SUNlite

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: SUNlite

Postby astrophotographer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:30 am

Thanks. I will contact the authors to see if they want to make a response.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Buckwild » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:40 am

astrophotographer wrote:Thanks. I will contact the authors to see if they want to make a response.

You are welcome.

JMA wrote a very short article about all this (Fr) :
http://scepticismescientifique.blogspot ... taque.html

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:31 am

Buckwild wrote:
astrophotographer wrote:Thanks. I will contact the authors to see if they want to make a response.

You are welcome.

JMA wrote a very short article about all this (Fr) :
http://scepticismescientifique.blogspot ... taque.html

Cheers,
Buck

Thanks again. I still need to e-mail JMA about his article. Glancing at Meessen's article, he seems to indicate that JMA and Paquay were not telling the truth in their articles. Paquay's articles can be a challenge since his english is not fluent and I edit the articles to get his meaning across. It is possible that I made a mistake (although he read the article as I wrote it for the issue and approved it). If any corrections are necessary, I will make sure they appear in this next or the following issue.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Sun May 01, 2011 4:06 pm

The latest issue is out:

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite3_3.pdf

A little shorter than the others but I have been a bit busy with all sorts of items on my plate. Enjoy.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Mon May 02, 2011 10:32 pm

IRT the new SUNlite: I finally finished it, and I for one think it's great -- particularly the book reviews. I also liked the Warren run; I'll never figure out why people consider it reasonable to tell everyone in your search area exactly what it is you're looking for and what time you want it to have been seen, and when 1 to 7 or however many people show up to say "you know, I do remember something just like that happening, and I was going to report it, but I was so busy, y'know, I never got around to it, and ... well, you know the rest...." it's a huge surprise, and everyone goes "wow.... didja see that center firelight pop just like the fireworks on the Fourth of July?" and everyone goes awwwwww. I think more people should critique Hastings' garbage. This so NOT what William Burroughs was talking about when he said the aliens need our respect.

Great issue, Tim, meaning up to the normal standards.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue May 03, 2011 5:37 am

James Carlson wrote:Great issue, Tim, meaning up to the normal standards.

I was going to say, sure was a lot interesting stuff to read for a "little shorter" issue.

I especially enjoed Kottmeyer's "Hollywouldn't" and (of course) Tim's "More UFO and Nukes Nonsense".

I think it's safe to say at this rate SUNlite will go down in UFOlogical history as one of the essential "underground" resources.

Keep up the first rate work Tim!

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Gilles F. » Tue May 03, 2011 8:54 am

Acces Denied wrote :
I think it's safe to say at this rate SUNlite will go down in UFOlogical history as one of the essential "underground" resources.

Greetings,
+1!
I enjoyed the reading of this last issue too ! For a shorter issue, well again full of precious infos + a very large beam of what happened last two monthes ! Congrats to Tim and all contributors!
BTW : the same day the issue was available, Kentaro Mori offered a new article concerning the BoLA picture in his blog, if you didn't noticed (I say it cause SUNlite 3.3 have an article too, devoted on BoLA picture of course).
http://forgetomori.com/2011/ufos/ufo-ph ... ng-indeed/
Regards,
Gilles
Gilles F.
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Tue May 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Kentaro contacted me where I got the picture and I gave him the link. He then put that information up on his blog. I think we can safely say that only UFO fanatics, conspiracy theorists, and photo analysts who don't want to admit they were wrong are going to hang on to this pic as any evidence of UFOs over LA. But like I said in the article, it is impossible to solve a UFO case to all of UFOlogy's satisfaction.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:36 pm

astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:15 pm

astrophotographer wrote:The latest is available:

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite3_4.pdf

Just finished it -- excellent issue! Your blimp story was dead on and a great analysis, but I really loved the review of the anthropology book, the one with the Sumerians? I think it was Vallee ... I liked it mostly for the stories, which really cook, and not the UFO flavorings that were added later. The fact that specific themes are universal to ancient man everywhere has never really bugged me a whole it, at least not as much as some people who read so much into the fact that Chinese or Native American stories might resemble stories from Sumeria or South Africa. After all, the people in all those places resemble each other in great ways too, so what's the big mystery? But I almost choked on my tongue when I read the bit about the ocean looking like a "tub"! That was classic fun ... da mentals of ancient culture and modern belief. Good issue, Tim! Thanks.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:29 am

Thanks James. I think you are describing Marty Kottmeyer's work. He is a good writer and has been sending me stuff regularly. When I have such contributions, it makes things easier for me. Writing one or two articles each issue is hard enough (especially when I am planning a vacation). Add to it the latest stuff that appears (like the NYC video and FE Warren) and the plate gets full pretty quick. I refrained from going into the Malmstrom and FE Warren stuff too deeply this issue. Maybe next issue, I will get around to it.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Luck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:05 am

Tim,
Excellent analysis regarding the blimp and I noticed you even mentioned Greer's legal problems. :)
You should submit these to the internet archive for posterity (if you haven't already).
I also enjoyed the article regarding UFOs and mythology from the prior issue. I was glad to see someone tackle this issue and give it the serious treatment it deserved.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby DrDil » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi Tim, another great issue!!

Regarding the first Blog list you link to I received an email quite a while ago requesting that I link back to it but I never did (& never do) and so was surprised to see it still listed:

UFO Blog: This blog upholds the idea of truth-telling as its overall purpose in the UFO blog scene. As such, you'll find a lot of dynamic and specific material in each post.

Whilst I’m not a renowned sceptic which is what I suspect you were alluding to my Blog is however listed and I’ve long maintained that a sceptical approach is the only tenable stance to adopt, a stance which I hope is reflected in my Blog.

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:24 pm

DrDil wrote:Hi Tim, another great issue!!

Regarding the first Blog list you link to I received an email quite a while ago requesting that I link back to it but I never did (& never do) and so was surprised to see it still listed:

UFO Blog: This blog upholds the idea of truth-telling as its overall purpose in the UFO blog scene. As such, you'll find a lot of dynamic and specific material in each post.

Whilst I’m not a renowned sceptic which is what I suspect you were alluding to my Blog is however listed and I’ve long maintained that a sceptical approach is the only tenable stance to adopt, a stance which I hope is reflected in my Blog.

Cheers.

DrDil,

I've always thought your blog was very well balanced and on an even keel; that being said, you also don't have rabies, so reading it's a much more enjoyable experience than some others I've looked at! On a side note (and I may be betraying a general ignorance here), what is the significance of your animated icon/avatar? It looks vaguely familiar, but I wouldn't even risk a guess ...

James
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Sorry to have missed your blog on that list. This was an oversight on my part (I will make sure I point this out in the next issue). After you look at the first couple of links or so (I usually just click at random and no particular order), you get the impression they are all presenting the same point of view.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs