Doesn't the concept of exopolitics seem a bit insane?

A study of the political relations between humanity and ET

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Doesn't the concept of exopolitics seem a bit insane?

Postby skunk » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Michael Salla is the "creator" of exopolitics. Michael Salla?!?! of all people.

There is no proof we've been in contact with aliens at all, and yet this guy wants to setup an entire field to interact with them? How does that make sense?

Don't get me wrong, I find it unlikely there is not intelligent life outside of this planet considering how large our universe is, but there's absolutely no concrete evidence there are aliens "living amongst us", or interacting with us in the very least.

Exopolitics is the brain child of Michael Salla, why does anyone waste their time with it considering a whacko started the field?
skunk

Re: Doesn't the concept of exopolitics seem a bit insane?

Postby Etherian » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Who knows, Skunk? I was moded once over on OM just for debating Michael over the proven fakery of the Nut Job, George Adamski.
Salla started the argument with me, but I got the word to back off.
Etherian
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby skunk » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:42 pm

You were told to "back off" from debating Salla?
skunk

Postby DrDil » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:19 pm

skunk wrote:Michael Salla is the "creator" of exopolitics. Michael Salla?!?! of all people.

There is no proof we've been in contact with aliens at all, and yet this guy wants to setup an entire field to interact with them? How does that make sense?

Don't get me wrong, I find it unlikely there is not intelligent life outside of this planet considering how large our universe is, but there's absolutely no concrete evidence there are aliens "living amongst us", or interacting with us in the very least.

Exopolitics is the brain child of Michael Salla, why does anyone waste their time with it considering a whacko started the field?

I thought Webre originally coined the term?

I do agree with you though and wrote the following only a couple of days ago, it was in response to someone saying that at least the Exo-crowd brought some 'whistleblowers' out of hiding:

DrDil wrote:
Exopolitics isn’t about whistleblowers or testimony but it’s about a very small handful of people who created the entire concept purely so they can validate their relativity to the UFO phenomenon and so ultimately to the community where they exist ‘out there’ (literally!!) on the fringes.

I’d venture that the truth isn’t buried very deeply and can in fact be discovered just by scratching the shiny veneer of exopolitics. I also believe that the truth which lies just beneath the surface is simply that the entire premise of it is nonsensical and its obvious self-serving sanctimony is screwed right through the rotten core of the ‘movement,’ thus rendering it impotent as any kind of purveyor of truth and so is destined to forever be nought but a novelty stall peddling their faulty wares on the outer (outré!! :D ) perimeter of the current Ufological circus.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby murnut » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:42 pm

skunk wrote:You were told to "back off" from debating Salla?

One of my suspensions at OM came because I would not back off a debate with with Salla over the JAL sighting and the grandstanding testimony of John Callahan.
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby skunk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:59 am

I'm just amazed when I hear about people using Michael Salla as a credible source...
skunk

Postby Etherian » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Sorry Skunk. Didn't see yours until today. Yes Admin gave me a warning to give it up or get out.(words to that effect)
(Jake reminded me about that yesterday and that he went to bat for me.)

I was perturbed to say the least and stopped posting on the thread for around a week.

One valuable thing I got from it, was a reconsideration of Salla's credibility, both for me and quite the opposite with OM.
Etherian
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby skunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Etherian wrote:One valuable thing I got from it, was a reconsideration of Salla's credibility, both for me and quite the opposite with OM.

Do you find him more or less credible after this affair? I don't trust the guy, at all. :^o
skunk

Postby Etherian » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:07 am

I find him about as credible as a four dollar bill. He has an agenda. He will push that agenda in any way possible.
He knew some of what Theilmann said was not real. But he wanted to believe so badly, he kept it to himself, believing part of the story(the UN part).
His BS alarm didn't go off enough to check this guy out more thoroughly? He is supposed to be a lead investigator in matters UFO, according to his billboards.

So, why did he let everybody down by not getting to the bottom of it early on?

Strains credulity. IMO.
Etherian
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby murnut » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:39 am

Salla can't be trusted...his credibility is 5%-10% maybe....however...I don't believe he is lying as some others clearly are.
He has been responded to by email by someone who answered his questions regarding RT...someone and something Salla made particular allegations about....so far Salla has not reported this, nor has he issued any kind of retraction or apology
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby AussieMike » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:32 am

Its telling isnt it that Salla has gone to ground, in essence the email from Mr Schmidt contradicts the spin he tried to put on that aspect of the story.
Salla tried to make much milage about the fact that RT was still on their roster.......
Of course thats now been explained in detail, yet Salla remains silent...No comment ?

Last i checked all the pictures of RT have also been removed from their photo albums........

You can bet you wont be seeing anymore pics of Theilmann at the naval order, uniform or not.
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Google

Return to Exopolitics