Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby m0r1arty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:26 pm

This morning around 01:00 AM at the promenade of Armon Hantziv in Jerusalm, i was witness(with another guy), an amazing ufo aircraft over Jerusalem old city (mount Moriah) Dome of the Rock,Temple Mount,قبة الصخرة, הר הבית.
What is the meaning of this sighting ?????????...........................................

And so starts this intriguing tale of aerial, or computer generated, showmanship. The above is posted by YouTube user eligael as a description of his footage seen here:

The man you see at the front is presumably YouTube user shshsh331 as eligael mentions he has additional footage in his comments section and before long that footage was made available. See it here:

Now of course this is some superb footage, there are two angles and some timestamps indicated via noise which can be heard in each video. Utilising our skills here at RU can we unmask the hoax or is this indeed genuine footage of a paranormal nature?

It's presumably camera phone footage which would account for the lack of quality - I'm hoping to get a copy of the original files from the authors and if successful will post links to them here.

Until such times - what do you think and why?

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Interesting. Assuming the videos are genuine, I’m not sure a RC craft can be ruled out…

The rapid upward acceleration is consistent with a typical high power model rocket launch in my experience.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby m0r1arty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm going with the assumption they are not genuine as more footage would have been released I'm sure.

Of course I could be wrong (and would love to be!).

Here is a video with both of them side-by-side for comparisons to be made:

I also think, from the description in the original video, that the location the men were filming from is around here at the Richard We-Rhoda Goldman Promenade in Jerusalem.

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:27 pm

You could be right, one thing that’s bothering me is the way the shots are framed. It’s almost as if they knew it would be going down and then back up. Initially the object is in the upper 1/3 of the frame with the city (and presumably the second photographer in the case of the first video) in the bottom 1/3 and neither made any attempt to reframe based on the object’s changing position…

This suggests that if the object is real and not CGI it was a staged event in which case it seems the video’s intention is to deceive and possibly some elements have been introduced into it post production.

But, as always, I could be wrong...
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm

I had the same exact thought AD. My first thought was, "why doesn't he center the object?" Then it dropped....aha, that's why.

The red lights and ascending craft was pretty creative though. I like how even some lights were blocked as the craft turned and ascended. This would be a good clip for one of those cheesy movies like Cloverfield.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby DoomsdayRex » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:17 pm

It looks like the flash came from somewhere inside the city, not the object itself.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:47 am

DoomsdayRex wrote:It looks like the flash came from somewhere inside the city, not the object itself.

ive been searching to see if there has been any recent explosions near the dome of the rock just to see if i can find an explanation for the flash, not found anything yet but with jerusalem being a bit of a hot zone maybe not everything gets reported.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:ive been searching to see if there has been any recent explosions near the dome of the rock just to see if i can find an explanation for the flash, not found anything yet but with jerusalem being a bit of a hot zone maybe not everything gets reported.

I would think an explosion that would cause a flash like that would cause a boom, though.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:33 am

DoomsdayRex wrote:
RICH-ENGLAND wrote:ive been searching to see if there has been any recent explosions near the dome of the rock just to see if i can find an explanation for the flash, not found anything yet but with jerusalem being a bit of a hot zone maybe not everything gets reported.

I would think an explosion that would cause a flash like that would cause a boom, though.

yes, most probably but i just thought it was worth a look anyway because sometimes these hoaxes (assuming it is a hoax) are started by people filming an event then adding a ufo later!.

thanks

rich
Last edited by RICH-ENGLAND on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 am

Looking at the individual in the first video, he seems to be the source of the second video. You can even see him waving a cellphone or videocamera during the event. The two are related so one can not be considered independent of each other and the possibility they were both hoaxed videos increases. Where are all the other UFO videos generated by this event? Where area all the eyewitness reports? What about the news media? Lots of questions but not many answers other than these two videos.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:46 am

Upon first viewing the framing of the other man with the mobile phone camera blasted the idea of hoax right to the front of my mind.

If possible footage of a UFO could be seen we all know multiple camera angles are key to trying to explain what it is. Having a man, who you know via claims in the comments section, be centred and taped holding another recording device and aiming it at the UFO also in your shot then you ultimately set up the question "Where's the other footage?".

Now it's quite possible that a genuine scenario would appear and someone with enough clout to produce real evidence would record this - however it's also likely that a premeditated hoax would try and use the same technique and in all probability would do so before 'real footage' ever showed up.

Additional footage, or even eye witness testimony to try and assist with the current footage would be useful at this point. If we could get the footage prior to YouTube compression we could try and focus on where the UFO 'lands' and give us an indication of speed and distance using Google maps and the time it takes for the object to move upwards.

A better view of the blanket lighting (although this is probably an effect in this case) would allow us to determine an exact location of the UFO if indeed it was emitted by it.

My thinking it's a hoax does not render it as such until I can compile more evidence to substantiate that thinking. But between us here (and possibly a few folk elsewhere) I hope we can either validate it as genuine (That'd be great) or prove it as a hoax (Much more likely in my opinion).

EDIT: Speak of the devil:

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:11 am

well it would appear to be the same incident, the amount of time it hovers close to the building before shooting off is exactly the same for both videos, around 23 seconds.

strange how these people dont seem overly concerned or wowed though!.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:14 am

lol, not...

Obvious CGI is obvious.

ETA: Compare the height (it drops down to) to the first video.
Last edited by Access Denied on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add clarification
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby m0r1arty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:24 am

I'm still sticking to the hoax theory and we've either got a few people working together to produce some content which verifies each other or we've got people jumping on the bandwagon of hype and attention. Something that the 3rd video stinks of due to their not being any context content other than audio and some dodgy visuals.

This third video was uploaded by a YouTube username named 50nFit who has been a member of the YouTube community since September 2009.

eligael, who posted the first video, joined in October of 2007 and his friend shshsh331 joined in November of last year. None of these people had uploads of their accounts prior to this series of events and it's only after the popularity of the 1st video that each subsequent videos came out. Not saying it's impossible to have a YouTube account without any uploads but to have three of them, spaced over various years, with no discernible content...seems fishy.

In fact the third video is posted as verification of the 1st and 2nd video as oppose to a spectacle in its own right.
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:46 am

it would be good if we could get a translation of what the men in the first video are saying, if the audio is real in videos 1 and 3 then either they did a very good job getting multiple people of different nationalities involved in making a hoax or they got lucky with some audio and video that they could mix and match, or its not cgi but something else?.

does anyone here have the capability to do a side by side vid of videos 1 and 3 to see how the "ufos" speed and movement compare?.

is there any way to find out if the audio is really from the videos?.

although i dont think this is alien im still a bit intrigued.
thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Next

Google

Return to UFOs