'UFO' photographed in Cornwall

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

'UFO' photographed in Cornwall

Postby Count » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:20 am

Didn' t see this one here yet: Another flight of fancy for conspiracy theorists as 'UFO' is caught on camera off Cornish coast

Spotting a UFO is not the kind of sight-seeing you expect to find when you go on holiday.
But that is exactly what one man chanced upon without even realising it when he thought he was taking a picturesque photograph of the sea.
The witness had been taking a stroll in Black Head at Trenarren near St Austell, Cornwall at around 5pm on August 1, when he pulled out his camera to capture a snap of the sea.

My vote is for pretty obvious side shot of a seagull. But I guess it's easy to see what you want to see.
Count

Re: 'UFO' photographed in Cornwall

Postby James Carlson » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 am

Count wrote:My vote is for pretty obvious side shot of a seagull. But I guess it's easy to see what you want to see.

True -- for instance, I would never have stopped to take a picture of a sea that's doing nothing like this one, but there's no accounting for taste. Why does every damn little spot in the sky have to be a UFO, ferchrissake? This is exactly why most people are sick of the subject and unwilling to agree with those who keep pointing at these little spots or specks or shiny bits in the sky.

I agree with you -- seagull. And you're absolutely right: "pretty obvious".
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby elevenaugust » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:57 pm

There are so many ways to take a shoot of a bird with various camera settings......

Each one of the examples below are birds/bugs....

For what it worth.... :roll:
IPACO, the new tool for photo and video analysis is on-line! www.ipaco.fr
elevenaugust

Postby James Carlson » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:03 pm

That's absolutely brilliant! You should seriously write-up a little commentary with all of those photos. I've got a copy somewhere of the same sort of thing accomplished in regard to the Loch Ness Monster, i.e., photos of waves, logs, fish, etc.; photo essays like this can be very convincing.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:07 pm

its a "blurd" as phage from ats would call it.. short for blurred bird.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Smersh » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:11 am

This latest seagull "UFO" photo even got lampooned on "Have I Got News For You" last night. (Especially since it was in the Daily Mail, which is a favourite target of Hislop and co. :wink: ) In fact, thanks to a kind Youtube poster, here it is. (5.43 to 6.37 in this video) ...

And the reason I said "latest seagull" is because the tabloids have done this at least once before. Does anyone remember this one in The Sun back in 2008?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 637499.ece

Oddly enough, that one was also in Cornwall. I wonder if it's the same bird ...

Personally, I think the editors should go up before the beak over this.

:?
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:15 pm

I admit it's a shameful bit of transference behavior, but sometimes all you can do is say in a low voice that most people tend to keep pent up inside like the poo of a poor seagull who doesn't understand why so many bloody idiots want to take his photograph when all he wants to do is find a nice, fairly clean public loo, "thank God Americans aren't the only silly twits in the world today who are so willing to see so much in so little ..."

And that video is funny as hell -- I believe I'll be hunting down many more episodes of "Have I Got News For You", so thanks very much for that, Smersh. I can't help but wonder how long it will be before someone in New York City decides to float the idea and the format and the personalities to NBC, so they can "steal" the show for American viewers!
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Smersh » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:00 am

James Carlson wrote: ... And that video is funny as hell -- I believe I'll be hunting down many more episodes of "Have I Got News For You", so thanks very much for that, Smersh. I can't help but wonder how long it will be before someone in New York City decides to float the idea and the format and the personalities to NBC, so they can "steal" the show for American viewers!

Thanks James, but I'm surprised you guys don't have your own version already as it's been going for many years already over here and is very popular. :) Since 1990 in fact ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_I_Got_News_for_You

Good job they showed the seagull really otherwise it might have started another UFO flap. :wink:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 am

Smersh wrote:Good job they showed the seagull really otherwise it might have started another UFO flap. :wink:

Please tell me that "flap" isn't an intentional pun associated with avian flight; my wife just groaned, and she's normally a very literal person! [-o<
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Smersh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:27 pm

James Carlson wrote:Please tell me that "flap" isn't an intentional pun associated with avian flight; my wife just groaned, and she's normally a very literal person! [-o<

Well I'm glad to hear she knew it wasn't a UFO and wasn't being gullible. :P
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Smersh wrote:
James Carlson wrote:Please tell me that "flap" isn't an intentional pun associated with avian flight; my wife just groaned, and she's normally a very literal person! [-o<

Well I'm glad to hear she knew it wasn't a UFO and wasn't being gullible. :P

Great ... now I'm doing it too!
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Google

Return to UFOs