Alien Entity Activity

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:46 pm

ryguy wrote: I would hope that you would say a plumber is more credible to describe weird noises that you're hearing coming from the drain than say, an electrician or a pizza boy?
-Ryan

Yes quite so but we arent talking about that and no one has any empirical experience of UFO's therefor any witnessing done of them by say, Percy the Plod is going to be just as believeable as Helen the Housewife.
Granted, a pilot might and I repeat might be more able to explain aerial maneouvering than Helen the Housewife but his actual description of the alleged UFO is, in my opinion no more valid than hers.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm


Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby ScaRZ » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Chorlton wrote:
ScaRZ wrote:

You sound like you are already an expert on "Everything" so why ask when you don't need an answer.


Sarcasm ? or Bitching? Please explain what you mean by the above or are you just attempting to be spitefull?. Ive been around for 60 years now and done a lot more nosing around than most but Ive never stated or even intimated that I knew everything so I would suggest you apologise for that bit of snide insult, or at least attempt to justify it.

Or does being gods own representative to RU give you some sort of dispensation?



Chorlton....You can call it what you want. I was making a point that you shot down the very question you were asking. No matter how it is answered your mind is already made up.

I may not post that much at RU but I read a great deal. Yes Chorlton I even read many of your post. You come across to me as someone who is looking to punch holes even when punching holes aren't needed.

How is it you feel I'm Gods representative to RU?........"Where did that come from?" Is it you just don't like me because I'm a follower and believer in Jesus Christ and have shared that here at RU?
Image
User avatar
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 1:49 pm
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby ryguy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:57 pm

I only hope that I never get to the point in my life where I come to believe that a person's time here on earth is directly proportional to a better understanding of the Universe and things within it. To be honest, I've met more 4 year-olds with more insight and understanding of the world than most cranky 60+ year-olds, so set in their ways that they could never fathom that the world may not be what they've decided it is. :)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:02 pm

ScaRZ wrote:
Chorlton....You can call it what you want. I was making a point that you shot down the very question you were asking. No matter how it is answered your mind is already made up.

I may not post that much at RU but I read a great deal. Yes Chorlton I even read many of your post. You come across to me as someone who is looking to punch holes even when punching holes aren't needed.


EVERYTHING needs to have holes punched in it, continually. If you dont you are helping to propogate the stupidity that promulgated it. If people had continued punching holes in the stupidity of UFO's since it started we wouldnt be in the situation we are in now. If a dog bites you, you kick it. If it bites you again you kill it. It wont do it again.

How is it you feel I'm Gods representative to RU?........"Where did that come from?" Is it you just don't like me because I'm a follower and believer in Jesus Christ and have shared that here at RU?

I do not dislike you. Let me get that straight. I dont know you and one cannot dislike someone one has not ever met (well there are a few exceptions).
I dislike people who promote God and Religion as if they are something concrete, something tangible. I despise the unfounded hope that religion spouts and gives to people then craps on them. I despise the self righteous answers given by religion and the followers of it when asked direct questions.
Probably the only religious man I ever had respect for was Robert Runcie who himself expressed doubts about there ever being a Christ.
I dislike the fact that you are able to promote your religious beliefs here and I am dissallowed from questioning it.

I could go on but whats the point.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:08 pm

ryguy wrote:I only hope that I never get to the point in my life where I come to believe that a person's time here on earth is directly proportional to a better understanding of the Universe and things within it. To be honest, I've met more 4 year-olds with more insight and understanding of the world than most cranky 60+ year-olds, so set in their ways that they could never fathom that the world may not be what they've decided it is. :)


Fortunatley for me Im not set in my ways, there are things that make me wonder and gasp, but when youve looked at the sky 10.000 times and seen its blue with some clouds, excuse me if I dont really believe the 10.001 time, that the sky is going to be pea green.
Im happy youve met lots of precocious 4 year olds,(youve BEEN to Amkon?) but I'd rather listen to someone who's had experience of the world than an ankle biter whos just been out of his front door. But you continue listening to your 4 year olds, Im sure they will educate you further.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby ryguy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Chorlton wrote:I do not dislike you. Let me get that straight. I dont know you and one cannot dislike someone one has not ever met (well there are a few exceptions).


That's not true - you draw premature conclusions about him simply because he is "religious." It's called bias. I'm not sure what happened in your life to make you despise anyone who chooses to adopt religion - but you've stated your case against such beliefs many times. You don't seem content with simply making the case in leaving it though - you must attack anyone and everyone who disagrees with your take on the matter.

I dislike people who promote God and Religion as if they are something concrete, something tangible.


You dislike people simply for believing in a higher power? I would have to say that many atheists are just as devout and vocal about their beliefs as many religious people are. But I don't dislike them for it - I simply decide to disagree with their beliefs and move on. What's this passion for attacking those who choose to believe differently than you about a higher power running the Universe?

I despise the unfounded hope that religion spouts and gives to people then craps on them.


Well - this probably hits closer to the issue than anything else you've said. I've recently gone through life events that certainly one could consider being "crapped" on. In most people, it would probably lead them to ask, where was god and why would he let such horrible things happen? It may even lead sane people to question the reality of such a higher power in the first place - and considering that you've been on this earth quite a long time, and probably suffered through many more of those painful experiences than I have - I can certainly understand where you're coming from.

I dislike the fact that you are able to promote your religious beliefs here and I am dissallowed from questioning it.

I could go on but whats the point.


The point is that for some reason you've never come to terms with how we've defined belief vs. claims on RU. If someone comes on here and says, "I believe I am in touch with spiritual beings" - that's a belief. How the hell do you ask for evidence of spiritual beings?

Now - if they were to state, "I believe I am in touch with spiritual beings that can tell me the future." Well now there you've got a claim that can stand up to scientific scrutiny. That's when asking for evidence is valid. When you ask for evidence about spiritual beliefs - it is clearly only intended to incite a debate about those beliefs...because there is no way to verify or measure the truth/falsity of the belief either way.

You have to come to terms with the difference or I think you'll always carry this grudge - and I really do want you to understand so that we can have discussions here on RU that may enter the spiritual realm without you jumping all over people just because they've stated their spiritual beliefs. It's counter-productive and it turns off a lot of lurkers from posting their views.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:31 pm

ryguy wrote: You don't seem content with simply making the case in leaving it though - you must attack anyone and everyone who disagrees with your take on the matter.

Someone disagrees with me and I will defend what I consider is right, thats not an attack, its a response.
However, I repeat, I do not dislike Scarz, I may dislike what he posts, but I do not dislike him, personally as I do not know him.

I dislike people who promote God and Religion as if they are something concrete, something tangible.

You dislike people simply for believing in a higher power? ?

No dont distort what I said. I said I dislike what people who promote God state as being real, Thats the God and religion thats promoted by' 'The Church' and is promoted as something that is real and tangible.
I did not say I dislike people for believing in a higher power. Though what that higher power is, or may be, I am yet to find out, though in my case it will probably be sooner rather than later.

I dislike the fact that you are able to promote your religious beliefs here and I am dissallowed from questioning it.
I could go on but whats the point.


The point is that for some reason you've never come to terms with how we've defined belief vs. claims on RU. If someone comes on here and says, "I believe I am in touch with spiritual beings" - that's a belief. How the hell do you ask for evidence of spiritual beings?

But thats a copout. Simply because there is no way to explain something is no reason NOT to question it.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby ryguy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:50 pm

So, what if I decide I'm going to question your taste in music because I think your music sucks and can't see any logical reason why you like it?

:)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:56 pm

ryguy wrote:So, what if I decide I'm going to question your taste in music because I think your music sucks and can't see any logical reason why you like it?

:)


You would fisrt have to find out what my taste in music actually is. Ive never made a point of promoting it, other than basic 60's/70's stuff. Then again I also love Dvorack, and adore Viennese Waltzes.
So try your arm but your argument is facile.

In my opinion if someone says ""I believe I am in touch with spiritual beings" I would want to have the right to question it, because in my opinion its as loopy a claim as the Pope saying there is a God.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby ryguy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Chorlton wrote:In my opinion if someone says ""I believe I am in touch with spiritual beings" I would want to have the right to question it, because in my opinion its as loopy a claim as the Pope saying there is a God.


So - maybe I consider the fact that you even listen to music at all as loopy and a waste of time. It's an opinion, it's my opinion, and it doesn't mean I'm right. You may personally view these beliefs as loopy, but it doesn't mean you're right (or wrong). There's no way to know because it's completely subjective.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm

ryguy wrote:
Chorlton wrote:In my opinion if someone says ""I believe I am in touch with spiritual beings" I would want to have the right to question it, because in my opinion its as loopy a claim as the Pope saying there is a God.


So - maybe I consider the fact that you even listen to music at all as loopy and a waste of time. It's an opinion, it's my opinion, and it doesn't mean I'm right. You may personally view these beliefs as loopy, but it doesn't mean you're right (or wrong). There's no way to know because it's completely subjective.


But my point is, one should be allowed to question any claim. Without questioning it how is anyone to understand it?
Or are you just happy to say "Oh yeah, Spiritual beings...OK" and leave it at that?
Thats not Uncovering Reality, thats confusing it.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby ryguy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Chorlton wrote:But my point is, one should be allowed to question any claim. Without questioning it how is anyone to understand it?
Or are you just happy to say "Oh yeah, Spiritual beings...OK" and leave it at that?
Thats not Uncovering Reality, thats confusing it.


Absolutely - I agree with you 100%.

There's a difference between saying something like, "well, if you believe in spiritual beings then could you explain how you know they exist, because you can't see them? How do you know they are there?" And then actually listening and trying to understand their perspective...

Or writing:

"Oh come on - there are no spiritual beings in the Universe - it's a crock of s^~t created by organized religion, and you're a f$#%ing moron for believing that there are such things..."

I hope you see the difference....lol
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:38 pm

ryguy wrote:
Chorlton wrote:But my point is, one should be allowed to question any claim. Without questioning it how is anyone to understand it?
Or are you just happy to say "Oh yeah, Spiritual beings...OK" and leave it at that?
Thats not Uncovering Reality, thats confusing it.


Absolutely - I agree with you 100%.

There's a difference between saying something like, "well, if you believe in spiritual beings then could you explain how you know they exist, because you can't see them? How do you know they are there?" And then actually listening and trying to understand their perspective...

Or writing:

"Oh come on - there are no spiritual beings in the Universe - it's a crock of s^~t created by organized religion, and you're a f$#%ing moron for believing that there are such things..."

I hope you see the difference....lol


Indeed and I would never say such a thing :roll:
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby ryguy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Chorlton wrote:Indeed and I would never say such a thing :roll:


...and I quote:

"Meditiation or you were high as a kite on dope?"

lol

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Alien Entity Activity

Postby Access Denied » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:30 am

Back on topic...

ScaRZ wrote:
Etherian wrote:Next, the interview....

Umm Eth, still waiting.... :)

P.S. ScaRZ, I replaced your reposting of "Part 4" with links to your original reposting of it here... with pics.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

PreviousNext

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests

cron