The Bible,The Ancients, Text,& The Spirit Realm

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: The Bible,The Ancients, Text,& The Spirit Realm

Postby Access Denied » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:14 am

Not to derail but…

“It seems that there is a Chronology Protection Agency which prevents the appearance of closed timelike curves and so makes the universe safe for historians.”
- Stephen Hawking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology ... conjecture

The chronology protection conjecture is a conjecture by the physicist Professor Stephen Hawking that the laws of physics are such as to prevent time travel on all but sub-microscopic scales. Mathematically, the permissibility of time travel is represented by the existence of closed timelike curves.

I’d say that’s probably a good thing…
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby AussieMike » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:44 am

They also said the world was flat, and that going faster than the speed of sound as impossible.
Im not saying i know better than hawkings, but history is replete with shattered absolutes
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:47 am

However the folks who said that weren’t scientists… just thought I should point that out. ;)

I have more to say about that video you posted in the “Nothing is real…” thread when I have more time but for now let’s run with this “anything’s possible” idea…

Where’s the past?

Seems to me the exact configuration of the Universe at every single instant in time would have to be “stored” somewhere in order to “retrieve” it and somehow go back to it (at which point storing copies of this new branch of time as well must begin but I digress) otherwise the only way to travel to the past would be to “undo” (reverse) every single minute thing that has happened since then… at which point the present you came from would cease to exist and become the future again. Hmm...

Consider how large this “warehouse of the past” would have to be to hold an infinite amount of (frozen) copies of all the matter in the Universe for all time…

I don’t know but that doesn’t sound too plausible to me.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:35 pm

AussieMike wrote:I suppose this applies to carved images too ?

or crosses worn on a chain around the neck ?

Correct!

If you bow to it,worship it,serve it......."Then it has become an idol to you."
As long as it's nothing more to us than what it is,I see no idol.

We can look at money much in the same light. That's the reason scripture teaches you can't "Serve" both God and Mammon. There is nothing evil about money,but the "Love" of money is the root of all evil. It can become an idol to all of us if we let it. It can become our god.

And it's not just money.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 pm

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:You make it sound like such an awful thing. But there is another way to view this sceanrio:

I answered it the way I chose to answer it. It may not be how you would choose to answer the hypothetical question,but for me it was how I see things. It would be an awful thing "In my opinion".
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:28 pm

21 Most Remarkable Natural Phenomena

http://www.flexijourney.com/blog/21-mos ... phenomena/

When a phenomenon is not produced by humans, it is natural. Natural is beautiful & sometime remarkable. Here are 21 unique Natural Phenomena to be found exist on earth. Many scientists are still looking for explanation on some of the occurrences.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:49 pm

What a beautiful planet we live on...thanks for the link. Amazing stuff.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Seed.......The Series

http://www.seedtheseries.com/index.html

Behind the concept of SEED

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAcRa6Tq ... _embedded#!

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54PveJR ... re=related

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDN5LPiv ... re=related

The pilot episode is called, "They Walk Among Us." This is part one of a two part story that will kick off the series.

The story begins with soldiers in Iraq (circa 2003) looking for weapons of mass destruction. But what they find is far worse than anything any government on this planet could stockpile. The team is led by Cpt. Zecheriah "Zak" Randall into an underground tunnel that was discovered deep inside a hillside in a remote desert region of Nippur.

After a terrifying encounter with the Fallen Angel Azazel, Zak's team gets wiped out and he barely escapes with his life. Emerging from the cave of Dudael, a badly wounded Zak is met by The Bedouin who heals him, but then transports him out of space and time.

Lt. Terry Knight was part of the unit that was in Iraq with Zak. His team was assigned to protect the perimeter. Aside from Zak, he is the only other surviving member of that mission.

Zak returns seven years later only to find himself in an Arizona desert region, two hours north of Tucson, totally confused and disconnected from all he knew and loved. His quest to find answers begins here.

Believing Zak was killed in Iraq , his (former) fiancee Jessica Caine has moved on with her life. She is a reporter with the Dallas Morning News. Together with staff photographer, Stan Winslow, they end up following a lead on a story that takes them to the Hick's farm in northern TX. There, they discover a very large crop circle formation. As strange as that is, it gets even stranger. Stan discovers that this formation which appeared on July 11, 2010 looks exactly like the famous "pictogram" which appeared in Wiltshire, England twenty years ago to the day.

The military shows up at the Hick's farm with intentions of removing all traces of this crop circle. But someone or something doesn't want it destroyed. Among other things, the crop circles can heal physical ailments and they also seem to have a power that draws people to them. Jessica is one such person.

When she returns home, her father, Dr. Norman Vincent Caine pays her an unwanted visit. They have a strained relationship and Jessica wants nothing to do with him. But she quickly realizes that the man standing at her door is not really her father, but rather someone who has taken on his appearance. This stranger transports the two of them away just as the real Dr. Caine arrives.

Meanwhile, out in the desert, Zak struggles to find his way back to civilization... and answers to the many questions running through his mind. He receives rides from several individuals that ultimately take him to Tombstone, AZ where his father, Grant Randall lives in isolation. Along the way, Zak begins to realize that he has been displaced in time for seven years and somehow transported from Iraq to Arizona. He is also given some clues, information... and an artifact (that we will learn more about later).

Grant can't believe his eyes when the son he thought he had lost shows up at his door. After hearing Zak's story, he realizes that this is all the doing of General Karydis and that since Zak has returned, the military will likely come looking for him. He sends his son off to find Zak's brother who lives in Dallas, Texas.

Now a Lt. Colonel, Terry Knight discovers Zak is still alive. With orders from General Karydis, he sets out to find him... and the answers to questions that have plagued him since 2003.

The last thing we see is General Karydis in a secret underground laboratory in Dulce, New Mexico, standing over the body of a giant humanoid being that has strange metal bands wrapped around its upper arms. When a young boy named Emmanuel enters the lab, the general directs his attention to the chart on the wall, which displays the Pleiades star cluster and asks him, "Are you able to bind their sweet influences?" The boy confidently answers, "I am." then tosses up a Klersdorp Sphere and asks, "But will you be ready when Iapetus turns?"

The boy leaves the general and goes down a long hallway that leads to a series of containment cells. Following him, we see that each one contains strange animal-human hybrid creatures and pregnant women being held against their will. And one of them is Jessica Caine.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:30 am

ScaRZ wrote:
You Can Call Me Ray wrote:You make it sound like such an awful thing. But there is another way to view this sceanrio:

I answered it the way I chose to answer it. It may not be how you would choose to answer the hypothetical question,but for me it was how I see things. It would be an awful thing "In my opinion".

But here is what is interesting, Scarz. You interpreted my post as criticizing you was the point of the post. But I was not at all criticizing your choice of how you answered. It is your choice, and who am I to infringe upon that. Rather, the only reason for the scant few words I did write was as a setup to the link I provided.

Rather than addressing what you may believe was my criticism of you (and it was not), would you be willing to offer any thoughts on the content of the link I supplied? That was really what I was looking for, and apologize if you took my few words as criticism.

Thanks,
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:11 pm

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:But here is what is interesting, Scarz. You interpreted my post as criticizing you was the point of the post. But I was not at all criticizing your choice of how you answered. It is your choice, and who am I to infringe upon that. Rather, the only reason for the scant few words I did write was as a setup to the link I provided.

Rather than addressing what you may believe was my criticism of you (and it was not), would you be willing to offer any thoughts on the content of the link I supplied? That was really what I was looking for, and apologize if you took my few words as criticism.

I apologize Ray for taking your words wrong.

Why didn't you just ask me for my opinion or thoughts on the link? Anytime you want to ask me something I will do my best to answer it. If I have no answer I will tell you.

A lot of links people post I never click on if they don't refer to something there,or post a short snippet. Which was the case with the link you placed in this thread. I will click the link in a few minutes and later reply with my thoughts.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:45 pm

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:
ScaRZ wrote:This reminds me some of a question my Grandfather ask me a few years before he died.

This has nothing to do with my faith,but was a question my Grandfather ask me many years ago and it has stuck with me through time. He and I use to get into some deep conversations and one day he ask me this very question below. He told me I had to answer it before I left......"It was around an hour I had to think and answer his question." NO! ducking around it,it was one answer or the other.

His question..........If you had a choice right this moment in time and had to choose one answer or the other which would you choose...... To die and there be......"Nothing",and when I say nothing I mean nothing?

Or would you make the choice to die and be reborn over and over for eternity?

If you choose to die and be reborn you will live and die as every [Human] who has ever lived. You will be every male and every female human....."No animals or creatures of any kind,only human. You will know every pleasure as well as every horror. You will live and die every death of infants,children,teens,adults and the very old.

One day you will live the life of your mother,father,sister,brother,
children........Everybody!!! Everyone who has ever and will ever live and die a life.

I will tell you it took me a long time before I gave him an answer. I ask him many questions and then thought about it before I told him I would choose to die and there be nothing.

When my Grandfather ask me this question,my first thought was would it be better to be conscience of something,feel something as nothing at all.

I ask my Grandfather if I would be able to remember anything from my past lives and he said no.

I then got to thinking about [all humans] and the lives and deaths of each of them. That is in my opinion impossible for the mind to comprehend. Every single person that has and will live and die. Whether the life is no more than a twinkling of an eye or you live hundreds of years........You would live them all.

I would experience all the greatness,friendship and love that has dwelt in the hearts.

I got to thinking how I would live the lives of all the famous people down through history. But 99.99% of lives would be the names that are never remembered and have no fame attached to them. Every possible way of death I would partake of. I not only would be on the receiving end, but also be the one to administer it through countless lives.

The thing is there would never be a way to change anything. Your next life and death would only be a random thing. It's all set in stone and every choice that has been made will be made......"Over and Over" through all eternity." You will live and die every life and it will be as it was.

What comes around,goes around....."Around and around inside a circle for ever and ever." You would be inside a circle and there would never be any way to penetrate and move outside the circle. Trapped like a rat inside a maze with no exit.

You make it sound like such an awful thing. But there is another way to view this sceanrio:

The Meaning of (Human) Life

Ray

My Grandfathers question was not the same in many areas as was the material from the link. Two completely different lay outs of the rebirth. From the link it's more in line with a Buddhist view of a progression. My Grandfathers question had nothing to do with progressing to a higher level.

I thought of the question for a good while before I answered it. Really if you come right down to it we wouldn't know how we would answer it until we were faced with it. I can say a lot of things when I'm not facing the sceanrio,but who knows what I might choose when it is at the door.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:00 pm

ScaRZ wrote:I apologize Ray for taking your words wrong.

Why didn't you just ask me for my opinion or thoughts on the link? Anytime you want to ask me something I will do my best to answer it. If I have no answer I will tell you.

Thanks Scarz, and yes I do admit it was "my bad" in not being more specific. I am often overly-verbose in my posts, and so sometimes I will attempt to be terse. And as we see in this case, I overshoot that goal and become a bit too terse such that I don't clearly spell out what I am asking!

Really if you come right down to it we wouldn't know how we would answer it until we were faced with it. I can say a lot of things when I'm not facing the sceanrio,but who knows what I might choose when it is at the door.

I understand your answer, and I do agree that, were one to be given a choice, it would be hard to decide a priori. I agree that it is something you would have to deal with when the offer was made. FWIW, I just think it is an interesting concept...and I could believe it may be true.

Thanks for taking the time to consider it and share your thoughts,
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:50 pm

You are very welcome Ray and thanks for the reply.

My Grandfather and I would discuss many topics. He was a man who had been around and seen many things in his life. He could joke and have fun but there was a deep side to him also. He was born in the late 1800's and lived to the age of 99. His father fought in the civil war and was shot at The Battle of Shiloh and carried a bullet from that battle in his leg until the day he died. My Grandfather would tell stories that would make me laugh as well as cry.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:05 pm

You can rarely convince someone that they’re wrong by telling them that you’re right. Not everyone who hears the gospel (Good News) will be saved. No where can you find in scripture that everyone who hears the gospel (Good News) will be saved........"Remember the parable of the seeds?" There's always a little thing in the mix that most never think about that was written about in scripture......."It's a thing called blindness."

I don't care how well you can see something,how long you stand telling someone......."It's right there." If they can't see it,they can't see it.

2 Corinthians 4:3-6

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

If a person has been blinded by the god of this world,then what does that mean?......."It means that person can't see what is there." You can see it as plain as the nose on your face,but to that person it isn't there.
It takes something that digs deep inside a person and pulls hard on their heart. You can discuss and debate with the blind person from now until next year and without a drawing from above that opens up their heart to understanding,they will remain blinded by the god of this world.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Previous

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal