UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies and Realties Review

Aviary discussion and topics

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies and Realties Review

Postby Access Denied » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Hey everyone, you may have noticed I’ve been absent from the forum lately. Still busy dealing with some personal matters in real life but I got a chance to read John Alexander’s new book in the meantime and I posted a brief review in the blog for anyone that’s interested…

“Mr. Non-Lethal” Discloses Aviary’s Most Closely Guarded Secret?

Overall I found it to be a fairly interesting read and obviously everybody is going to find something they don’t like about it but what I was most impressed with is here we have someone who can be considered a bona fide “true believer” in all things paranormal if there ever was one challenging the status quo in UFOlogy on the alleged “cover up” with what I can say is fairly reliable information regarding how the MIC (military-industrial complex, not to be confused with the MIB) operates and why such a vast conspiracy is simply untenable at this late date.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think either here or on the blog…

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Re: UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies and Realties Review

Postby nablator » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:30 pm

To some people with the right connections (Edgar Mitchell) it takes only one question to find out about a UFO-related black project... or so they say. If John Alexander is right, there will be no disclosure, ever, because there is nothing to disclose. This book is a good reality check.

However the author remains convinced (by cases such as Malmstrom 1967 and Bentwaters 1980) of the core reality of crafts far beyond current human capabilities. I don't understand how it is possible to have many confirmed UFOs (meaning alien crafts in Alexander's book) in the sky without anyone caring in the MIC. How can NORAD and SDI experts be totally ignorant about UFOs? Uncorrelated targets are one thing, but what about unidentified correlated targets? The question is not asked. Maybe it makes it easier, if some loopholes are left, to escape the inevitable conclusion that UFOs are not a concern because they don't exist.

I thought that fleets of UFOs zooming across the sky would have set off the third world war already or at least created some memorable incidents. The explanations in the book look pretty unconvincing to me, old computers, software filters set to detect threats only. Shouldn't they be expecting the unexpected? A surprise attack from submarines located anywhere, or hard to detect stealth bombers? Fastwalkers identification alone from data collected by satellites should be able to point out suspicious activity in orbit (UFOs entering or leaving the atmosphere).

So what is the value of the absence of evidence of any organization being in charge of UFO research? To true believers it is only the proof that the cover up is much more effective than previously imagined. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch. John Alexander must be commended for daring to publish his conclusion, knowing it would be dismissed by many in the UFO community.
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:08 am

I literally could not have said it better myself Nab. I can only conclude that perhaps John has not looked as closely into some of these cases himself as he calls on skeptics to do and is simply relying on the conclusions of those he trusts for whatever reason. Hence the reason I said, John, we need to talk…

I’ll go out on a limb here and venture to guess there’s not a single skeptic here who wasn’t a believer first (perhaps because of their own experiences in some cases) who didn’t come to be a skeptic as a result of critically examining the available evidence in as much depth as is practical for themselves and finding most, if not all, of it unconvincing at best.

At any rate I agree, a bold move by John no matter how you look at it.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby nablator » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:01 am

Access Denied wrote:I’ll go out on a limb here and venture to guess there’s not a single skeptic here who wasn’t a believer first (perhaps because of their own experiences in some cases) who didn’t come to be a skeptic as a result of critically examining the available evidence in as much depth as is practical for themselves and finding most, if not all, of it unconvincing at best.

Exactly my experience. Once bitten, twice shy. I know only one skeptic who never was a believer. He's a pathological case. :mrgreen:

The review by Bruce Maccabee is very interesting. He agrees, mostly, with John Alexander but with a few caveats that I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on.
http://www.brumac.8k.com/AlexanderBookR ... Review.htm
Last edited by Access Denied on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replaced derivative link with link to original source
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:28 am

Nab, I hope you don't mind but I replaced your link with a link to the original on Maccabee's website. Note there's an addendum at the bottom, not sure if that was included.

Yes, I found that interesting too. Needless to say I have a number of issues with his comments but unfortunately I don’t have time to go into any detail at the moment. Among other things, his continued support of the MJ-12 hoax is troubling and I believe I’ve commented on the Goldwater thing before here somewhere…

ETA: Found it... Goldwater
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Puppetburglar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 am

A most amusing presentation for those familiar with the Long Haul. http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/17/chinese-magicians-go.html

Seven minutes and eleven seconds you will not regret.

You're welcome.

Puppetburglar
God is a comedian performing for an audience too afraid to laugh

Voltaire
Puppetburglar
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Puppetburglar wrote:A most amusing presentation for those familiar with the Long Haul. http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/17/chinese-magicians-go.html

My favorite comment from the comment area on that page.... (from Anon)

I think he really did train them by rewarding them at proper moments. Their cue is the shadows of his hands. I think he was just repetative enough with his hand formations to trigger a command within the fish.

Indeed!

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:30 pm

I posted this on the blog but I might as well post it here too ;)

There are many fascinating insights in this book, insights that help confirm what we already know about certain events and individuals. A lot of the information available in this book is very useful in helping to populate our timeline of events with regard to the activities of Scammers Inc.

Three guesses as to the identity of the “Source” discussed in the Los Alamos and UFOs section of the book: (Emphasis added)

Rumors abound regarding underground chambers at Los Alamos that are used to
house ET, or store UFO material. In fact, some subterranean facilities do exist
there. Many of them are used for storage of nuclear materials—which by their very
nature are subject to extremely high security measures. I had two incidents related
to claims that these sites were used for ET material. One came as a result of
contacts with Bill Moore who is known in UFO circles for exposure of the
Majestic 12 documents. These documents will be covered in more detail in
Chapter 7. The issue here is specific to underground facilities at LANL. Moore set
up a meeting in Gallup, New Mexico. Attending were physicist Hal Puthoff,
Congressional aide Scott Jones, and myself. We were to meet with a source who
claimed to have been involved in an official UFO project when he was in the U.S.
Air Force.
While the identities of Puthoff and Jones were known to Moore, I was
an unknown. He guessed, incorrectly, that I was an officer from the Defense
Intelligence Agency (DIA). In reality I had retired from active duty and was
already working at Los Alamos. As I told Moore at the time, I was not with DIA
nor had I ever been assigned there.

The “source” gave each of us a rather convoluted story about ET and his
involvement in the project. He went into substantial detail about his induction into
the program that had taken place at an underground facility at Los Alamos. The
numbers of people he suggested were involved in the program were hard to
believe. It would have been nearly impossible to keep a secret of that magnitude
under wraps for half a century. More important, he described a facility that I knew
pretty well. Having recently been in the building he specified, I knew that there
were no underground bunkers in that facility.
This source also did not know that
recently this technical area had been opened for public access. As a cost-cutting
measure at the end of the Cold War, many technical areas that had previously been
guarded were opened to the public. The fences he described remained in place, but
nobody manned the gate. Any civilian visitor could have approached and entered
that building. That hardly described a facility that holds the nation’s crown jewels.

If you really need three guesses then you haven’t been paying attention!

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

John Alexander UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Last week on Wednesday John Alexander was on the Michael Smerconish nationally syndicated radio show to plug his book. Now Michael is not a UFO guy or a believer so I listened with interest. Then I heard John say that the Phoenix lights and the Rendlesham event were real extraterrestrials and I immediately called the show. Michael put me on after Col. Alexander had left. I was able to disavow both sightings and clear up any misconceptions Michael may have gotten from the Col. I carefully laid out the real reality about UFOs. I explained to him that the Col. was merely rehashing old sightings and that there is zero proof of extraterrestrial visitations. I told him how I have been a boots on the ground UFO investigator for many years and investigated thousands of sightings and in all that time I've only had 2 I couldn't explain and that was because photographic analysis was inconclusive. I exlained that the vast majority of sightings could be explained in mundane ways(plane lights, misidentified celestial objects like planets and stars). I also told him that the percentage of true unidentifiables was much lower than the figure the Col. gave. But one thing the Col. got right was Roswell which he said wasn't aliens. Hey at least he got one right. And the reality was the Col. needed a paycheck. Michael was very excited to talk to me and he mentioned bringing me on the show as a guest for further discussion. We'll see what happens. I just had to set the record straight because I didn't want anyone else drinking the Colonels kool-aid. Oh and the Col. didn't mention the Aviary.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: John Alexander UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities

Postby chrLz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Goodness - a radio show airing both sides of an issue? It's a miracle!

Well done, lhc - wish I had heard it, but I'm on the wrong side of the globe.. is there a podcast or recording available?
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby James Carlson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:46 am

Outstanding comeback! I hope they book you -- if/when they do, send me the date and time; I don't normally listen in on such things, but I'll make a point of doing so if your on. Thanks...
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby the|exx » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:35 am

Well done LHC!
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Nice work fighting for the cause LHC! :-)

Please let us know if/when you're on and we'll announce it on the blog as well.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:32 pm

I couldn't help myself. When someone purports to be an expert and then says 2 discredited events are real aliens man I just can't hold my tongue. And chrlz I'm not sure about a podcast but his website is smerconish.com if you wanna check. Also some of our discussion was off air so I'm not sure what would be included. Michael is a middle of the road guy and not a partisan windbag. Not sure how serious he was about having me on but hope it works out. At any rate he has my number. Oh and I did mention RU.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Buckwild » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 am

Hi folks,

Com'on, stop whining ! :mrgreen:

Who is this John Alexander guy anyway ? (Wikipedia says he is an OZ tennis player)

Here where cheese smells and where our President is 3 ft high, we've got way worst...

Mr Yves SILLARD is not only head of the GEIPAN/CNES (Official Ufo study group) but he used to be head of the CNES (French NASA equivalent) and one of the "fathers" of the European Satellite Launcher, ARIANE V. We're talking about a very smart guy, a rocket scientist for alien's sake.

Here is what he recently said about the LUU-2B illuminating flares, ooops, sorry, the PL :

et toutes les études sérieuses semblent devoir être bloquées, y compris sur des cas très intéressants comme les gigantesques phénomènes lumineux de Phoenix en Arizona, le 13 mars 1997

Source : http://skystars.unblog.fr/2011/03/03/yv ... -probable/

Translation : [...] and all serious studies seem to have been stopped, including very interesting cases like the gigantic luminous phenomenas in Phoenix, Az, in March 13th 1997 [...]

Keep cool, there's always worst where grass is supposed to be greener...

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Next

Google

Return to The Aviary