Your favorite UFO image/s?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Your favorite UFO image/s?

Postby LCARS24 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Not all is what it seems. :)

Okay, after all that i owe you at least one believable alien:

Last edited by LCARS24 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
LCARS24
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:03 pm

I want to be abducted now if the second image is what is on those spaceships.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 am

LCARS24, some nice folks at PETA called. They wanted to know when you’re going to launch that puppy but I didn’t know so I hope you don’t mind I gave them your address.

Tim, be careful what you wish for and beware the man, err Arquillian behind the curtain…

http://forgetomori.com/2009/aliens/orions-belt-alien/
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby LCARS24 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:25 pm

I heard there was some buzz about the Mayan calendar in UFO circles.

LCARS24
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby LCARS24 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:29 pm

This is the Futuro House, designed in Finland in 1968 as a prefab cabin that could accomodate eight people. It could be delivered by helicopter (or in pieces and be bolted together on-site). It was 8 meters in diameter and 3 meters in height. Only 96 were built (48 in Finland and 48 abroad under license). It was made famous by a brief article and photo in Playboy Magazine (Sept. 1970).

Wikipedia article (with more photos):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futuro

More:
http://www.futurohouse.com/index.html
http://www.futuro-house.net/page5.html
http://www.eichlernetwork.com/fnc_futuro.html

LCARS24
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm

LCARS24 wrote:I heard there was some buzz about the Mayan calendar in UFO circles.

The 2012 thread is this way…

The Wacky 2012 Countdown Thread

Also, did you read the OP?
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 pm

Hey chrlz just thought I'd mention a couple I didn't see here. First being the Mcminnville Oregon photo(still considered most authentic) and the 1952 Wahington D.C. flap. Macabee couldn't solve the Mcminnville photo and there are a few pretty good shots of the ufos flying over the Capitol building in D.C.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby LCARS24 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:28 am

Hm. The McMinnville photos, because there are two shots, bring to mind the notion that it would be better to have 3D shots, like setting up two identical high-res video cameras with matching large telephoto lenses on a mountain facing an erupting volcano, recording and saving video 24 hours a day and having a third camera acting as a live Web cam so people around the world can check the Web cam then alert you of the time something happened so you know where to search within your stereocopic recordings, if something without feathers is seen. That should eliminate suspicion of hoax and provide juicy data for analysis to determine size, since the distance from the volcano and between the two cameras is known. The recordings can be erased after a certain number of days of no results, setting up on a mountain provides relatively clear air, and any UFOnauts, whatever their origin, and should have some interest in an erupting volcano (and hopefully won't disable your equipment). And obviously, if an object exhibits any of those famous impossible maneuvers, then stills of it while hovering will be the best UFO photos ever--clear, somewhat detailed, and vetted against both hoaxing and misidentification. And maybe even an Aurora will show up with "I'm a UFO" painted on the side in white lettering.
LCARS24
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby nablator » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:42 am

Hello longhaircowboy

The famous Washington photo is often cropped

... to hide that the UFOs are lens flares.

A much more detailed analysis was published in the Official UFO Magazine #9, July 1976.
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:55 pm

It's gratifying to see how fast you guys move! Yes, that 1952 Washington pic is a nice example of the deceptive use of cropping to try to hide reality (and is a lovely example of symmetrical lens flares...) McMinnville is also interesting, largely because of the rather extraordinary 'analysis' by Maccabee. (I'm afraid I don't mean extraordinary in a flattering way...)

If there's one thing I dislike more than people hoaxing for the purpose of deception (I *like* seeing hoaxes for the purpose of education!), it's pseudo-researchers using big words and inappropriate and often irrelevant analyses..

The twin video/camera system is a nice idea, as long as they are separated enough to give a useful result. It makes you wonder why they don't that sorta thing at ufo hotspots, like that Gilliland Ranch. That way, they could find out exactly where the ufo's were, if any..

Oh wait... I just thought of a reason why they might not want to do that... :D
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby LCARS24 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:11 pm

This gallery has a lot of pix, the oldest from 1870. It also contains some known hoaxes, like the Santa Ana train wheel and famous toy wagon wheel passing above a Ford station wagon and VW, as well as several Apollo shots with lens-flare UFOs and one National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration intrared image of the moon sometimes mistaken for a UFO. But none are from mulitple pilot sightings with multiple radar, ground, satellite, live TV, and observatory confirmation.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/photohome.asp

And, arguably the highest-quality photographic UFO hoax ever is the Rod Dickinson's Somerset, England video. This video on YouTube shows the original version and a version of each sequence stabilized afterward for analysis, which suggests that Dickinson could have taken the original footage with a tripod, added the UFO frame by frame (doctoring a LIghtwave image for each frame), then added the shakycam effect as the final step. That's almost harder than building a "Balloon Boy" mock-up, but either way, it takes hoaxing to a far higher level that suggests that any UFO photo without strong corroboration is worthless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMIRKttXHQ
LCARS24
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby LCARS24 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:32 am

What about the classic Great Falls, Montana Nick Mariana film from 1950? It's been analyzed to death and is said to have gotten by all debunking attempts, even by the Condon committee. But this guy was the manager of a baseball team, and other than the apparent disc shape I can easily imagine what I see in the film as thrown or batted baseballs. So, other than damaged or specially made baseballs (or even hockey pucks), what about sticky shutter, where increased exposure time combined with the speed of the objects would make them appear slightly elongated? Or two small UFOs launched from two pitching machines? I don't know if the baseball connection has been raised before regarding this film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTwBGVlj6Y4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogQUnT_ROBQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_UFO_Incident
LCARS24
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby mosfet » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 pm

Check out these photos of the single saucer?

As much as I dislike directing attention to omf.

http://lucianarchy.proboards.com/index. ... 974&page=6
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 am

longhaircowboy wrote:Hey chrlz just thought I'd mention a couple I didn't see here. First being the Mcminnville Oregon photo(still considered most authentic) […] Macabee couldn't solve the Mcminnville photo…

I could tell you why, but then I would have to kill you. 8)

What I can tell you is it has to do with (among other things) a major “error” in his model of the scene (the Trent’s farm) that Stray Cat over at JREF found when a number of us were going over his case with a fine tooth comb.

Hey Chrlz, I have a job that’s perfect for you, should you choose to accept it… ;)

LCARS24 wrote:Hm. The McMinnville photos, because there are two shots, bring to mind the notion that it would be better to have 3D shots, like setting up two identical high-res video cameras with matching large telephoto lenses on a mountain facing an erupting volcano, recording and saving video 24 hours a day...

Now you’re thinking… :)

LCARS24 wrote:This gallery has a lot of pix, the oldest from 1870. It also contains some known hoaxes...

Pick one you don’t think is.

LCARS24 wrote:What about the classic Great Falls, Montana Nick Mariana film from 1950? It's been analyzed to death and is said to have gotten by all debunking attempts, even by the Condon committee.

Looks like the two jets reported in the area at the time to me.

mosfet wrote:Check out these photos of the single saucer?

That was your first mistake… :)

You can’t tell those are staged just looking at them?

[hint: compare the clouds in #1 and #2 and note the presuggested "excuse" in the narative]
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby DrDil » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:35 pm

About the lens flare, after an examiner article posted a Mufon CMS report from a (photographer of all people!!) I posted my comments that it was undeniably lens flare & emailed the examiner author (I’m sure it was Roger Marsh) and actually got a reply saying that he would post my findings, but he never did:

Access Denied wrote:
LCARS24 wrote:This gallery has a lot of pix, the oldest from 1870. It also contains some known hoaxes...

Pick one you don’t think is.

LCARS24 wrote:What about the classic Great Falls, Montana Nick Mariana film from 1950? It's been analyzed to death and is said to have gotten by all debunking attempts, even by the Condon committee.

Looks like the two jets reported in the area at the time to me.

mosfet wrote:Check out these photos of the single saucer?

That was your first mistake… :)

You can’t tell those are staged just looking at them?

[hint: compare the clouds in #1 and #2 and note the presuggested "excuse" in the narative]

You spoilsport AD!! :lol:

How’s about this one? :wink:

(Original) Source: Wendelle Stevens
PUERTO MALDONADO 1952:

At 04:30pm on July 19, 1952, the attention of Customs Inspector Sr. Domingo Troncoso, then with the Peruvian Customs Office at Puerto Maldonado on the jungle frontier with Bolivia, was called to a very strange cigar-shaped flying object over the river area. The big dirigible-shaped craft was flying horizontally and fairly low in the sky, passing from right to left from the observers position. It was leaving a dense trail of thick smoke, vapor, or substance on its wake. This object was a real, structured, physical machine and may be seen from its reflection in the waters of the Madre de Dios river underneath it. The object was estimated to be over a hundred feet long.
(Source & further information)

And whilst the following is not a photograph but a sketch, I’ve always thought it a bit special mainly due to the credentials of the witness, well that and the official comment which to be honest is arguably as bizarre as the original report.

Keyhoe, Donald E., and Gordon I. R. Lore, Jr., 1969,
Strange Effects from UFOs, Washington, D.C., NICAP, pages 35-37:

The “Flying Cross” Case

Angus Brooks, a former flight administrative officer for British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC), was walking his Dalmatian and Alsatian dogs at Moigne Downs, Dorset, England, on October 26, 1967. At 11:25 a.m., he decided to lie down in an indentation on a hill to shelter himself from the strong wind.

“Almost immediately” he saw what appeared to be a contrail high in the sky. Then the contrail disappeared and in its place, a UFO descended “at lightning speed” to 200 or 300 feet altitude.

“The shape of the ‘craft’ prior to leveling out to ‘hover’ position was of a central circular chamber with a leading fuselage in the front and three separate fuselages together at the rear,” the former World War II photographic interpreter stated. “On slowing to ‘hover’ position the two outer fuselages at the rear moved to position at [the] side of [the] ‘craft’ to form four fuselages at equidistant position around [the] center chamber…. On attaining ‘hover’ the ‘craft’ rotated 90 degrees clockwise and then remained motionless, unaffected by very strong wind.”

For 22 minutes the strange object remained motionless in the sky. The Alsatian, back from foraging for game, stood “distraught” beside the witness.

“The dog was standing here and her ears were pricked straight up like she does when her ears heard sounds that she was worried about,” Brooks said.

The witness, who served with a Royal Air Force Middle East Command unit, said the UFO was made “of a translucent material.” Dark shadows were dotted along the bottoms of the fuselages and center chamber. Nose cones and “groove fins” were seen along the bases of the fuselages. The center chamber was an estimated 25 feet in diameter and 12 feet high. Each of the fuselages was thought to be about 75 feet long, seven feet high and eight feet wide.

The UFO appeared to be hovering somewhere between the Winfrith Atomic Station and the Portland Underwater Defense Station “and about a mile inland from the USAF Communications Unit at Ringstead Bay.”

At 11:47 a.m., the craft flew to the east-northeast and disappeared.

Brooks said that, on future visits to the area, his Alsatian dog appeared nervous. The animal died of “acute cystitis” (a disorder of the urinary bladder) about six weeks later.

The Official Attitude

The witness reported the incident to the Ministry of Defense in London and received an official reply from L. W. Akhurst, who investigated the sighting.

“We do not doubt that the experience which you have described was a very vivid one, nor have we overlooked your long association with aviation,” Akhurst wrote. “However, we are unable to agree with your conclusion that you saw a controlled flying vehicle of unique design and performance.”

The Ministry official went on to expound a theory that Brooks, who experienced “some years ago” a corneal transplant as a result of an eye injury, actually saw “a vitreous floater—a piece of loose matter (a dead cell) floating in the fluid of the eyeball.” These floaters, Akhurst said, sometimes appear as rods or discs and can be more pronounced by a corneal transplant.

“However,” Akhurst added, “it is unlikely that the floater would have remained stationary for as long as 22 minutes.”

The London official further stated that the recent UFO publicity and the floater could have triggered a dream state while Brooks as resting.

Source: http://www.nicap.org/ar-671026se.htm

Oh and of course it was Drone-like (ish!) and much was made of this by Bren back in the day.

Due to this being labeled as a “Flying cross” and due to the work Ian Ridpath published about the original flying cross/Venus report I contacted him in case he’d come across it previously but he’d never heard of it.....

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs