Connection - A Personal Experience - Why Cant We All Do It?

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Connection - A Personal Experience - Why Cant We All Do

Postby franspeakfree » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Luck wrote:Is your "hit rate" 100%, then? I mean, every time you write a name down do you end up running into that person, or do you have some instances where a name was written down but you did not run into to the person after all?

I talked about this in particular so that people could empathise and understand how it works, yes 100%, BUT it does not happen everyday of my life, I am hu-man being I have to work to pay my mortgage I have responsibilities that stop me from being 'connected', this only happens when I am zoned in. I wish I could tell you that I walk around knowing the entire future it certainly doesn't work like that no lottery numbers I am afraid.

When I talk about deeply connected I am talking about something entirely different than what we see day to day more like another version of reality, where day to day activities exist on a different level.

Can you empathise?, do you understand when I say that deeply connected means that the world is viewed from a different perspective. In this state you simple exist and experience.
franspeakfree

Postby Luck » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:30 pm

franspeakfree wrote:I talked about this in particular so that people could empathise and understand how it works, yes 100%, BUT it does not happen everyday of my life, I am hu-man being I have to work to pay my mortgage I have responsibilities that stop me from being 'connected', this only happens when I am zoned in. I wish I could tell you that I walk around knowing the entire future it certainly doesn't work like that no lottery numbers I am afraid.

When I talk about deeply connected I am talking about something entirely different than what we see day to day more like another version of reality, where day to day activities exist on a different level.

Can you empathise?, do you understand when I say that deeply connected means that the world is viewed from a different perspective. In this state you simple exist and experience.

I can relate to what you are saying. On the days that I do meditate (and I don't really do it as much as I should), I seem to be better able to flow through the day. Sometimes this happens when I don't, but this is even more rare. On those days that flow, it seems like I fight myself and the world much less. I have had a few unusual experiences of my own (I also acknowledge there may be a very mundane explanation for them) and you don't appear to be using this information to promote yourself in anyway, so I am willing to accept the truth of your experience as it manifests to you.

I do recall seeing something about how people undergo past-life regressions and what they may really be relating is information that they have a acquired on a subconscious level. Apparently this is something that our brains are pretty good at and it explains the reason why ordinary people have the ability to relate historical detail in their regressions. It could be that your relaxed state allows your brain to follow the chain of events that will lead you to the person that you then identify.

I find it interesting that you call this "connection" as some buddhist teachings discuss the interconnectedness of all things. I hesitate to attribute this to the paranormal, but I find your experiences interesting, nonetheless.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby franspeakfree » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:41 am

Luck wrote:
I can relate to what you are saying. On the days that I do meditate (and I don't really do it as much as I should), I seem to be better able to flow through the day. Sometimes this happens when I don't, but this is even more rare. On those days that flow, it seems like I fight myself and the world much less.

I honestly and truly believe that this state of 'flowing through the day' can be very detramental to ones health over a long period of time. The reason I think this is because its very easy to ignore 'day to day' life and focus on the 'connection' because of this I have been taking a step back from this whole thing as I am not liking what I see.

Peace
franspeakfree

Postby Luck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:19 am

franspeakfree wrote:I honestly and truly believe that this state of 'flowing through the day' can be very detramental to ones health over a long period of time. The reason I think this is because its very easy to ignore 'day to day' life and focus on the 'connection' because of this I have been taking a step back from this whole thing as I am not liking what I see.

Peace

That's interesting, because when I say "flow thru the day", I mean I am lot more rooted in the present and more engaged with "day to day" stuff whether it is work, housecleaning or interacting with other. I think I use the term "flow" because I am engaged without having to constantly bring myself back to the matter at hand.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby franspeakfree » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 am

Luck wrote:
That's interesting, because when I say "flow thru the day", I mean I am lot more rooted in the present and more engaged with "day to day" stuff whether it is work, housecleaning or interacting with other. I think I use the term "flow" because I am engaged without having to constantly bring myself back to the matter at hand.

Your absolutely right luck, my mistake I misunderstood. it has been several weeks now since I wrote this thread and I wanted to say that I have had to get stuck in to many tasks also and they too have kept me well and truly grounded. Not housework mind you ;).

I have spoken to many on this topic and as I said previously once people see a little bit of a higher state of awareness they run with it because they want more and more, its a new discovery. In many cases it ends up dominating their life, for example. They become detached from their day to day lives and think that everything that goes on every day is somehow connected with their new experience or god.

There is a very fine fine line between higher states of awareness and delusion. In my honest opinion, anyone that experiences this awareness needs (as a priority) to have someone to talk it over with, so that one remains level headed.

In order to see what I am talking about just head over to many other sites and you will see many people talking about energies and gods will, you will see that these people have become consumed by their experiences and are interpreting their awareness in to something that benefits them. This to me is very sad indeed. The bigger the ego the slower the growth its that simple.
franspeakfree

Postby Luck » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:30 am

franspeakfree wrote:I have spoken to many on this topic and as I said previously once people see a little bit of a higher state of awareness they run with it because they want more and more

First off, I am glad to hear that the day to day stuff that so engaged you recently did not involve housework. :lol:

I think your first point above goes to my much earlier post in that some may confuse a transitory experience with legitimate enlightenment. Some people end up chasing the transitory state they experienced as their path to enlightenment and they end up missing the point entirely.

franspeakfree wrote:They become detached from their day to day lives and think that everything that goes on every day is somehow connected with their new experience or god.

And at some point their faith will probably bite them because they have been ignoring things that they need to deal with, but I don't think it is uncommon. Its just a learning experience that some people need to have about being grounded and where their focus needs to be.
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby NeoOrion » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:55 am

Although, my experiences are different. I would like to share one of mine on meditation. I learned meditation as a pre-teen many moons ago while studying tai chi. My favorite is to meditate to tibetan chants, but if it is thunderstorming REALLY good....that is my personal best, (maybe it's the electricity in the air). Anyway, at least 10 times within the past 2 years, as I got to the point where I cannot feel my body, I had a flash of numbers, extremely fast flash in my mind. After meditation, I wrote the numbers down and the next morning bought those numbers. All 10 times this happened, I won between $300-$400, unfortunately not much to change anything other than apply it to bills, but nonetheless...pretty cool. Too me the rewards of meditation are the power to soothe my spirit during times of extreme stress, I always feel cleansed.
NeoOrion

Postby NeoOrion » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:19 am

Tim Hebert wrote:
calcoastseeker wrote:JFK had Addison disease.

They kept it a secret but he was hospitalized for it many times.

Sorry for crashing the party, yes, JFK had Addison's. If you read the Warren Report, JFK's presidential physcian, an admiral, whose name escapes me at this time, demanded that the physcians treating JFK in the ER immediately administer IV cortical steroids. Obviously a futile, but medically correct, procedure. Also kept secret was the amount of pain medications that he was taking for back pain going back to the PT-109 incident.

Tim

ANYTHING pertaining to the Warren Report is nothing more than a fairytale and cannot be taken seriously. Nothing but a mere joke!
NeoOrion

Previous

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal