A Litany of Lies - The Truth Prevails

A study of the political relations between humanity and ET

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: A Litany of Lies - The Truth Prevails

Postby ryguy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm

gunter wrote:JakeThumper is but one of the several OMcultists who gave legs to this meme. Will he be a welcome member of this commune once he's reconstructed- as others have been?

If you are, for whatever reason, referring to RU as a "commune," the answer is yes. If Jake would one day stand up and say - "You know what guys, it's all a farce. I was wrong about everything. I struggled to maintain the belief that at least an ounce of this could be true, even going so far as to lie and attack the people putting that truth in front of me. But, I now see the error of my ways and I see the truth...my eyes are now open and I see reality."

Yes, Kim, I would accept him. Sometimes a person that escapes from a cult, with open eyes and fresh humility, is the best person to provide insight into what makes the cult attractive to people, and where it's soft underbelly exists.

I do not hold past erroneous beliefs against people. Life is a process of collecting new information and being flexible enough in your personal beliefs to adapt and incorporate new truths. If you can't do that - if you remain stuck and rigid in one belief or another (be it as a full-fledged believer or full-fledged skeptic), you're bound to be disappointed sooner or later when you're faced with a reality that doesn't mesh with what you are certain of. I admire anyone who is willing to own up to past errors and change their modus operandi moving forward.

Not holding grudges feels good, you should try it.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:35 pm

I don't hold any personal grudge towards Saint Thumper. Don't confuse me with yourself and Murnut on that. But I am endlessly bemused by the guy's ridiculous credulity. On the other hand- Jake is not the foremost enabler in OMville. That honorific belongs to Poison Ivo and Lucy, himself.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:47 pm

gunter wrote:I don't hold any personal grudge towards Saint Thumper. Don't confuse me with yourself and Murnut on that.

LOL...omg the hypocrisy, I can't stand it. lol.

Do I really need to quote the thousands of times you've attacked poor Shawnna, and the poor woman isn't even around these parts to defend herself anymore, yet you continue to bash away even though the events took place half a decade ago. No grudges?

Of course, writing about people at other places where they aren't active and won't defend themselves is pretty much par for the course for you isn't it?

gunter wrote:That honorific belongs to Poison Ivo and Lucy, himself.

Doh. Point taken. And I just remembered, I do hold one or two grudges...

**Edited 6/29 to add the first half of this post, which must be stated...lol**
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 pm

hahahah Who doesn't?
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Ed Komarek this am, FB status: "it's beginning to look like....this was a long standing hoax...first on the Navy and then the UFO Community.."

I'm not really keeping up on the most finest of details, but do the key promoters of the story say this now also, or what?

Ed says he talked with a woman/relative of RT, and man that family sure does seem pissed off at RT. This woman's husband, reports Ed, was a REAL LT. COL., so she's very upset.

Note: Ed just recently went up on Facebook, same time as I re established an account there. (Previous one nuked due to all the obsessive never ending political status updates....nowadays I only have 21 friends, lol....politics, yuk)

Looked at the OM thread,or the last page of it......there's 55 pages of posts since I last checked (at around page 275)
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:57 pm

The key promoters of this story are clinging on for dear life.

Barbara is the widow of Lt. Col. Robert Theilmann who was killed in a helicopter accident in 2003. Ed has independently verified what she also told Caryn, and also confirmed what other family members have said.

I hope to publish an update on this in the very near future, but another family member has now appeared and I'm trying to arrange a call with him.

This is a hoax that will have severe repurcussions on those that have actively and eagerly encouraged it. Exopolitics in particular doesn't come out of this smelling of roses.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm not really keeping up on the most finest of details, but do the key promoters of the story say this now also, or what?
...and one of those 'key promoters of the story', ironically, is Eddie the K himself! Great to watch him visit with the sunrise. hahahaha
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:48 pm

gunter wrote:
...and one of those 'key promoters of the story', ironically, is Eddie the K himself! Great to watch him visit with the sunrise. hahahaha

Wrong verb tense, Kim! "Is" means something going on now. "Was" is now the operative verb.

You don't like his profile pic? Maybe we can get him to lower his head....and stick a big fat blunt between his lips.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:56 pm

For the record, I think Ed's got the tools to be a very good investigator into all this type of stuff. Despite his years of willing to believe in Adamski, Meire, and all the other obvious fruitcakes recognizing a market of gullible readers, he seems to see thru this stuff eventually.

What I hope to see is a return to old fashion investigations.....

A friend of mine, while sharing a story about people in the local pol scene, shared a line that I think is relevant for perhaps Ed and so many others on stage in this field:

"Get over yourself.....you're not that important."
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby gunter » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Oh- I admit to a secret little indulgence of reading everything Eddie the K publishes. He's delicious in his own way. Hey- that's our field- love it or leave it!
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby oboe » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:22 am

I did a post at that other forum, you know the one run by hypocrites, about trying to get my step-father-in-law's military records. He passed away in January and my mother-in-law was in very poor health then too. She wanted his service records so she could put Colonel and Korea on his headstone and, I think, just to have something that was about him. I'm so glad this process was started while she was still alive (she passed away last month), yet I'm very, very glad we got the records after she passed because it would have hurt her deeply to find out what was in those records.

They were married in 1988, my husband and I married in 1982. From the first time I met him up until the day he died, she referred to him as Colonel. He told her he had served in the Air Force (Army Air Corps at the time he went in in 1946) in Germany and in Korea, and that he stayed in the reserves until the later 60s and reached a full Colonel in rank.

We finally got his records yesterday. He did go into the Air Force in 1946 and he did serve four years in Germany. He then was sent to Alaska for two years. He was discharged from regular service in late 1952, with rank of Sargeant, and went into the Reserves so he could go to college in Texas. He did achieve rank of 1st Lt. after four years of college while in the Reserves. He achieved 2nd Lt. a while later. He was honorably discharged in 1962, with a rank of 1st Lt. He was discharged because he failed to achieve rank.

According to the records we received, he never went to Korea, he never made it to even a Lt. Colonel, and he was discharged in 1962. He lied about his time in the service, where he served, and what rank he achieved. I have no idea why he would lie about his military career, other than just to impress others.
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:01 pm

oboe wrote:According to the records we received, he never went to Korea, he never made it to even a Lt. Colonel, and he was discharged in 1962. He lied about his time in the service, where he served, and what rank he achieved. I have no idea why he would lie about his military career, other than just to impress others.

Unfortunately this is not unusual. If you ever watched the movie "Patton", Patton is portrayed as stating (much of the openning speech was taken from Patton's own writings and comments) words to the effect that members of his army could be thankful they would not tell their grandchildren they shoveled **** in Louisianna during the war. Far too many individuals tend to embellish things that happened during their military careers. I have to check myself when recounting my twenty+ years on submarines. Sometimes you tend to exaggerate to make the story better. The Roswell story seems to be full of these kinds of individuals (some identified and some not). It is hard to tell your grandchildren you just performed maintenance on B-29s at RAAF. It is much more fun to recall seeing strange activity on base about the time the event happened. Did it happen that way or was it just another case of making a boring story a bit more exciting to those willing to listen?
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Chorlton » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:15 pm

I'm just happy boasting about being an old decrepit rock star !
It covers up the fact that I actually had some input into "The Birdie Song"
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby caryn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Chorlton wrote:I'm just happy boasting about being an old decrepit rock star !

Not one of the Tweets?.....could be worse - The Baron Knights for instance ;-)
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby AussieMike » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:38 pm

caryn wrote:
Chorlton wrote:I'm just happy boasting about being an old decrepit rock star !

Not one of the Tweets?.....could be worse - The Baron Knights for instance ;-)

I love them.

Twisting the knights away is one of my favourite bits of vinyl

Oh happy memorys
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Exopolitics