthunter started recording EVP...... after a few minutes Brown asked if he could have a go and proceded to ask the "ghost" to be quiet for a few minutes so that they could calibrate the before and after noises.

Well much to my surprise the noises on the recorder stayed the same whether the ghost was "speaking" or not.

Obviously the ghosthunter had an explanation ..... well the ghost was just being mischeivious of course.

Charlatans the lot of them, worse than these UFO contactees by a million miles...... at least the UFO frauds dont take your money whilst leaving you with the impression that dead people close to you had been in contact.

Come the revolution Im not sure which group of con men will be first up against the wall.

Jay
JayKew
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby AussieMike » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:49 pm

I sparked up some evp software years ago, the sort that records a sound source , then fragments it, and reassembles it in random bits, the idea being you run this session while asking the spirits questions and they will manipulate the bits into coherant phrases......

Bit like a million monkeys at a million typewriters......

didnt get much, the odd "noise" that might have been a word or two

i did get the phrase "captain scarlet"but this chunk of pattern recognition was likely the result of by box set of Cpt Scarlet dvds having arrived that week (US readers prob didnt see captain scarlet. its a british thing .same people who made thunderbirds )
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:56 am

JayKew wrote:I was watching Derren Brown on tv last night taking apart a ghosthunter and the ghosthunter played some of his evps' as supporting evidence. Obviously they were anything but.
Jay

Yes I saw that, and the most amazing thing that caught me was, why did the Yank chap use such a cheap crappy recorder? There are far better portable units on the market. He used one that was KNOWN to have sound faults.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal