James Carlson writes...

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

James Carlson writes...

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon May 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Sex, Identity, and the Crippled Eschatology of Alien-Human Hybrids

We are very pleased to announce that James Carlson has agreed to write for RU and his first contribution can be read by clicking on the link above. What a great read it is too!

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Re: James Carlson writes...

Postby ryguy » Mon May 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Excellent writing James!

And Steve - the layout is sweet. :-)

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: James Carlson writes...

Postby Luck » Fri May 27, 2011 4:38 am

Interesting read...
Which brings us to the really fun part of this shock-house carnival ride: if you can find enough bat-shit crazy people in the world to say, “you know, maybe that’s not such a stupid idea,” you can actually start your own religion.

yep, this is what social proof is all about; if lots of people believe the same thing, it must be true.

It also just occurred to me today that the stories of alien-human hybrids reminded me of a common theme in mythology. There are tons of stories across cultures about gods/goddesses/monsters/angels (to infinity) shtupping humans only to have half-human offspring. Its almost like we are hard-wired to come up with these stories.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Google

Return to UFOs