Connection - A Personal Experience - Why Cant We All Do It?

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Connection - A Personal Experience - Why Cant We All Do It?

Postby franspeakfree » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:32 pm

Why is 'connection' not experienced by all?

I am not sure how this thread will go down here but for some reason I feel compelled to write about this self called 'connection' I am not sure how it works, I do not know what I am connecting with but I can tell you its as real as the nose on my face, what I am going to write now is the process on how this 'connection works' and I am hoping that members of this site will read what I have written and then empathise with me and discuss their own 'connecton' which in turn will at least ignite that candle of desire in the minds of the sceptics to at least try and see what its all about.

Lay me down in a room, turn the lights off and shut the door, add a little soothing music and I am there. Where am I? I don't know, all I can tell you is that I am in a place that does not exist in the minds of the sceptical minded people. I will explain further.

Ever since mid-late teens I have had this 'ability', not an ability to move solid objects or turn myself invisible not an ability of that of science fiction, but the ability to, what I call 'connect' when it first happened to me I thought it was a normal process and was rather taken back by the overwhelming scepticism from people when I tried to talk about it. You see at that age I was not aware of society like I am now. I used to get frustrated with people who would say its all in the mind, perhaps you need to go and see someone e.t.c.

As I said before, I lay down, turn off the lights and add a bit of music, this could be anything from binaural beats to waves lapping on the shore to thunder rumbling over the rain forest then I relax, I must point out that I have a disease called 'addisons', my entire life has changed because of this, I am not a person that suffers from stress and I find it very easy to relax, I believe this is one of the main fundamental reasons that I am able to 'connect' in a short space of time.

After about 1-2 minutes I see colours blending in the darkess of my eyes followed by Kaleidoscopic lights of stars and flashing imagery, during this time I am fully aware of the physical me, i.e I am me I am sitting or lying on a bed/floor and I am in a room e.t.c.

After about 3-4 minutes I begin to 'connect' I become detached from the physical in my mind, i.e I am no longer aware that I am on the bed, in a room e.t.c. As I connect I start to hear voices, sometimes one or two other times a whole room of people. (For a long time, I am talking years, I was not able to 'zoom in' to hear what exactly these voices were speaking, however, over time I have managed to learn to seperate them and concentrate on them one at a time. The thing is, if I become aware of these voices physically i.e I try to hear using my ears immediately I am thrown out, when I say immediately its like within a split nano second. Its as if the 3D physical me has no right to be there or try to play a part there. It is strange indeed.

Once I zero in on the voices I can normally here a couple of people talking about various bits and pieces, they don't talk like ordinary chatter, its hard to describe, but its as if I hear parts of the sentences. For example, yesterday I heard a women say to another women 'what do they look like?' , 'don't let them take my son' the conversations could be about literally anything. although I have concluded that the majority are something to with death, but not death as in the grim reeper and all that nonsense I am talking about a transition involving, universes,dimensions e.t.c I do not understand it, therefore, its pointless trying to exlplain it but thats the feeling I get when I come back.

Anyway if I go beyond the voices I see what looks like a TV screen its literally a projector in the middle of my mind projecting what looks like a tv feed, it has sound and images, (I don't want to go in to detail about these images just yet as I want to see first of all what reception I get from other members) these images can last for seconds or minutes depending on what is being shown. I have come to understand through personal perception both physcial and being connected, that there are many different 'levels' of this whole connection, its like the deeper you go the more complex and detailed it becomes.

Heres the interesting bit every single time I come out of a really deep connection my entire week changes, again I won't go in to detail just yet, but my own personal understanding of this and the only way I can describe it would be that a part of me has actually re written what I am supposed to do, its as if everytime I connect deeply I am somehow advancing my own development. I have actually no idea what I am developing but the last fifteen years sure have been one hell of a ride.

I wanted to get this out, because I suppose I don't normally try to describe my experiences, as many sites don't actually cover the topic without a great deal of ridicule. It is my opinion, based on my personal experiences with many people, that anyone who is willing to sit and relax and focus without actually focusing can indeed experience this.

I am not sure if I wrote about this on another thread here so my appologies if you have already read this.

A guy who I knew from Tai Chi asked me how I meditate when we were talking about it once, I ended up going round his house one evening and we sat and talked, evern though he practiced Tai Chi he was sceptical about Chi and Psychic abilities e.t.c. Anyway, as we were talking I asked him if he had had any experiences with meditation and was he willing to give it go, he agreed so using simple techniques like, lying still, closing the eyes and counting the breaths and seeing if you can slow down the breath to slow the heartrate until your in a nice relaxed state he managed to 'connect' he freaked out and immediately came back, we talked some more and then tried again. This time he 'connected' for a longer time 1-2 mins before freaking out again and from then on he was like a dog with a bone, always asking questions, and tryng to learn more and more about what he had experienced. The sad part is we actually fell out in the end because he would tell everyone about me and what he had managed to do and see. It was really truely very uncomfortable for me and I left my Tai Chi group.

The first time I connected I too was excited and tried to tell everyone, I felt like I had seen another part of life. I did not realise just how deep it all equated to. I mean if there is one thing I have come to realise its that we are so primative and its as if hu-mans in our form are not permitted to understand. Its complicated! and I am sure over time I will come to realise what its all about but at the moment I am just enjoying life and preparing for things to come. I suppose this is the reason I am writing this, for I myself sould like some answers, never before has the message been so clear, prepare,prepare,prepare. Prepare for what? I don't know. But I am hoping that there are others who will read my ramblings and might be able to offer me some of the missing pieces of the puzzle, the whats,whys, whos, hows. If only we (as in a hu-man species) could empathise with each other in regards to this connection, I am sure then, we would be able to figure it out a hell of alot quicker and easier.

Thanks for reading I feel better now for getting all that out.

Peace

FSF
franspeakfree

Re: Connection - A Personal Experience - Why Cant We All Do

Postby ryguy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Deep trance....I've personally felt the positive physical and mental effects of meditation, but I'm not sure why you seem to ascribe metaphysical properties to it. It's a wonderful feeling and I've heard of people entering the sort of deep trance state that you describe where they're sort of in a controlled dream state, but again - unless there are any verifiable connections/predictions connected to the outside world, I see no reason to connect the mental exercise to the outside world.

Lots of people make that leap and attempt to sell books and self-help CD's or DVD's with those claims and "instructions" - but again, where's the proof there's any connection at all to the outside world?

- http://www.aprilcrawford.com/
- http://www.deeptrancestates.com/
- http://www.thewonders.com/
- http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpent ... rance.html

These websites/people come a dime a dozen.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby m0r1arty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:45 pm

Hey Fran,

I'll start as I always do when I read threads started by you. I am a complete sceptic, whilst I adhere to the conventions of social living, I always have that chip on my shoulder about what is the point of existence and if I even do exist. I have read your posts and reflected that you are altering your stance from someone who would easily take on claims and believe them to someone who is a lot more sceptical about the world and you still have that appreciation of the 'magical' or 'unknown' which I feel is an important element to being a developed character.

In fact I think is why we are all here on these boards.

Now with regards to your 'connection' it is hard to understand it from what you have written. Obviously this is a profound state and you feel the need to profess it and I know people here, myself at included, are very interested in understanding it better.

I think it's important to categories each element of your story into distinct areas (or as distinct as you can) so we can clarify some aspects.

For example entering this state, or trance if you will, - is it easily achieved? If there were car alarms going off outside and motorbikes with holes in their exhaust hurtling by could you still reach it as easily? Can you do it whilst intoxicated, or whilst ill? Explain the process of entering it with things which make it easier and things which make it more problematic (if such things exist).

The non physical visions and audio you are aware of. Do you recognise anything of them? You haven't gone into detail about the projected images but are they of people you know, or events you have experienced or hope/dread to experience? Do you recognise the voices you hear? Are their accents regional? Is there a sensation of balance or momentum experienced? How about smell, taste or pain?

You state after entering these visions that your entire week changes. I take it this is your corporeal week and not one within the trance. Have you ever taken motivation classes or read books on meditation or success? Have you kept company with people who believe in crystals, horoscopes or 'vibrations' (beyond the online community I mean)? Have you tried altering your week without entering a trance to see what occurs and if so what occurred?

Now onto your first experience which you mention near the end. It seems you experienced a praxis, or a moment of clarity, when you first entered this state. And wishing to discuss a new or exciting development in your life is natural behaviour - however you may have been lacking the appropriate experience to convey it properly (you may not have too, perhaps who you were conveying it to couldn't comprehend it). What age were you then and is there anything of your background which would indicate either a firm belief in religion or indeed a family background which did not follow any religion piously (each can be indicators or various individual trends)?

This man from your Tai Chi class; did you have intimate relations with him (if you don't mind answering) and did he have intimate relations with others of his class? Whilst Tai Chi powers over 1 billion Chinese people daily its reputation in some areas of the West are known to attract vulnerable people and those who would exploit them (again, this isn't necessarily the case - I'm just fishing).

Finally; Addison's disease is a lifelong condition once diagnosed. The Tai Chi may have helped with exercise without giving the joints too much pain however the lying down increases you blood pressure which helps feed your brain lots of oxygen. This might help you get a natural high which allows for you to explore thoughts are concepts unavailable to you whilst sitting or standing. The lack of natural steroids in your system with the brilliance of the human mind may mean that you have a personal 'trip' you take which can't be easily, if at all, replicated within the brain of someone without Addison's and your personal life experience.

There, I've tried to bat across the field of mysticism, science and psychology. Hopefully if you answer some of the questions I asked we can maybe learn a little more about your personal situation, perhaps hazard a few more guesses at what your connection is and you might volunteer a little more information if you feel comfortable enough that you want to share it with us.

I'm looking forward to reading your response and please leave out any questions if they are too personal - I had to ask though.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Luck » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:43 am

franspeakfree wrote:Ever since mid-late teens I have had this 'ability', not an ability to move solid objects or turn myself invisible not an ability of that of science fiction, but the ability to, what I call 'connect' when it first happened to me I thought it was a normal process and was rather taken back by the overwhelming scepticism from people when I tried to talk about it. You see at that age I was not aware of society like I am now. I used to get frustrated with people who would say its all in the mind, perhaps you need to go and see someone e.t.c.

Honestly, mankind has been going into altered trance states for thousands of years, if not longer, using drums, chanting, music, mind-altering substances or any combination therein.

franspeakfree wrote:As I said before, I lay down, turn off the lights and add a bit of music, this could be anything from binaural beats to waves lapping on the shore to thunder rumbling over the rain forest then I relax, I must point out that I have a disease called 'addisons', my entire life has changed because of this, I am not a person that suffers from stress and I find it very easy to relax, I believe this is one of the main fundamental reasons that I am able to 'connect' in a short space of time.

I think the literature connecting meditation with healing is pretty comprehensive. It doesn't seem unusual or even a stretch that deep trance states might have a similar effect.

franspeakfree wrote:Anyway if I go beyond the voices I see what looks like a TV screen its literally a projector in the middle of my mind projecting what looks like a tv feed, it has sound and images, (I don't want to go in to detail about these images just yet as I want to see first of all what reception I get from other members) these images can last for seconds or minutes depending on what is being shown. I have come to understand through personal perception both physcial and being connected, that there are many different 'levels' of this whole connection, its like the deeper you go the more complex and detailed it becomes.

Might be a glitch in the brain software ala Julian Jaynes? Please don't assume that I am making light of your experience or am dismissing the genuineness and positivity of your experiences. I just think we need to consider all possibilities and there is a danger of trying to ascribe an external reason or origin for internal phenomenon. For those unfamiliar with Jaynes:
Jaynes asserts that consciousness did not arise far back in human evolution but is a learned process based on metaphorical language. Prior to the development of consciousness, Jaynes argues humans operated under a previous mentality he called the bicameral ('two-chambered') mind. In the place of an internal dialogue, bicameral people experienced auditory hallucinations directing their actions, similar to the command hallucinations experienced by people with schizophrenia today. These hallucinations were interpreted as the voices of chiefs, rulers, or the gods.
http://www.julianjaynes.org/overview.php

franspeakfree wrote:Heres the interesting bit every single time I come out of a really deep connection my entire week changes, again I won't go in to detail just yet, but my own personal understanding of this and the only way I can describe it would be that a part of me has actually re written what I am supposed to do, its as if everytime I connect deeply I am somehow advancing my own development. I have actually no idea what I am developing but the last fifteen years sure have been one hell of a ride.

Wouldn't surprise me, there is probably a reason that trance is a staple in modern-day shamanic practices. As an analogy, think of meditation as a way train the mind. You could be engaging in an alternate way of training your brain.

franspeakfree wrote:I mean if there is one thing I have come to realise its that we are so primative and its as if hu-mans in our form are not permitted to understand. Its complicated!

Buddhists call the untrained brain the monkey mind, but in meditation most new students are encouraged to not chase altered states or unusual sensations as they are considered transient. The true goal of meditation is mindfulness and to chase anything else is only following distraction. It could also be that you and your acquaintance were also engaging in a form of self-hypnosis and his experience was confabulation based on yours.
Again, I am not trying to invalidate your experience. I try to approach things with a balance of receptiveness and skepticism and a mundane origin for your experience does not make it any less valuable. Trying to make it more than it is; this is where the true danger lies.

edit: fixed typos
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby ryguy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Luck wrote:Buddhists call the untrained brain the monkey mind, but in meditation most new students are encouraged to not chase altered states or unusual sensations as they are considered transient. The true goal of meditation is mindfulness and to chase anything else is only following distraction.

Well said.

It could also be that you and your acquaintance were also engaging in a form of self-hypnosis and his experience was confabulation based on yours.
Again, I am not trying to invalidate your experience. I try to approach things with a balance of receptiveness and skepticism and a mundane origin for your experience does not make it any less valuable. Trying to make it more than it is; this is where the true danger lies.

This is a refreshing perspective on meditation, accepting of its value and benefits while remaining cautious of reading too much into "transient" experiences/visions. I see this is a very sane, well-grounded perspective on an experience that is so surreal the first time it's practiced successfully. I think it's human nature to ascribe external stimuli to a whole lot of things we experience internally.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby franspeakfree » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:44 am

ryguy wrote:Deep trance....I've personally felt the positive physical and mental effects of meditation, but I'm not sure why you seem to ascribe metaphysical properties to it.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner I have been away at a conference.

Before I went away I had a quick glance at your reply, I have been thinking about what you wrote, especially the part where you asked me about why I 'ascribe metaphysical properties to it' (quoted above)

First of all I would like to add the definition of metaphysics

Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy concerned with explaining the fundamental nature of being and the world,[1] although the term is not easily defined.[2] Traditionally, metaphysics attempts to answer two basic questions in the broadest possible terms:

1. "What is there?"
2. "What is it like?"[3]

You have said that you have felt the positve and mental effects of meditation, because of this I hoping that you will understand when I talk about labels, the very first thing I began to understand when I first started meditating is that we (hu-mans) feel the need to label everything, whether its for our own understanding or by allowing us to communicate with others. The problem is by labelling everything the whole 'personal experience' from one person communicated to another person can be turned in to something completely different by using labels based on their own beliefs and perception. Therefore, these are the barriers we are confronted with when trying to open up and explain these 'experiences'.

In truth there aren't any words in the dictionary that could come close to fully explaining this, it has to be, quite simply, 'experienced'

After thinking about what you had written I knew exactly how to procede with your post. Instead of assuming that I am basing this on your perception of the metaphysical, it should be perceived as purely 'natural' as in my opinion this state of awareness is completely and utterly 'natural' in every way and if there was one word that I had to use it to 'ascribe' to it it would be that word.

I've heard of people entering the sort of deep trance state that you describe where they're sort of in a controlled dream state, but again - unless there are any verifiable connections/predictions connected to the outside world, I see no reason to connect the mental exercise to the outside world.

I understand exactly what you have written and why you wrote what you did but I believe that you should re read what you have written and look at the definition of the metaphysical below. Is it me ascribing metaphysics and connecting mental excercise to the outside world or is it your own interpretation and perception of the words I have used in order to label and communicate this experience to everyone.

# Metaphysics (philosophy), a branch of philosophy dealing with aspects of existence and the theory of knowledge

franspeakfree

Postby franspeakfree » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:48 am

m0r1arty wrote:For example entering this state, or trance if you will, - is it easily achieved? If there were car alarms going off outside and motorbikes with holes in their exhaust hurtling by could you still reach it as easily?

I have been meditating for a long time and its something that just came 'naturally' to me. I am however, surprised at how many people find it difficult to actually close their eyes and relax for 10 minutes Its always the same responses "I don't have time", "I have a family", "I have to do this, I have to do that". People want a quick fix nowadays, they aren't prepared to work for it, without some kind of physical reward/proof the irony is one cannot begin to see any reward or physical proof without actually 'experiencing it'

In regards to the car alarms and external noise yes I can. When people are distracted by external influences they automatically open their eyes and become frustrated, I know because even though I can do it now does not mean that I never had problems with this. I call this the distraction by 'life' it is to common to be just a 'coincedence' it is my understanding that 'life' tries to stop you from 'connecting' 'meditating ' but this can be overcome. For example, using the sounds as a tool to induce deep meditaton. Once you get to a certain point there are no outside sounds, its only in the first few minutes that we are aware of them. Again, if people reading this have never sat down and closed their eyes and meditated, this will all be foreign to them.

Can you do it whilst intoxicated, or whilst ill? Explain the process of entering it with things which make it easier and things which make it more problematic (if such things exist).

Speaking for myself I am personally not able to attain a deeper connection whilst intoxicated however, I am able to become consciously partially connected whilst drinking 1 or 2 drinks, its really complicated to explain but I will try.

The below is what I like to call levels,however, it is important to note that this whole thing can't be viewed as a competition, just because one is able to reach a level higher at thats time, does not mean that they are better than anyone else, this is the fundamental problem that occurs when starting to 'experience' the ego becomes inflated and instead of actually trying to understand all of this, it becomes something entirely different and it isn't until the ego is shrunk (ie by what I call riding the wave just rolling with it and not trying to get anything from it that makes you feel superior) that one can move on again hard to explain but I guarantee that everyone is effected by the ego, it is something that can engulf you if you arent aware of it. I digress.

---------- ET/Understanding something that does not exist on earth (Impossible to explain, this is my label)
---------- Connect with 'something' that has an enormous amount of power and energy it is impossible to explain
---------- Aware and feel the Universe and Dimension of our being
---------- Aware of something much bigger and see yourself outside of hu-man form
----------Awakening of 'life' somethings not quite right but you cant put your finger on it
----------Switched off no connection to anything apart from everyday life,family, friends

In an intoxicated state (bearing in mind I don't drink much and am only in this position a few times in the year) I am at the bottom, completely switched off (grounded) and not aware of anything other than my surroundings no higher conscious thought nada.

I have been in hospital many times in my life because of my 'addisons' I wish it was as simple as saying yes and no to each answer but its not, its very complicated, there are many levels of illness from a common cold to a stay in hospital. When I am admitted due to my addisions I am most definitely 100% not able to connect or do anything at that time, however, once I have been treated and I am getting better I can connect very easily but its something completely different than what I have explained in my first post. I don't really want to go any further about this because its very complicated and I know it will detract from what you are asking. but if you feel happy with a yes and no answer I will say YES, YES I can reach a higher awareness when I am ill and sometimes, the awareness is amplified to something of 'religious context' although I must point out that I am not religious one IOTA.

The non physical visions and audio you are aware of. Do you recognise anything of them? You haven't gone into detail about the projected images but are they of people you know, or events you have experienced or hope/dread to experience?

Again, the whole images on a screen thing is not something that can be explained in words, it more like it has to be experienced. When I hear 'audio' I am not using my ears, again this is something that is 'experienced'. I know I keep on saying it but it really is complicated, everything that I am doing now i.e thinking consciously then writing e.t.c is happening in a 3rd dimension where we exist, I am trying to use language and understanding based on what we know to be real here on this earth, the words I am using are descriptive words that we again use here on earth, this whole thing can't be contained and summed up in a few words it is impossible to do this as there are so many layers/levels of understanding each little thing, again this will mean nothing to people who haven't experienced these things but what I am writing here is the absolute truth.

Yes I have experienced many things that have ocurred/come in to focus whilst 'connecting' but again thats something that I don't want to go in to detail just yet. I am no prophet and neither do I claim to be. I am not religous and I don't time travel per se before you ask.

I am not looking to big myself up or try to convince you to buy and sell anything I have no agenda other than to write about my experiences and open up to people.

Do you recognise the voices you hear? Are their accents regional? Is there a sensation of balance or momentum experienced? How about smell, taste or pain?

Everything that you have written above pertains to us hu-mans and this earth, it is impossible to answer these questions because your trying to package this up in to a box and put a label on it again there is now way this can be achieved. In a state of awareness there are no accents, there is no taste or smell, (at least not in the 'sense' you are asking) you cannot use your physical sense to do so would draw you straight out. if anyone says that they can use their physical senses in a higher state of awareness they simply are not in the awareness they thought they were.

You state after entering these visions that your entire week changes. I take it this is your corporeal week and not one within the trance. Have you ever taken motivation classes or read books on meditation or success? Have you kept company with people who believe in crystals, horoscopes or 'vibrations' (beyond the online community I mean)? Have you tried altering your week without entering a trance to see what occurs and if so what occurred?

Again I know where your going with this and I want to say forget about the week thing don't get caught up with it its not like you think it is. I am not talking about my week changing because I meditate, its not like I can control my whole life by connecting, its more like if I do meditate then I can empathise with my surroundings.

Now onto your first experience which you mention near the end. It seems you experienced a praxis, or a moment of clarity, when you first entered this state. And wishing to discuss a new or exciting development in your life is natural behaviour - however you may have been lacking the appropriate experience to convey it properly (you may not have too, perhaps who you were conveying it to couldn't comprehend it). What age were you then and is there anything of your background which would indicate either a firm belief in religion or indeed a family background which did not follow any religion piously (each can be indicators or various individual trends)?

I was late teens when I became aware of this and could see that there was more to life, lots of wierd and wonderful things going on at that time. As I said before religion doesn't come into it, after all what is religion?

This man from your Tai Chi class; did you have intimate relations with him (if you don't mind answering) and did he have intimate relations with others of his class? Whilst Tai Chi powers over 1 billion Chinese people daily its reputation in some areas of the West are known to attract vulnerable people and those who would exploit them (again, this isn't necessarily the case - I'm just fishing).

No relationship,just friends. He didn't have any relationship with anyone in the class, he was married with a child.

Finally; Addison's disease is a lifelong condition once diagnosed. The Tai Chi may have helped with exercise without giving the joints too much pain however the lying down increases you blood pressure which helps feed your brain lots of oxygen. This might help you get a natural high which allows for you to explore thoughts are concepts unavailable to you whilst sitting or standing. The lack of natural steroids in your system with the brilliance of the human mind may mean that you have a personal 'trip' you take which can't be easily, if at all, replicated within the brain of someone without Addison's and your personal life experience.

Again I know where your going with this and believe me when I say I have sat down with many many people about this, including my own family, this is not something that only I can do, everyone is able to experience it i.e people who don't have addisons ;) all it takes is the willpower to stop

My parents thought I had joined a cult when I started meditation they were 'concerned' for me, I tried to explain it to them, like I am explaining it to you now, but they didn't understand. It wasn't until a few years later that we all sat down and talked about it again, after going through a few simple steps they too began to 'experience' things both my dad and my mum changed overnight it was great and refreshing to see. I am not a magician, I don't brainwash I simply say it how it is. Believe me when I say that I do not think I am special, I have met many people in my life that understand this much better than I do, in the end we all learn from each other we are all connected, we just don't realise it. Life has been set up in such a way that we are not meant to realise this, as doing so would change many things.

In my life I have talked to many people like yourself M0r believe me when I say this. In fact James, (the tai chi friend) was interllectual like yourself and before his 'experience' he would always use science and logic. However seeing really truely is believing.I gurantee you this, if we ever met in the street you would never know that I was the person who wrote this, there is nothing in my personality or appearance that would give you any inkling whatsoever I am a normal everyday person who has a good job a lovely family and for some reason that I can't explain just got woken up at an early age and was able to see another side of what we call 'life'.
franspeakfree

Postby ryguy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm

franspeakfree wrote:

I've heard of people entering the sort of deep trance state that you describe where they're sort of in a controlled dream state, but again - unless there are any verifiable connections/predictions connected to the outside world, I see no reason to connect the mental exercise to the outside world.

I understand exactly what you have written and why you wrote what you did but I believe that you should re read what you have written and look at the definition of the metaphysical below. Is it me ascribing metaphysics and connecting mental excercise to the outside world or is it your own interpretation and perception of the words I have used in order to label and communicate this experience to everyone.

I apologize for being infuriatingly simple at times when I approach these topics - call me "Columbo" of the paranormal, I guess - but I like to get right down to the very basic, underlying claim behind such experiences. Bottom line, after describing the experiences (quite beautifully, I might add), you finally got down to the meat of the matter:

Heres the interesting bit every single time I come out of a really deep connection my entire week changes, again I won't go in to detail just yet, but my own personal understanding of this and the only way I can describe it would be that a part of me has actually re written what I am supposed to do, its as if everytime I connect deeply I am somehow advancing my own development. I have actually no idea what I am developing but the last fifteen years sure have been one hell of a ride.

This has nothing to do with my "perception". It's very clear that you said every time you come out of one of these trances, your week changes. The week in your OUTSIDE world is changed by your INTERNAL experience. That statement is quite clear, and hardly subject to misinterpretation. Unless of course your saying that your sense of calm and lack of stress changed your behavior - which led to positive things in your life...that would make sense.

Once again, unless there are verifiable, confirmed correlations between the two, I see no reason (at least you've provided no good reasons) for a person to connect those trances with the "real world." Unless, of course, you're willing to go into those details that you decided to leave out.

In your response above, you wrote:

I have been in hospital many times in my life because of my 'addisons' I wish it was as simple as saying yes and no to each answer but its not, its very complicated, there are many levels of illness from a common cold to a stay in hospital. When I am admitted due to my addisions I am most definitely 100% not able to connect or do anything at that time, however, once I have been treated and I am getting better I can connect very easily but its something completely different than what I have explained in my first post. I don't really want to go any further about this because its very complicated and I know it will detract from what you are asking. but if you feel happy with a yes and no answer I will say YES, YES I can reach a higher awareness when I am ill and sometimes, the awareness is amplified to something of 'religious context' although I must point out that I am not religious one IOTA.

Maybe this is a cultural/language thing, but I've never heard of "addisons" - is that another word for psychological/mental issues? Not saying that to be offensive, but I've heard directly from patients that have said they believe their psychic abilities are stronger or weaker depending on treatment or lack thereof.

-Ryan
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby calcoastseeker » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 am

JFK had Addison disease.

They kept it a secret but he was hospitalized for it many times.

They even think Bin Laden, if he is still alive, has Addison.
calcoastseeker

Postby franspeakfree » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:15 pm

ryguy wrote:I apologize for being infuriatingly simple at times when I approach these topics - call me "Columbo" of the paranormal, I guess - but I like to get right down to the very basic, underlying claim behind such experiences. Bottom line, after describing the experiences (quite beautifully, I might add), you finally got down to the meat of the matter:

It is not a problem for me, I understand where you want to go and why, like I have said before I have met many people in my life and they all want the answers, if it was that simple I would not be talking to you here on this site.

This has nothing to do with my "perception". It's very clear that you said every time you come out of one of these trances, your week changes. The week in your OUTSIDE world is changed by your INTERNAL experience. That statement is quite clear, and hardly subject to misinterpretation.

No, you are quite right, my outside world changes by my 'connection' and the level of 'connection' as outlined in the above posts. I can see that this is going to get a little complicated so I am going to break it down for you. You mentioned before either on this thread or another something similar that if I saw something before it happens, now that would be an area of interest to you. Well let me explain.

If I connect deeply and I remain in this kind of altered awareness I can see things before they happen, but its not what you think, for example as I said before I am not a prophet, these things are subtle things. I will give you an example. I could be typing on the computer, or be at work or driving the car e.t.c and all of a sudden I will think of a person that I haven't seen for a long time. say for instance a university friend or a work colleague once it flashes up in my mind I know that I am going to see that person within the next few days. I call this 'lifes way' I have this down to a fine art now and everytime it happens I write it down on a piece of paper, the time and the person. When that person shows up I say 'I have been expecting you' and show them the paper, it usually freaks them out at first and then afterwards, like you, they becoming intrigued by this and want to know more.

As I said previously this is not supernatural powers or anything that equates to televsion sci fi this is 'natural' at least to me anyway, I believe anyone can do this if they were to relax and simply 'experience'

Maybe this is a cultural/language thing, but I've never heard of "addisons" - is that another word for psychological/mental issues? Not saying that to be offensive, but I've heard directly from patients that have said they believe their psychic abilities are stronger or weaker depending on treatment or lack thereof.

-Ryan

No no, addisons is not a psychological/mental issue but believe me, if it wasn't for other people that I could turn to in order to try and understand what it was all about, I believe that in the early stages of all of this I could very well have gone that way. No, addisons is a lack of adrenalin due to problematic adrenal glands. It basically makes you chilled out and relaxed 99% of the time. Basically its impossible to get really stressed as when you get stressed you burn up more steroids which in turn makes you tired and relaxed.
Last edited by franspeakfree on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
franspeakfree

Postby franspeakfree » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:18 pm

calcoastseeker wrote:JFK had Addison disease.

They even think Bin Laden, if he is still alive, has Addison.

If I had a coin everyone time someone says this after I tell them I have addisons I would be a rich man. You are absolutely right =D>
franspeakfree

Postby FulgurTempest » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Fran this sounds amazing. I would love to be able to try this sometime, but everytime I so much as attempt to meditate something interferes, I am literally unable to have this sort of quiet time. Even at night.. if I attempt to meditate instead of sleep I get jolted back because my husband laying next to me is extremely restless at night and is constantly fidgeting and kicking etc. I can block out most of it but when he actually touches me it pulls me out of anything I had gone into. It is very frustrating. :cry:
The fact that you are able to do this is a gift. I truly hope you appreciate it for what it is and try to learn more about the nature of the experience as time goes by. Please share any observations you might find.
~The artist formerly known as Nephratari~
FulgurTempest

Postby Tim Hebert » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:04 pm

calcoastseeker wrote:JFK had Addison disease.

Sorry for crashing the party, yes, JFK had Addison's. If you read the Warren Report, JFK's presidential physcian, an admiral, whose name escapes me at this time, demanded that the physcians treating JFK in the ER immediately administer IV cortical steroids. Obviously a futile, but medically correct, procedure. Also kept secret was the amount of pain medications that he was taking for back pain going back to the PT-109 incident.

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby franspeakfree » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:49 am

FulgurTempest wrote:Fran this sounds amazing. I would love to be able to try this sometime, but everytime I so much as attempt to meditate something interferes, I am literally unable to have this sort of quiet time. Even at night.. if I attempt to meditate instead of sleep I get jolted back because my husband laying next to me is extremely restless at night and is constantly fidgeting and kicking etc. I can block out most of it but when he actually touches me it pulls me out of anything I had gone into. It is very frustrating. :cry:

Fulgur Tempest, I am not sure if I have written this before on this thread I apologise if I have. It is important to note that whenever one tries to sit and relax (in this way i.e meditate) there will always be a distraction for example, the phone will ring, someone will come to the door, there will be a noisy car or people shouting. This is entirely normal in my honest opinion and can be overcome by switching off the phone,tv,radio, closing the windows, and shutting the door. At the end of the day meditation is a form or relaxing, the 'connection' part is something not entirely different but what I class as an extension to the meditation process.

It is vitally important that when you start relaxing and meditating you do it on your own there are many reasons for this, not just so you don't get disturbed but more complex reasons involving how your mind and body react in the environment you create. I expect you have heard about energies and how many new age people seem to go on and on about white light e.t.c, well seeing is believing, once you get in to the whole understanding how the body and mind operates you will know exactly what I am talking about, again it is vital to do this on your own when first starting out.

The fact that you are able to do this is a gift. I truly hope you appreciate it for what it is and try to learn more about the nature of the experience as time goes by. Please share any observations you might find.

I think to label it as a gift gives the wrong impression it has been part of me for many years and anyone can see for themselves I truely believe that. I have shown this to many people in my life and its the same old process over and over again when people start. first its scepticism then its intrigument, then its experimenting, then its understanding, then its exploring lastly apologising & empathising its simply what I believe is the real hu-man nature.

The more you look in to our day to day living the more sinister it looks, its as though everything on this planet is set up in a way to distract us from even attempting to explore the possibilities.

I won't fill the thread up to much now but If you need any advice as to how one starts out on their own feel free to ask.
franspeakfree

Postby Luck » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:51 pm

franspeakfree wrote:If I connect deeply and I remain in this kind of altered awareness I can see things before they happen, but its not what you think, for example as I said before I am not a prophet, these things are subtle things. I will give you an example. I could be typing on the computer, or be at work or driving the car e.t.c and all of a sudden I will think of a person that I haven't seen for a long time. say for instance a university friend or a work colleague once it flashes up in my mind I know that I am going to see that person within the next few days. I call this 'lifes way' I have this down to a fine art now and everytime it happens I write it down on a piece of paper, the time and the person. When that person shows up I say 'I have been expecting you' and show them the paper, it usually freaks them out at first and then afterwards, like you, they becoming intrigued by this and want to know more.

Is your "hit rate" 100%, then? I mean, every time you write a name down do you end up running into that person, or do you have some instances where a name was written down but you did not run into to the person after all?
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Next

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal