Site Outage on Monday

Messages from the mods

Moderators: ryguy, Zep Tepi

Site Outage on Monday

Postby ryguy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Well, RU was offline all day yesterday. During that time, I received numerous emails from concerned members asking if we'd been shut down by the MIB or enemy forces of evil. The good news is that we were not under attack by any secret government organization, nor were we being threatened by the huge believer-led Ufology cottage industry.

No, the reason for our outage yesterday was much more mundane. Between our busy schedules, Steve and I both forgot to take care of some pending administrative issues with our host, and so they temporarily deactivated our account. We took care of it yesterday afternoon, but it took half a day for them to respond and reactivate everything.

I do want to apologize to our loyal readers and members for the outage yesterday. Since we've been with this new host, our up-time has been excellent, so this recent downtime was a bit embarrassing! We pride ourselves in bringing you the truth 24/7...and any downtime at all is unacceptable!

Thanks for your understanding. And now....full steam ahead! :-)

Your friendly administrator,
-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: Site Outage on Monday

Postby DrDil » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:13 pm

I invoked similar ‘administrative/hosting issues’ at the end of last month, unfortunately several of my websites were then replaced with an, “Account Suspended” epitaph leaving no question as to why they were gone.
(Worse still it looks like it was their -previously flawless- payment processing system (script) that was at fault.)

I'm pleased to see it was nothing serious and even more so that the RU site is unharmed and fully functioning again.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:23 am

"And they don't take American Visa."

:lol:
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:40 am

Actually American Discover - that was half the problem! LOL
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to Site Announcements