Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:01 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:personally i think the flash making the lights brighter is the killer of videos 1 and 2.

Me too.

Now if someone could just dissect it properly (like we used to in the old days) then that would be laid to rest in my opinion and by default all other claims made afterwards.

I know a little about a lot but sadly camera visuals aren't something I'm particularly knowledgeable about (Hence why we need that educational section opened here for me to learn from).

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:20 pm

someone posted this on the ats thread, i felt it deserved to be put here as i found it rather funny.

warning: explicit language

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=hs4t- ... dded#at=59

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:37 pm

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:someone posted this on the ats thread, i felt it deserved to be put here as i found it rather funny.

warning: explicit language

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=hs4t- ... dded#at=59

thanks

rich

Thanks for making my morning just a bit more amusing. That was funny.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cripmeister » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:57 pm

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:hi m0r.

personally i think the flash making the lights brighter is the killer of videos 1 and 2.

thanks

rich

Exactly! Look at this, when the lightning is a full intensity at 0:05 the lights on the ground appear dimmer.

I call your flying saucer and raise you one unicorn!
cripmeister

Postby DoomsdayRex » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:31 pm

m0r1arty wrote:Now if someone could just dissect it properly (like we used to in the old days) then that would be laid to rest in my opinion and by default all other claims made afterwards.

So you'd think...

This comment from ATS is hilarious...
That doesnt prove the footage is fake, ie the UFO was never there
The ship in the movie Titanic was CGI too, that doesnt prove that the Titanic never sailed and hit an iceberg

So, just because the video may be shown to be a hoax, it doesn't mean a UFO wasn't seen...what utter pap.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:45 pm

@ Rex.

hahaha, same old rubbish excuses from them, but this one i just found on ats is another of their get out clauses...

reply posted on 4-2-2011 @ 11:04 AM by mthgs602
Frankly the fact of the matter is that we are simply dealing with technology that bewilders us. The only tools we have for debunking are not made to give a proper assesment due to the fact that we are dealing with something not of this society. Yes it glows white hot giving off an intense light. Do we know the way that light is going to affect a camera and its field of view? Of course not! You can't Just go and say "well I know its fake because the way the light is/isn't being captured" or "camera phones have slow frame rates so there is no way it would have captured movement at that speed". None of that is applicable due to the fact that we do not know how this tech affects our everyday tech. Have to start thinking away from the norm because frankly, this is NOT normal. And that's my two cents

a case of lets constantly move the goalposts....

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:49 pm

@ Rex

this has to be my favourite believer get out clause of all time:

the following wikipaedia paragraph was posted by serial lunatic Xploder on a few ufo video threads, although im quite sure he didn't understood it himself.

Coincident From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Coincident is a geometric term that pertains to the relationship between two vectors. Vectors consist of a "magnitude" and a "direction". Vectors can be said to be coincident when their direction is the same though the magnitude may be different; that is to say, they lie one on top of the other. If two coincident vectors were to be normalized (shortened or lengthened to be one unit long), the resulting vectors would be identical. The dot product of two coincident vectors is the product of their magnitudes. The cross product of two coincident vectors is a vector of all zeros. Source en.wikipedia.org...

he used that as an argument for when videos had been debunked as mundane objects, he said that even though the object may be a mundane object, coincident makes it possible that a ufo was behind said object and therefore wasn't filmed!. i think he really convinced himself of it and tried to validate almost every video with it for days!.

he also used it for arguments about a whole host of things but failed quite miserably...

stupidity knows no boundaries !.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:12 am

“Stray Cat” at JREF has posted a video that points out an apparent problem with the bright flash in the 4th video and also questions the interlace “debunk” posted at ATS…

Haven’t had time to look at m0r’s audio file yet or the flash issue with the 1st video yet but I will probably have some questions when I do. (e.g. are we sure the light that dimmed wasn’t varying anyway?)

Seems most are focusing on the 4th video which could be a spoof of the 1st and 2nd so it would be nice to have a conclusive falsification of the originals… other than the logical arguments against authenticity that have already been outlined here that is.

PS: Squid Fishing Monthly rocks! 8)
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix typo
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:21 am

iHi Tom.

there's some pretty damning evidence been uncovered on the reopened ats thread for all the videos.

im satisfied that its busted but they're still clinging on as though their life depends on it.

ithanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:there's some pretty damning evidence been uncovered on the reopened ats thread for all the videos.

Not if Mr Mask’s latest post is any indication… :)

P.S. Check your inbox m0r.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby the|exx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:16 pm

... and into the HOAX bin it goes again. I'm not quite sure what this exercise achieved.

|exx :?
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:56 pm

the|exx wrote:... and into the HOAX bin it goes again. I'm not quite sure what this exercise achieved.

|exx :?

it achieved keeping it front page while the story was hot in the news, as we all know people soon lose interest when it hits the hoax bin.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Yes it does indeed keep it where they need it in order to maximize it's ability to drive clicks. Although, I would find it hard to believe that place is managed well enough for someone to constantly be manipulating what comes up on the front page in order to do so. Really, if it's on line and being talked about it will end up there. But, these videos broke the mold for me regarding that manner of thinking i'll give you that one for sure.

Ignoring the videos themselves and focusing on the circus around them has proven to be pretty amusing.
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Good to see 'ya ITF...

If the purpose was to give skepticism a bad name, I’m afraid it was successful.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby cripmeister » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:01 pm

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:Ignoring the videos themselves and focusing on the circus around them has proven to be pretty amusing.

David Biedny's response to the videos surprised me somewhat, I used to think he was quite a level headed guy :?
I call your flying saucer and raise you one unicorn!
cripmeister

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs