The Original View on "Disclosure"

A study of the political relations between humanity and ET

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

The Original View on "Disclosure"

Postby Tim Hebert » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:15 pm

This pretty much dates me. I've been a long time fan of John Fogerty and Creedence Clearwater Revival. In fact I own all of their original LP "vinyl" albums.(The CDs don't do justice!) Could this be John Fogerty's take on Exopolitics and Disclosure back in the late 1960s?

IT CAME OUT OF THE SKY

Oh, it came out of the sky, landed just a little South of Moline.
Jody fell out of his tractor, couldn't b'lieve what he seen.
Laid on the ground and shook fearin' for his life.
Then he ran all the way to town screamin' it came out of the sky.
Well, a crowd gathered round and a scientish said it was marsh gas.
Spiro came and made a speed about raising the Mars tax.
The Vatican said, woe, the Lord has come, Hollywood rushed out an epic film
and Ronnie the Popular said it was a communist plot.
Oh, the newspapers came and made Jody a national hero.
Walter and Eric said they'd put him on a network TV show.
The White House said, put the thing in the Blue Room, the Vatican said,no, it belongs to Romeand
Jody said, it's mine and you can have it for seventeen million.
Oh, it came out of the sky, landed just a little South of Moline.
Jody fell out of his tractor, couldn't believe what he seen.
Laid on the ground a shakin', fearin' for his life.Oh, then he ran all the way to town screamin' it came out of the sky.

- John C. Fogerty

Damn good rock group! 8) I know, we don't teach the "classics" to today's generation.

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: The Original View on "Disclosure"

Postby Access Denied » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Interesting, it’s from the album Willy and the Poor Boys released in 1969… based on a classic Chuck Berry riff but I never paid close attention to the lyrics before. I just assumed it was about a meteorite.

Found this bit of trivia…

The Great(est) American Rock 'n' Roll Band: Creedence Clearwater Revival
http://www.adioslounge.com/2010/09/grea ... -band.html

In less than three minutes, "It Came Out Of The Sky" spoofs President Nixon, Vice President Agnew, then-California governor, Ronald Reagan (click link for good times), the Catholic Church, Hollywood, the press (as they called 'the media' in those days), and basic human paranoia and opportunism. The jury's still out on the scientist. I mean, maybe it was marsh gas.

Incidentally, Stephen King, a well-known CCR nut, published a short story in 1976 called "Weeds." That story was later turned into one of four short films that made up 1982's Creepshow, retitled for the moving pictures as "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" (starring King, pictured above as Jordy). While the title references Dylan's "Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll" and the actual plot owes a lot to HP Lovecraft's "The Colour Out Of Space," King's protagonist is a farmer named Jordy (Jody?) who watches a meteorite come out of the sky, discovers where it landed, and then fantasizes that it'll earn him untold riches ($17 million, perhaps?). I'm sure all that is just coincidence.

And for today’s generation, the obligatory YouTube…

Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Tim Hebert » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Access Denied wrote:Interesting, it’s from the album Willy and the Poor Boys released in 1969… based on a classic Chuck Berry riff but I never paid close attention to the lyrics before. I just assumed it was about a meteorite.

That's pretty much how I had always thought, it was a meteorite. The song popped into my head yesterday and I thought what a "clever" analogy for "disclosure aftermath."

Great link "adioslounge", I'll visit the site from time to time. I love the old stuff.

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:02 am

Tim Hebert wrote:That's pretty much how I had always thought, it was a meteorite. The song popped into my head yesterday and I thought what a "clever" analogy for "disclosure aftermath."

Agreed, it works either way...

And CCR was a great band.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to Exopolitics