UFO Sighting London Sunday 27th November

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

UFO Sighting London Sunday 27th November

Postby Smersh » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:35 am

This was posted by the YT uploader at UFO Casebook the other day. See Reply #1448 on: 12/03/2011 at 14:44:05 by GeorgePeters here.

I just wondered if there are any CGI experts here who could confirm if this is genuine or not. Thanks.
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: UFO Sighting London Sunday 27th November

Postby ryguy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:22 am

Smersh wrote:
I just wondered if there are any CGI experts here who could confirm if this is genuine or not. Thanks.

I'm not a CGI expert, but just a cursory review of the video passes all of my personal B.S. tests. It's not a fleck on a car window because it moves in different directions regardless of the car motion and the motion of the camera. The last few frames where it starts moving quickly away is really interesting.

It could be a few dozen different things, but I don't think this one is a video hoax. Just my opinion.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby nablator » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:57 pm

This not a sighting, but an alleged sighting from Youtube. Not worth commenting IMO without a better source and corroborating evidence.

Besides, no CGI expert in the world could possibly extract any useful information from a recompressed low resolution low bitrate video of a speck of light (that looks like a typical airplane to me in the beginning) that disappears suddenly. Easily done editing... or aliens... couldn't care less.
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:22 pm

nablator wrote:Easily done editing... or aliens... couldn't care less.

Thank you!
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Illudium Q-36 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Well, I could be mistaken but the video claims that it was taken around 3:30 in the afternoon in London late in November. That would raise my alarm as it looks like a fairly nice blue sky which strikes me as odd for that time of day and time of year, we are further south than London and +1 hour for time and the Sun is already setting. Infact on further inspection on that date at that time the sun was 21° above the horizon and it's the last hour before sunset.

Make of it what you will I guess.
It obstructs my view of Venus
Illudium Q-36

Postby Smersh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Illudium Q-36 wrote:Well, I could be mistaken but the video claims that it was taken around 3:30 in the afternoon in London late in November. That would raise my alarm as it looks like a fairly nice blue sky which strikes me as odd for that time of day and time of year ...

Hmmm ... good point I hadn't thought of that. Having said that though, I live near London but can't remember what the weather was doing on that particular day. If the weather was clear and sunny it still would have been full daylight outside at 3:30.

I still think need it needs to be checked for CGI if possible because even with my very limited knowledge of CGI techniques, I do recognise that it would be fairly simple to make the object suddenly disappear as it does. But maybe Nablator is right that because of the low quality it's not possible to check it, not sure.
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Google

Return to UFOs