Four Recent Sightings

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Four Recent Sightings

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Here are four recent sightings here in Florida that I'm looking into.
This first one is here in St. Pete but I'm having trouble tracking down the witness.
Date of Sighting: July 17, 2011
Time of Sighting: 1:35 PM EDT
Location of Sighting: St. Petersburg, Florida (See Map)
Description: I saw about 10 to 15 objects that flew all over. Some strayed away, but for the most part they flew a lot like a flock weaving in and out from one another. They had the appearance of parachutes. They were high in the sky. They were too small and close flying to be a plane of any kind and too high and too large to be any kind of local bird. They moved fast and far. In the end they flew off in all directions.
http://www.ufosnw.com/sighting_reports/ ... 172011.htm

The next one includes a sketch of what was seen. It also is from St. Pete.
Date of Sighting: August 4, 2011
Time of Sighting: 2:40 to 3 AM EDT
Location of Sighting: St. Petersburg, Florida (See Map)
Description: I was outside of my friend's house and we were talking about the whole aliens and 2012 theories and what we would do and as I looked up I saw 3 blue lights. They were the brightest that I have ever seen. They hovered for a second then within less than a second the lights took off in a straight path and then disappeared. I have never seen anything like it and as soon as I saw it I felt a fear overcome me that I have never felt before with goose bumps running from my head to my toes. Please contact me if I am not the only one who reported it.
http://www.ufosnw.com/sighting_reports/ ... 042011.htm

This one from the East coast include a very unique photo so maybe some of the photo people here can help. Not sure you can actually see a shadow in the air like that though.
Date of Sighting: July 17, 2011
Time of Sighting: 8:23 PM EDT
Location of Sighting: West Palm Beach, Florida (See Map)
Description: I did not actually have a sighting. I was driving around West Palm Beach seeing millionaire mile, and snapping pictures with my cell phone camera. It was not actually seen until I reviewed the pictures. What was very interesting is that the first ten times I looked at the picture I just thought it was the sun. I was taking a picture of what was Estee Lauder's backyard. Then the eleventh time or more I looked at it I realized that what I assumed was the sun was making a shadow underneath it. The sun doesn't shadow, save for an eclipse, and even then I don't think it would be called a shadow. This is when I began to examine the picture more closely and realized that the bright sun colored light was actually a series of four lights in a row in a rectangular shape, not round like the sun at all. It was like four suns lined up. There were no jet noises, only the ocean noise and jets can be heard over the ocean anyway. So I believe I caught a spacecraft on my phone without even realizing it. Can you please tell me what you think of this photo? The sun would have been behind me at the time of photo. By the way it was actually after sunset for that location which was 8:14 p.m. that day.
Response From Witness: I did not take the photo through a closed window. I was hanging out of the passenger window of a car. I did not see this object with the naked eye it only showed up in the photo. There was no commercial light because it is a photo straight over the beach to the Atlantic Ocean. Thank you for your interest and your response. It is very much appreciated.
Note: The witness is correct that the light was not due to the sun. The photo was taken with a SAMSUNG SCH-R360 cell phone camera. The witness did not the photo through a window or under any lights. This is an intriguing photo. I have no explanation.
http://www.ufosnw.com/sighting_reports/ ... 172011.htm

Another sighting with intrigueing photos.
Date of Sighting: June 16, 2011
Time of Sighting: 6:30 PM to 11 PM EDT (Objects Continued During the Entire Time)
Location of Sighting: Davie, Florida (See Map)
Description: This sighting lasted for over 2 hours. The objects looked like parachutes, but they were not. They were shaped like a pretzel. You could see the sky in between the attachments. This was not a hot air balloon. There were no people on it or in it. The objects just kept flying from the east towards us in the west and then north. They just kept coming and coming like 3 or 4 at a time.
Response of Witness to Investigator Questions: These photos have not been edited at all. The camera is a Canon Powershot sd1200is digital ELPH. The weirdest thing is that the objects kept coming even after dark and they didn't have light,s but they were white so you could still see them flying thru the clouds. I saw them still coming until about 11 PM EDT. What in the world do you think those could have been?
Note: The photos were taken with a Canon PowerShot SD1200IS Digital Camera. This camera has a maximum resolution of 10 million pixels. (The photos were taken with camera setting of a lower resolution of 800 by 600 pixels.) I have no explanation for these objects. Anyone with information about these objects or may have seen them is urged to file a report.
http://www.ufosnw.com/sighting_reports/ ... 162011.htm photos

So if anyone can offer anything it would be appreciated. Oh and if some one could post the above photos here for the rest to see, again I would be most appreciative. I forgot how and don't have the time to figure it out.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: Four Recent Sightings

Postby James Carlson » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 pm

I thought no. 3 (with the sun-shadow) was intriguing enough to look at. I've satisfied myself some, but please understand, I'm not trained at this nor do I have any particular expertise -- I was just curious enough to screw around with it some, so take it or leave it; I could very easily be wrong. Anyway, I flipped the light source and cranked up the contrast while darkening it some, and I got the below picture. It looks like it was poorly cropped on the right side -- it also looks exactly like a ground level stage light with part of the closure side cut off where the cropping was done. The "sun-shadow" also looks like it was overlayed -- it looks too impossible, with no bending on the side where it hits the wall, nothing to indicate that there's anything at all behind it. It's obviously not a shadow,and I don't believe anybody could look at it so many times and think it's the sun. I don't buy the story, and I think the photo is a flim-flam.

Image12.jpg
source flipped and light-adjusted
Image12.jpg (10.9 KiB) Viewed 6191 times

Anyway, I think it's a fake, but I don't expect there's any reason to believe me any more than the person who took the picture, so there's no reason at all for someone to simply accept my take on it. I am a little curious, however, to see how many people will come right out and say my conclusion is unsupportable, and I'm an idiot for even voicing it; figuring that out is more important to me. Having recently voiced some opinion at De Void, my curiosity is now tuned up a bit, so you'll just have to forgive me. I'll post the original below, since you asked so nicely. I'll look at no. 4 also, and I'll post the pix even if I don't have an opinion to voice.

objectweb.jpg
and that's the original...
objectweb.jpg (9.24 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Luck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:21 am

James,
I don't think #3 is an outright fraud, I think they are just clueless. :) The witness snapped a picture of a street lamp, but the movement of the car blurs the image and it is the blur or distortion that makes the street light appear like a disembodied light and corresponding shadow.
non-blurry picture of street lamp:

LHC,
too lazy to upload the photos here, but I have linked to them so they can be viewed within this thread.

no photo or illustration
#2 (illustration only)
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby James Carlson » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:43 am

Luck wrote:James,
I don't think #3 is an outright fraud, I think they are just clueless. :) The witness snapped a picture of a street lamp, but the movement of the car blurs the image and it is the blur or distortion that makes the street light appear like a disembodied light and corresponding shadow.
non-blurry picture of street lamp:

Okay, I see it, yeah!! So the base of the pole is on the inside of the roadway edge, making it look like the "shadow" went across the edge without bending ... Now that's a good call -- I never would have even thought of that, but once you pointed it out, it's very easy to see, isn't it? That's outstanding -- sincerely; great job! =D>
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Luck » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:29 am

James Carlson wrote:Okay, I see it, yeah!! So the base of the pole is on the inside of the roadway edge, making it look like the "shadow" went across the edge without bending ... Now that's a good call -- I never would have even thought of that, but once you pointed it out, it's very easy to see, isn't it? That's outstanding -- sincerely; great job! =D>

Thanks James, but really I have to thank the work of all the other members of this forum who have posted their analysis of prior sightings. It's given me a much more critical eye towards these pictures. Thanks guys! =D>
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby chrLz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:00 pm

Ooh, that looks familiar..
Recycled deja vu .. :)
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby longhaircowboy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:24 pm

James good try at analysis. I had been leaning toward the street lamp myself. Now about that last one.....any guesses?
Luck not lazy just pressed for time as I said. As I'm working all 4 cases at once I have time constraints on what else I do. To investigate a sighting is very time consuming( and I do a thourough job just check out my Boshkung Lake report on the RU blog)and the last 2 I'm doing long distance because of monetary matters. Investigating a sighting can get very expensive for a boots on the ground investigator. It's not just a matter of looking at a pic and saying hey thats a street light. I will actually go to the sight of the photo and personally see the street lamp.
Anyhow thanks for posting the photos gotta run.

George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby James Carlson » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:02 pm

longhaircowboy wrote:James good try at analysis. I had been leaning toward the street lamp myself. Now about that last one.....any guesses?

Based on the last photo, I thought it resembled one of those toy gliders with a vertical semi-circle wing instead of the horizontal wing span we're familiar with; I even thought it might be one of those lawn dart games. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a photograph of one that was similar enough to use for a validated comparison. That's why I didn't mention it.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Luck » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:45 am

James Carlson wrote:Based on the last photo, I thought it resembled one of those toy gliders with a vertical semi-circle wing instead of the horizontal wing span we're familiar with; I even thought it might be one of those lawn dart games. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a photograph of one that was similar enough to use for a validated comparison. That's why I didn't mention it.

James, I had thought that too. There is an airfield at Vista View Park in Davie used by an RC model group and a group of paragliders.

LHC,
here are the links to the groups, in case you decide you want to pursue these as an area of inquiry.
Power Para Gators
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/m/o/ ... efault.htm

Vista View Flyers
http://vistaviewflyers.org/
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby chrLz » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:58 am

longhaircowboy wrote:James good try at analysis. I had been leaning toward the street lamp myself. Now about that last one.....any guesses?
Luck not lazy just pressed for time as I said. As I'm working all 4 cases at once I have time constraints on what else I do. To investigate a sighting is very time consuming( and I do a thourough job just check out my Boshkung Lake report on the RU blog)and the last 2 I'm doing long distance because of monetary matters. Investigating a sighting can get very expensive for a boots on the ground investigator. It's not just a matter of looking at a pic and saying hey thats a street light. I will actually go to the sight of the photo and personally see the street lamp.
Anyhow thanks for posting the photos gotta run.

You could always google-earth it - that's how I proved the one I linked to was a streetlamp, and it's almost identical.
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby James Carlson » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:16 pm

IRT: that last shot with the accompanying animation:

1. I'm not trying to be funny here, so please don't take this the wrong way ...

2. It totally looks like a jock strap.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Luck » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:22 am

longhaircowboy wrote:Luck not lazy just pressed for time as I said. As I'm working all 4 cases at once I have time constraints on what else I do.

LHC,
Sorry I just noticed your comment. I was talking about my own laziness. No need to justify yourself to me, I get it that these things can't be solved in a few minutes on the internet sometimes. Just so we are clear, I don't comment on the laziness or stupidity of others unless they are public figures, politicians or UFO or apocalypse wackos. 8)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby the|exx » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:39 pm

James Carlson wrote:IRT: that last shot with the accompanying animation:

1. I'm not trying to be funny here, so please don't take this the wrong way ...

2. It totally looks like a jock strap.

Indeed it does! LOL!

|exx :lol:
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby lost_shaman » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:08 am

chrLz wrote:

You could always google-earth it - that's how I proved the one I linked to was a streetlamp, and it's almost identical.

The clouds in the distant background show no visible motion blur, while Trees in the near background show some Motion blur. The Camera must have been in motion. Obviously Trees are more or less stationary, and smaller objects closer to the Camera would be "blurred" to a much greater extent which is what we are seeing here.

Good Call ChrLz!
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Chrlz I've tried using Goolgle Earth and its just not the same as standing in the spot the witness was at. It's the tactile feel of being in the same enviroment. You know being able to see how the horizon plays into the equation and looking for landmarks to help pin down more detail.

James I like the jock strap idea. Once I read that I went back and looked at the pics again and sure enough I could how someone could stand out of camera shot and sling a tighty whitey into the air whilst someone else snapped shutter. Really.

Anyhow here's an update. I have discovered the identity of the witness(first sighting) and am now trying to arrange a meeting so we can go to where the objects were observed. Also I have gone over the flight logs covering the first 2 sightings and could find no corresponding air traffic. Also no unusual radar sightings. So I can say so far that the first 2 aint planes and they didn't show up on anyones radar. I'm working the star maps and star charts right now so will update again.

George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to UFOs