Obama Watch - Keeping an Eye on U.S. Leadership

Everything Political

Re: Obama Watch - Keeping an Eye on U.S. Leadership

Postby jbondo » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 pm

I can only laugh to keep from crying at this Obama run circus. This oil spill debacle is just icing on the cake.
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:37 pm

jbondo wrote:I can only laugh to keep from crying at this Obama run circus. This oil spill debacle is just icing on the cake.

You bet. And now that BP has stemmed the flow of oil, how much you wanna bet that Rahm will manipulate the puppet strings to have Obama rush in and claim credit... "See how well we in the government get things done? We should be in control of more stuff, dontcha think?"

:lol: :cry:

Getting close to the 100 day mark...
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

THIS is change? REALLY?

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:38 pm

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1812&p=28979#p28975

In the cited post under Mur's Sauce forum, we read the following:

Ilargi: As the financial regulation bill threatens to make Timothy Geithner even more powerful than he already is, probably enough so to thwart Elizabeth Warren's access to the leadership of the Consumer Protection Agency, a range of settlements concerning a range of illegal activities in the financial world are announced. And this is, make no mistake, where the real spirit of the present US administration shines through. The banks come first, and you the people come last.

But, but, but..... Obama promised CHANGE! In fact, "we" were HOPEful that he would give us CHANGE WE COULD BELIEVE IN.

Well, note that I put "we" in quotation marks. Because I was not hopeful at all that there would be any meaningful change. There was really, absolutely nothing different about Obama... except he was a different color and had less executive experience than previous guys who lied through their teeth to get the POTUS job.

Way back before the election of 2008 (in another thread in this forum), we had a couple of the RU guys trying to convince me how great it would be if Obama was elected. I knew they were wrong then, and I submit that after 18 months of watching this numbskull pretend to be better than Bush, he has delivered on nothing.

"Follow the money" applies to more than just alleged UFOs and purported scammers who use UFOs to do their scamming. I want to know when RU is going to begin their next scam-busting investigation... heck, there is already so much evidence out in the public domain that I would think you lads would have a field day. But step 1 is, as always, admitting we have a problem...and Obama is that problem.

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby murnut » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Obama is a disaster....on multiple levels.

At least you knew what we had in Bush, and Bush made no apologies for it...but Barrack has only changed things for the worse....think of all the billions wasted on stimulus, think of trillions wasted on corrupt bankers, think of the still unrecognized disaster in waiting of healthcare "reform"

He has no idea what he is doing when it comes to foreign policy, no idea what he is doing regarding Iraq and especially Afghanistan, the North Koreans and the Russians have taken advantage of him....just what the hell is doing, has done that could be defined as any kind of success?

Do we look better in the worlds eye?

Only if clowns are more respected and admired than someone with the absolute determination to do what they think is right for America...the rest of the world might have been pissed off at us...but I'd rather have that, than pissed off and a laughing stock.

Obama has got to go...but I unimpressed so far with any alternative the elephants might offer...Palin is a non starter, Paul is too fringy...Mitt bores the hell outta me...no one else has much name recognition....

Obama is going to be difficult to beat...no matter what happens...someone better step up real soon
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:12 pm

murnut wrote:Do we look better in the worlds eye?

Only if clowns are more respected and admired than someone with the absolute determination to do what they think is right for America...the rest of the world might have been pissed off at us...but I'd rather have that, than pissed off and a laughing stock.

The world just wants a weak America. Until they get into trouble, then they want a strong America. Often, once they decide they want that strong America, things are in such a state of chaos that it is much harder for America to step in and make anything better. Obama thinks all he has to do with Europe is talk "consensus building"... but even that is not working. He wants them to try and spend the world out of recession, but Europe has "been there and done that" and saw it did not work. How interesting that, for once, Europe does not want to spend $ they don't have and the US is trying to get them to do just that!

Obama has got to go...but I unimpressed so far with any alternative the elephants might offer...Palin is a non starter, Paul is too fringy...Mitt bores the hell outta me...no one else has much name recognition....

Newt. Now I don't raise his name thinking he has no baggage. But he is every bit as much the eloquent speaker as Obama. And he was the architect of the contract with America, which some say was the impetus that forced Clinton to balance the budget.

There are downsides to Newt, of course, but his upsides are WAY WAY WAY better than Obama, and he is no idiot spouting off at the mouth, like Palin. And yeah, Paul and Romney....meh...not so much!

But even as much as I would like Newt to forge a new contract with America as POTUS, I would still like to see a true centrist independent come forward who is likeable, experienced, and electable. But I don't see it happening in this election cycle, or even for 2012.

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby oboe » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:20 am

Two things I like about Ron Paul.

1. Get rid of the Federal Reserve. Much easier said than done, but that in itself would give the monetary system of the US back to the US.

2. Legalize hemp. There are over 2,000 products that can be made from hemp, including many plastics that are currently made from petroleum. Hemp can be grown regionally and the products produced regionally. Hemp is sustainable, easy to grow, resists most diseases, doesn't require a lot of water if grown for the stalks instead of seed, but even the seeds are edible and a good source of protein. How many food products can be made from crude oil? None that I know of.
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby murnut » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:29 am

There plenty of things I like about Ron Paul...I just don't think he is electable at this point.

I'd take him in a heart beat...he is just what the country needs....but he has as much a chance as Palin...zero.

Obama is a disaster worse than Carter...most just don't realize it yet.
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:00 pm

murnut wrote:Obama is a disaster worse than Carter...most just don't realize it yet.

Most of my like-minded, centrist friends and I said the exact same thing right after he got elected. And he has proved to, indeed, be worse than Carter. It is easy to understand why the FAR RIGHT are coming unglued...just like the FAR LEFT came unglued with Bushy. I just don't want a full, reactionary swing back to the far right. Because Obama was a reactionary swing to the far left that got the pendulum swinging. Hell, looking at the waste he has laid, I am ready to admit that Hillary would have been better (less bad) than Obama!

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Pure Racism - But no one in Obama Admin would admit it!

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Blacks can be racist too!

Shirley Sherrod, the department's Georgia director of Rural Development, is shown in the clip describing "the first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm." Sherrod, who is black, claimed the farmer took a long time trying to show he was "superior" to her. The audience laughed as she described how she determined his fate.

"He had to come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," she said. "I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land -- so I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough."

No fuzz on this peach... she was judging a person and their worthiness for government aid BY THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN. Exactly what whites are chastised about. This is racism. And while she was forced to resign because of such stupid, overt racist comments, one wonders how many other stealth racists are part of Obama's administration?

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

YAEF - Yet Another Epic Failure

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Obama's Mortgage Program Not Working

Government watchdogs are telling a Senate panel that the Obama administration's multibillion effort to help at-risk homeowners avoid foreclosure is not working and could put the economic recovery at risk.

Special inspector general for the financial bailouts Neil Barofsky said Wednesday that the program has not "put an appreciable dent in foreclosure filings," during a hearing on the $700 billion bank bailout before the Senate Finance Committee. He also said the Treasury Department has ignored earlier demands that it set clearer goals for the program.

Elizabeth Warren, who chairs a separate Congressional Oversight Panel on the bailouts, said Treasury's failure to act more quickly could be hurting the recovery.

Moreover, let's talk a little bit about "the recovery" as it relates to something else that has been in the news (and Obama is trying to use for political gain), namely: extension of unemployment benefits. For an administration that loves to tout how its policies have "lead to recovery", isn't it an implicit admission that they have done nothing of the sort by demanding (pleading, cajoling, attempting to blackmail) Republicans into voting for unemployment extension?

You can't have it both ways...If your policies really were stimulating the economy and leading a recovery, then there would be no need for you to pander to voters still on unemployment!

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 am

Man, would you please delete your smear of the lady, Shirley Sherrod. Am a little surprised that you haven't done so already. Man up, like Tom Vlisack did.
Thanks in advance.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:49 am

MikeJamieson wrote:Man, would you please delete your smear of the lady, Shirley Sherrod. Am a little surprised that you haven't done so already. Man up, like Tom Vlisack did.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry, Mike. I will take it down once the NAACP apologizes to the Tea Party for its racist label. And as for Shirley, here are her own words:

"take him to one of his own" - This is pretty much tantamount to something that blacks get upset about (and rightly so) if a white person refer to blacks as a group by saying something like "you people."

"it IS about black and white... " - gee, wait. I thought we were supposed to be color blind?

And reality? Vlisack was told to apologize by his boss, Obama.

And finally, let me ask you a very important question. I hope you can answer it: How, exactly, did "Reverend" Al Sharpton apologize to those Duke lacrosse students who were dragged thru the mud by a false rape accusation by a hooker? How about an apology for the Tawana Brawley situation from so long ago?

http://www.freelawanswer.com/law/3064-3-law-4.html

You see...I shall continue to play by THE SAME RULES that black acitivists play by. When they start changing their ways, I will no longer have to point out their hypocrisy.

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Actions vs. Words Barack?

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Wasteful GOV Spending Law

"The fact is, Washington is a place where tax dollars are often treated like Monopoly money, bartered and traded, divvied up among lobbyists and special interests," Obama said in March when he announced the initiative. "And it has been a place where waste -- even billions of dollars in waste -- is accepted as the price of doing business."

You mean like using stimulus money to pay off one of Hillary Clinton's campaign debtors, ostensibly to "help them save jobs"? You mean things like that, Mr. President?

The new law also will toughen up rules for federal agencies, which will be required to report improper payments on a regular basis and elaborate on their efforts to avoid similar waste in the future.

"Well, I don't accept business as usual," the president said in March. "And the American people don't accept it either, especially when one of the most pressing challenges we face is reining in long-term deficits which threaten to leave our children a mountain of debt."

So it applies to "federal agencies". Anyone want to take any bets as to whether Congress considers itself a "federal agency"? IOW, will this apply to Congress and their spendthrift ways? Probably not. And is the White House a "federal agency"? Does it equally apply to POTUS? See above note about directing taxpayer funds to your political pals.

Ray
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:47 pm

But Ray, Breitbart took that one snippet and aired it out of context. You have to view the entire speech to understand what she was saying. In her own words- "It's about those who have and those who don't." It's a story of redemption and in it she relates the story of her fathers death at the hands of white men who were never prosecuted. The St. Pete Times published the transcript in todays edition but I can't find a link to it but heres a link to the vid. http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/07 ... od-speech/ If you don't hear or read the whole thing then yeah it comes off as racist and don't forget the Spooners went on national tv and said she was nice to them. And here's a link to that- http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201007200058
And yeah yer right Sharpton, he's a race baitor of the first order.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Etherian » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:26 am

Late to this party. One thing Obama has that Carter didn't seem to have....at least at the time. A subjugated and owned media that can't get the picture if their life depended on it.
There is a faint whiff that a couple are waking, but we are a long way from a diligent press that should be calling him out all over the place.

Fox tries, but they are generally marginalized by the so called main stream.

My concern....., it ain't going to happen before it's Venezuela time.
Etherian
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Politics