The Troyan UFO Phenomenon

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: The Troyan UFO Phenomenon

Postby cripmeister » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Thank you for sharing this interesting sighting, the presentation is top notch =D> Have you heard about the Hessdalen lights? What you describe sounds very similar to what people have been witnessing in Hessdalen Norway for at least 20 years. Check out http://www.hessdalen.org/ if you're interested, they have very good photos and videos of the phenomena.
I call your flying saucer and raise you one unicorn!
cripmeister

Postby Access Denied » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:22 pm

ch1n1t0 wrote:All of them were behaving as nothing known to or being produced by man.

Hi Martin, thank you for taking the time to share your sighting with us. You’ve clearly become very passionate about what was obviously a profound experience for you and you’ve done a good job of trying to document it.

That said, I have to wonder why you didn’t try to take a pic of the second “triangular” object, especially since it apparently was close enough for you to be able to describe it in such detail? I’m also concerned that you say it took you some 2 months to decide to record your memory of the event in writing. That’s more than enough time for confabulations to creep in without you even realizing it.

In general, I would be careful about reading too much into your interpretation of what you saw like shape and movement. For example, you mention staring at one light for 30 seconds before it resolved into a “disc” shape. Given it was dark and the object was some considerable distance away, it seems likely your brain simply “filled in the blanks”. This is a natural part of our defense system and I’ve experienced it many times myself. The feeling of fear you expressed strongly suggests this was likely a contributing factor.

I agree with Ryan, the first thing you should look into is possible military exercises. A lot of what you describe makes me think helicopters and possibly UAVs combined with some kind of activity that produced confusing light effects. Have you tried calling the various bases to inquire about the specific times and nights in question to see if they were doing anything in the area? OPSEC considerations may very well preclude confirmation but enough time may have passed now such that the PAO might be able to tell you something.

Even if you can’t get confirmation, given this appears to be a recurring “phenomenon” in the area, I don’t see how military activity can be ruled out without better data. The apparent absence of any intercepts strongly suggests the activity was not unexpected or considered a threat.

Anyway, hopes that helps. I agree with LHC, I think it’s safe to say you need not be worried about an alien invasion at this time… :)

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ch1n1t0 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:16 am

Gosh, I've been writing a reply to your post AD for about an hour, and got logged out in the end and now it's lost and I'm so sad :cry:

So, once again:

In regards to the issues you pointed out I will answer them one by one

- diskshaped object - the first time we saw the object was after a good amount of observing the objects in the distance (above Troyan and the villages). While watching those, we were facing North, directly towards the area where Troyan and the villages around it were scattered, so you could definately say there is light pollution in that direction. Due to it, when we decided to face East for the first time, and we suddenly saw the light just above the hill, our eyes were still getting used to the lack of light in that direction. That's why it took about 30 seconds for us to manage to depict the dim red light that seemed to look like a full circle that was rotating non-stop according to the white light in the center. The body itself, became visible 40 or so seconds after we saw the red lights, we didn't see it as clearly as the triangular one, but we could well tell the outline of the body from it being a slightly darker shade of black from the nightsky behind it. I'm very aware of how the mind works, as this is an area that has been fascinating me since I was a kid, I've read a lot of books and articles about how it misinterprets information, and am willing to give room to the possibility that we've misinterpreted what we saw in the darkness. However, I think as I explained the reasons for its appearing in stages before our eyes, and after it became visible to the most, I can hardly say that my brain has misinterpreted what my eyes saw, as they did see it clear enough to reach the conclusion it was a black disk shaped with a white light in its center and a red set of dim lights on the edge of the body. And also, I can say it was one quite large craft, I can tell size because I know the distance between us and the craft, and taking that in consideration along with the distance between the center white light and outter ring of red pulsating lights, I dare say it was somewhere around 30 meters in diameter and the way it was rotating slowly just a couple of meters above the top of the hill, blew me away.

- triangular object - after a few hours of trying to take photos of the objects in the distance and not managing to do anything that could be considered a success, we just gave up and thought that it's much smarter to observe these guys and try to see all of the details, and remember them as best as we could. The reason for this to be a tiring process, was that my friend was short of memory on his phone, and after trying to take a photo, and it coming black, we deleted it, and tried to take another, and so on and so on. All in all, we were missing the sighting and just decided to leave that as we realised we weren't equipped for documenting our experience. Also, when the triangular craft first appeared, it was a pale red dot that was copying the movements of the diskshaped object below, it maintained that way for about ten minutes, we never knew or expected that it will decide to leave the area with getting to a lower altitude and passing between us and the lights from the populated areas making it the clearest object we managed to see. We were more like stunned with scare when it passed in front of us, we couldn't believe we were seeing all of the details I explained in my report, seeing this triangle and the way it moved was the most amazing part of the whole experience in visual aspect.

- regarding the point you raised about these being military - well, when I originally wrote the report (and I haven't changed it since) I was a bit more naive, I was more willing to jump on the ET believer wagon. Now, that I've dug up quite more information and that I got into all of these conspiracy theories, black projects, etc (in short, I've gotten tons smarter since few months ago), I just don't know what we saw. But I know what we didn't see - conventional crafts and choppers. Probably due to language barrier obviously I didn't manage to stress enough on a few important things - first, the lights that were on our altitude and that were manouvering.. just for a comparison, I've went through a number of videos of air shows after our sighting. Well, yeah, they do catch the eye, but in comparison to the manouvers we observed... They were light years behind the cabalities of the objects we observed. My not so perfect English and specifically the lack of knowledge in words used for description of types of flying and manouvers, probably prevents me from explaining clear enough why I know this is advanced technology. In short, I am stating that the lights on our altitude flew in ways no conventional, or even military craft, that we know of are capable of doing (apart from black projects, of course).

Also, I obviously haven't stressed on this in my initial report - the rotation of the triangle according to its center happened suddenly - it was so quick that it was almost impossible to actually track the rotation with our eyes, it was like this /\ at one moment, and the very next moment it was already turned sideways. I'm not saying that there was no movement, but am saying that it was so amazingly sudden and quick that it made me swallow my dictionary the first time we saw it rotate. Also, there was absolutely no fluctuations in its position after a rotation has occured - absolutely no trembling or uncertainty, from one position, to another. And we could observe at least 6-7 rotations before it got very far away to tell its shape anymore. Also, the fact that it was flying in a manner that is against all logic doesn't ring an alarm for you guys? This is in regards to it's vertical position and the fact air resistance wasn't a factor for it's flying, just to clarify.

In addition to the arguements behind my belief we saw non-conventional advanced technology - take a look at my description from the report regarding the object that we managed to take photos of. That also points to the validity of my claims that we saw something far more advanced than our usual military crafts.

The last argument that I have about the lack of any choppers or conventionally driven aircrafts that night was the fact there was NO sound at all, throughout the whole night. Besides the mountain echoing with dog barking from all sides.

- regarding the fact memories can change with time - I know about this (as I said, I have been keeping myself informed about the ways the brain works for quite some time), however, I have to outline this - between the time of me writing down our experience and the time it happened, I happened to have told this story prolly more than 30 times to the very last detail of it. I have never changed the story a bit, and because of that, I know every single detail by heart, and it's all due to the following - when we decided to forget about trying to take photos of the objects, we decided it is very important to observe really carefully all that was happening and remember each and every detail in its best. So, that was my mission all along that night - watching closely, trying not to miss even the slightest happening in the skies, and of course, remembering everything as if my life would count on these memories in future. Throughout the night we continously corroborated with my friend, regarding what we were seeing, doublechecking every interesting thing (and all we were seeing was interesting). I have to say with all certainty, everything that you have read in the report has happened the way it was described. Prolly, I will rewrite it soon, to make it much clearer and easier to read and digest, but def not right now :)

Thank you very much for raising those points in your post, AD, you helped me with shedding light on some aspects that I haven't covered in the information I presented up till now, also thanks for taking the time to go through all of the info presented, I hope your eyes don't hurt a lot :D . All in all, we failed in bringing back proof to back up our claims because we weren't equipped to gather such, but at least we brought back well-structured information and detailed observations. And hopefully, with everything pointing towards the repetitive nature of this phenomenon, it is completely in the realm of possibilities that we manage to bump into those guys again, this time completely armed for bringing back evidence to discussion.

Now, I have to say I don't have anything pointing towards a certain answer regarding the origin of the "operators" of those crafts, but still, I think what we observed was not a test. A very simple reason - if the military were conducting tests, would they make such incredible and obviously dangerous manouvers above populated areas? I remind you that we're talking about the military here, and if they were testing the capabilities of some new experimental crafts in a certain environment or some military excersises, they wouldn't be doing that above populated areas such as Troyan and the many villages scattered around. And let me remind you that the manouvers we saw I compare to airshows (and still find them incomparable), so yes, one could say that those were some nasty mindblowing dangerous manouvers. And the military usually like to keep the risks to the lowest, especially about something secret. Heck, the last object was hovering meters above a building in the forests nearby, although compared to the manouvers, that was nothing. So, in my opinion what we observed was not a test, whoever those were, I think they appear in that area repeatidly because there is something of value to them and are either looking for it, or already found it. Now, who these are, and what is this thing of value, I have absolutely no idea and don't dare to speculate. So, I'd be happy to discuss this matter as well - about whether what we saw was a test, or was activity with a certain goal (that is, in case we hypothetically take the more likely possibility for a fact - that these were military crafts).

Thanks again for bringing other aspects to the discussion, I'll be happy to see your further thoughts about this AD :)

Regards,

Martin

p.s. I think I'll need to rent another life to get indepth with all of the information presented on this site! You guys have done an amazing job and I bow to you in awe! Now back to getting myself updated with the world of UFOlogy (Rich, thanks for the link to "Billion $ Secret", I enjoyed that one very much!)
ch1n1t0

Postby ch1n1t0 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:35 am

Hey Crip,

Thank you for the interesting link you provided me with, I have never heard about this phenomenon in Norway and it seems interesting. I haven't had the chance to look through all of the information presented there, so I'm curious if you could fill me in, has anyone ever managed to see any of these lights from closeby? And seeing that something close to what I consider is happening in the Troyan region, definately relieves me a bit. I am really on the edge of sanity lol, that's because of the overload of information that I've stumbed upon just recently :) Also, thanks for the nice words, however, I have to disagree about my presentation being a bit flawless, I think that after I come back with updates from the area in a few days, Ry will have to do some serious corrections on my dull use of English :P

Regards,

Martin

p.s. Important - I never had the chance to tell you over at ATS, but your avatar is simply numero uno! My ultra favorite :)
ch1n1t0

Postby ryguy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:29 pm

ch1n1t0 wrote:Now, I have to say I don't have anything pointing towards a certain answer regarding the origin of the "operators" of those crafts, but still, I think what we observed was not a test. A very simple reason - if the military were conducting tests, would they make such incredible and obviously dangerous manouvers above populated areas? I remind you that we're talking about the military here, and if they were testing the capabilities of some new experimental crafts in a certain environment or some military excersises, they wouldn't be doing that above populated areas such as Troyan and the many villages scattered around.

Actually, there are a few reasons that they would not worry about testing night-time maneuvers over populated areas. The first is that the military (at least the US military) has learned through experience that whenever a civilian population experiences a sighting that is particularly hard to understand or comprehend (such as strangely lit objects doing mind-blowing maneuvers in the sky), both the population and the media takes the "Alien Craft/UFO" angle, which completely discredits the witnesses and drives most truly scientific researchers away from the case. "Hidden in plain sight" as they say. They also may not really care whether they spark a local UFO frenzy in Bulgaria, because again history has shown that UFO frenzies are very good at covering up the truth...it's the nature of Ufology and Ufologists.

You, however, have a unique perspective, because you're going in with a scientific mind, open to all possibilities. So, I hope you keep open the possibility in your mind of what AD has said and fully pursue every avenue to explore military exercises taking place in the area. Current laser weaponry and UAV technologies are being pursued by the military at the moment, so it's very important to try and get that possibility off the table through solid research.

Also, when you do go to the area, do you happen to have access to a night-vision/infrared camera? The problem with so many of these sightings is that they take place at night, but even a low-flying stealth aircraft painted black can't escape the ability of an infrared camera to capture it - as you can see here:

http://www.aviationspectator.com/files/ ... er-171.jpg

I suspect you'd gain a particular handle on the reality of these objects if you can somehow bring along the right equipment...hope you have some friends in the area that may be able to help out?

I'm really looking forward to what you learn. :-)

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cripmeister » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:46 pm

ch1n1t0,

Here's a close-up observation made in 2005.

Date: 12.08.2005 Time: 01:45 A.M. Place: Riasten, 20 km north east of Ålen
Observer: Bjørn Holden

Bjørn Holden was at his mountain cottage at Riasten, which is located close to the road between Ålen and Tydal. He was asleep when his dog woke him up at 01:45 A.M. The dog was very restless, which is unusual. Bjørn went up and saw a strong ball of light just above the ground, close to the road, just behind a high power cable, towards west. The light was moving towards east, towards him. It had a shape of an egg, and the color was yellow and white, with a green light at the shape. The intensity was very strong, and it was big. Bjørn estimate the size as the size of his cowhouse, which is 15 x 7 meters. The ground beneath it was illuminated. It seemed as the lightrays were mainly directed downwards. The light moved across the house Bjørn was inside. Suddenly he saw an area on the roof, inside, which is illuminating (!). It looks as if the light is coming through the roof, as a ray, 1 m in diameter, pointing downwards. This light from the roof is strong enough to illuminate the room. Bjørn think this was the strangest thing about the whole happening. How can the light go throught the turfed roof ? The lightphenomenon turned towards south, moved to mount Gjervolla. There is turn around and move towards north, on the eastern side of Bjørn and his mountain cottage. The light moved behind the hill Liavollen, which is closest to the mountain cottage, and in front of the hill Melevolden which is behind. The light moved slowly upwards and speeded up. It disappeared behind the mountains in north west. Total observation time was 10 minutes.

Ref. Bjarne Lillevold.

Source
I call your flying saucer and raise you one unicorn!
cripmeister

Postby Buckwild » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi all,

I did a quick check on Bulgarian made UAVs and here is a list :

RUM-1, target (1967)
RUM-2, target (1967)
RUM-2M, target (1969)
RUM-2MB, target (1971)
[M-200], target (1971)
UtRUM, targer (1974)
P-200, target (1975)
Yastreb-1, target (1978)
Yastreb-2, target (1981)
Yastreb-3,target (1982)
NITI (2006)

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_un ... l_vehicles

This is just an appetizer, I'll look deeper into Bulgarian's UAVs and post any new information since Wiki is not the best source to get the latest and most accurate information.

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ch1n1t0 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks for the list Buck, this is a good idea for a direction for research, I will also see what I can find on these, and more.

Btw, you listening to Amon Tobin??? I'm sure we'll get along lol :) I might hand over a link or two of my music, so you would give them an ear, he is my main influence hehe. And just in case, this is not a viral marketing campaign lol :D

Ry, I'll be able to go to Beklemeto whenever Spring comes, for now I'll only be able to get to the villages and the town of Troyan to gather info from witnesses and probably footage from sightings that have occured previously. So, for the camping trips I'm planning for springtime, I'll def make sure I have all the proper equipment to be able to react accordingly in case we have the luck to see them again. And btw, thanks for the compliment, I admit that I prefer logic and rational thinking, dissecting every aspect of everything, and that's the reason I've taken all the points that AD mentioned in his post in full consideration.

Crip, thanks for this interesting report, I will take some time in a day or two and study this phenomenon wherever there's information about it on the net(besides the website, which also seems quite full of such).

Btw, I think you all are very helpful and I sincerely thank you for that :)

Regards,

Martin
ch1n1t0

Postby Buckwild » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi there,

Off topic :

I know (not personnaly) Amon Tobin (dj) since a few years now but I posted Esther's music video because of Valentine's day and also because I love the artwork & special effects. The first time I watched it, I thought Chris Cunningham (Aphex Twin's buddy) was behind the making of the video but I guess I was wrong. You'll understand why by watching this one by Autechre : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgNwfMoyNs0

Same style, sound & images synchronicity and robotics. Love it ! I want that robot in my living room :wink:

---------------------------------

Now, I did further research regarding Bulgarian made UAVs and the wiki article seems to be accurate & updated, as far as non-classified UAVs :

http://aerospaceblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/uav-list/
http://www.allinflight.com/aerei/aer_IN ... _moUAV.htm
http://www.uvs-international.org/uvs-in ... ystems.pdf
http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies ... t_2_en.pdf

All (besides NITI) Bulgarian UAVs are in fact targets and not recon UAVs. Their last baby that came out is a new class of UAV all to itself :

NITI (Bulgarian: НИТИ) is a very light-weight, stealthy remote-controlled Bulgarian unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). It has been designed and constructed in 2006 by Armstechno Co. Orders from the Bulgarian Army are expected. Other militaries have shown interest in the UAV, as it is light, easy to repair and maintain, yet has a range and service ceiling similar or bigger to other much more advanced and expensive systems of the same type. It mounts a color surveillance camera, a thermal vision camera, and has an option for adding chemical and radioactive contamination dosimeters. Its main tasks are air surveillance of contaminated areas, regions with possible terrorist group activity, artillery correction or observation of natural disaster-stricken areas. NITI has a max. fuel capacity of 38 l. It also has a programmable autopilot system and GPS system. A handful of NITI aircraft have been exported to Turkey and Indonesia.

General characteristics

Crew: 0
Length: 3.0 m (9,8 ft)
Wingspan: 5.38 m (17,58 ft)
Height: 0.55 m (21.65 in)
Wing area: 2.35 m² ()
Max takeoff weight: 60 kg (27.22 lbs)
Powerplant: 1× 106iB2 Two-cylinder engine, 10,7 hp (8 kW)

Performance
Maximum speed: +120 km/h
Cruise speed: 90-110 km/h
Range: 500 km ()
Service ceiling: 5,000 m ()

Pictures :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a8/NITI.jpg
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/581/dsc02311lp9.jpg

Now, got to remember that this UAV does not have VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing) capabilities and flies like a regular aircraft and is subject to stallings. It probably has the the same exterior lighting & transponder requirements as manned aircraft when it is flying where they may be some air traffic. I did not locate the lighting system, so I cannot tell you if it could or could not look like a "triangle" at night.

Regarding your testimony, I only have one question for now :

As it passed, we could very well see that it was a flat triangular shape, with a bright white light at its center, and three red lights in the angles.

Weird (unconventional) lighting system if you ask me but maybe your memory faded. How can you be so sure that it was a flat triangular shape ? Did it block the stars, could you see its surface, did the lights reflect on its surface ? Please be very accurate if you can.

I do presume that if this was a military exercise implying UAVs, some chase aircraft or helicopters were also involved. Do you remember seeing any additional air traffic within the area ? To be honest, I think that your testimony needs to be uncluttered but since I am not an (UFO) investigator, I don't really know where to start and how not to pollute it and/or interfere with it in a bad way.

I still think that UAVs are a possibility but that helicopters should not be discarded.

Thx.

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ch1n1t0 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Hey Buck,

Regarding that part of my testimony I will explain in detail - it passed low, lower than the horizon from our POV. It didn't have stars and sky as a background. Although it wasn't DIRECTLY between us and the town and villages, it passed a couple of santimeters above them (that's according to our point of view, not real distance, the populated areas are around 10 kms away from us). Because of this, we were able to observe the craft in such perfect detail - the light polluted air and area that was as a background for the craft from our POV, enabled us to see the craft's shape as clearly as we would've seen it in daylight, however, since the lights are distant, the object, however, wasn't lit by any light source (remember, it was New Moon, and the perfectly visible Milky Way didn't do any good for making it easier for us to observe the objects), so apart from perfectly distinguishable shape, the rotations that I previously explained, and the position of the lights on the craft itself, we couldn't make out anything like markings on the surface, registration numbers, or any of that sort.

All in all, imagine it as a black, perfect triangular shape passing in front of a light poluted area in the distance, you could say we saw this in the best possible way the circumstances could enable us. And let me stress this again as I don't see people tackling that little but important, imo, detail - the triangle was VERTICALLY (perfectly perpendicular to the horizon, not inclined neither to the front, nor back) positioned according to the ground, while flying in a horizontal direction.. From the very limited knowledge I have on aerodynamics and physics, this is completely illogical! At least, from what we know in the books, that is the wrongest ever way to fly a craft, because of the air resistance that would get in the way of the object. I've seen some cool mannouvers from stealth crafts, if I remember correctly, they had a way of moving vertically (although not perpendicular to the horizon) but only for a very limited amount of time. The triangle that we saw, flew like this for kilometers until it got out of view completely towards West.

Regarding the UAVs, I'll be meeting with the military person I mentioned about in two days time and will do my best to update the list you originally provided from Wiki with interesting input. After that, I'll be leaving to the Troyan area so we could move on with the investigation and gather other eyewitness testimony of the phenomenon and hopefully footage.

Buck, you and everyone here react in a very proper way towards the information and the case, you are all giving my ideas and directions for my further research into this, you all are pushing this forward, so thank you! I just don't understand your concerns about you not helping or being in the way :)

I'll have to admit that I don't like just one thing - when you guys question about the probability of my memories fading away from that moment till today :oops: . Although I have to admit that I have terrible short-term memory - I sometimes don't know which day it is today, or what I've done the day before. But in regards to long term memory, I'm quite like a decent HDD. I have memories from when I was two-three years old (although not very clear, it's still a very good indication for my memory capabilities). So, on one hand you are dealing with a guy with good, if not perfect long-term memory, and on the other - the particular experience we're discussing here, as I said a couple of times in previous posts, is one that I made myself remember to the very last detail, simply because of not having a proper way of documenting and recording it, I decided my eyes and memory will serve good enough for that cause. Now, the fact I don't like this, doesn't mean I am against it, actually quite the opposite - simply because I completely understand the stance you guys take (as it would be one I would be taking myself if I wasn't on the witness side) and I do understand the need for these questions. Hopefully, with the answers I provide, I'll get to a "credible" status little by little. So no worries about it, but I'm a sincere guy, and wanted to speak my mind about this :)

OFFTOPIC: I do know both Autechre and Chris Cunningham and my English dictionary isn't good enough to find a proper adjective for them. If there are indeed aliens visiting Earth, I won't be surprised if those turn out to be one of them lol :D . Amon, however, is a whole different topic... One of my dreams in life was to get on one stage with him, and I have to say I'm a very happy person.. (note the past tense :) :) :) )

Regards,

Martin
ch1n1t0

Postby Buckwild » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:30 am

Hi Martin,

Well, from what you told us :

Martin : the light polluted air and area that was as a background for the craft from our POV, enabled us to see the craft's shape as clearly as we would've seen it in daylight, however, since the lights are distant, the object, however, wasn't lit by any light source (remember, it was New Moon, and the perfectly visible Milky Way didn't do any good for making it easier for us to observe the objects), so apart from perfectly distinguishable shape, the rotations that I previously explained, and the position of the lights on the craft itself, we couldn't make out anything like markings on the surface, registration numbers, or any of that sort.

You could distinguish the outlines of the object but you cannot say that it was a flat triangular shape, since you could not see any details on the surface and you never mentionned that the object was facing you. Correct me if I am wrong.

Martin : And let me stress this again as I don't see people tackling that little but important, imo, detail - the triangle was VERTICALLY (perfectly perpendicular to the horizon, not inclined neither to the front, nor back) positioned according to the ground, while flying in a horizontal direction.. From the very limited knowledge I have on aerodynamics and physics, this is completely illogical!

I would not say it is illogical, it depends what is flying and who is (remotely ?) flying it with what purpose and perspective off course. As an example, some maneuvers are not only intended to look good during a airshow by showing aircraft performances but to break the lock of doppler radars (like the Bell maneuver). In this thread, we've been talking about UAVs or helicopters but what about RC toys/drones/helium blimps ? These could be potential candidates as well that we should not discard too easily.

From what I understood, while the triangle was spinning, it was not maintaining a level flight because you did not draw an horizontal line in the simulation and the object was more or less perpendicular to your line of sight, so that means that it was loosing altitude and not going away from you, correct me if I am wrong. (I'll double check on my simulator)

I just don't understand your concerns about you not helping or being in the way

I'm gonna quote the Nablinator to answer this one :

The Nab' : They did not even try to limit the propagation of details of the story by questioning the children separately. Instead they asked leading questions, added their own biases and interpretations, created false memories.
All the worst practices in ufology

Martin : I'll have to admit that I don't like just one thing - when you guys question about the probability of my memories fading away from that moment till today

Since you did not take notes right after the sightings, it is a legitimate question and you should be the first one to ask it for yourself. I also witnessed things that I did not understand and still don't, I can relate to your feelings, but believe me, I am not undestestimating you but I do know that memory can fool us sometimes. It is a fact.

ps : check your private messages

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Buckwild » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:04 am

Ooops, before I forget.

Have you noticed any exotic commercial efforts to promote that area ? By exotic, I mean non-conventionnal, like in Scotland, they have UFO-Tours (bus tours) since Scotland is supposed to be a UFO hotbed in Europe, some say the best hotbed in Europe.

Thx,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby nablator » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:43 am

11 UFO hotspots !
http://thejetpacker.com/ufo-hotspots-11 ... the-world/

In the comments:
Norm says:
October 30, 2010 at 6:59 am

I am not sure of the numbers else where but we live in a very small village in Bulgaria, with often incredible night sky’s with panoramic views. In the 5 years we have been living here we have seen at least 9, 8.5 to 9/10 level sightings and I don’t spend hours watching for them, but most of the time they are very bright orbs of light travelling south easterly at low alt, I have even managed to film them. So I am sure if anyone were more dedicated, subject to weather and clear skies you would probably catch 2 or 5 a week of these strange things, but it seems on one wants to know!!!1

Wow! 9/10 level sightings! Is there a scale for UFO sightings?
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:36 pm

2 to 5 a week? Geez...how much is a plane ticket to Bulgaria??
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ch1n1t0 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:38 pm

ryguy wrote:2 to 5 a week? Geez...how much is a plane ticket to Bulgaria??

I have to say, I wouldn't trust anyone's word when it comes to UFOs.

In general, the average Joe tends to shout out loud brilliant remarks and be shaken to death by the amazing flight capabilities of Chinese lanterns, I for one have been overwhelmed by the actual number of (is it OK for me to say it?) IDIOTS out there. But who am I to blame them.

Although I have heard a few stories that people in the mountain villages of Bulgaria are actually used to these strange lights, now if that is true or not I don't know, however, I wouldn't put much importance in such statements without first looking into them if that is possible. And I don't see how we could gain any more information. I, for one, since the event in August 2010, became a star gazer probably every single night. So, there were two cases after August in which I was quite perplexed by what I was seeing, but I wouldn't even bother mentioning these, as there's not much detail into them, and I don't think they're as important as clearing up (if possible) this case.
Last edited by ch1n1t0 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ch1n1t0

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs