Another Disclosure petition? Haven't we been there?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Another Disclosure petition? Haven't we been there?

Postby James Carlson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:27 am

It looks like this whole new mania in regard to the new Disclosure petitions has given Robert Salas a new lease on UFO immortality, which has in turn breathed some new life into his Echo Flight and Oscar Flight claims, at least they have if you go by Hastings' apparent enthusiam. As many are aware, it's my policy to respond whenever that bit of crap creeps out of the water and up the log and into the breathing space of all good mammals everywhere. Upon doing so, I've noted that there is little real knowledge of the story being exhibited -- only confused and not terribly bright individuals lamenting a dishonest America too mean to let the Disclosure truth shine.

Robert Hastings was scared up for a bit of dialogue, and I expect him to come forth with more valueless assertions -- it's a mixture of meaninglessness and stupidity, and I find that I have little patience for his creepy little games anymore. It's so much easier just to say, "you're an idiot..."

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/ ... lear-sites

http://www.afterdisclosure.com/2011/12/ ... welve.html

As for the petition itself, they say they need 25,000 by December 30. I note today that they have thus far gotten 1,430. They'll have to do better than that.

Being that this political tool was established to enable Americans to directly address national concerns, I can't help but wonder how many of the signatures affixed to this particular petition are from citizens of nations other than America.

Of equal concern: how many are from aliens? More specifically, this question refers to those aliens that cross over from another galaxy, not the kind crossing over from Mexico or Canada.

D'you think they're being given standard patdowns by some officer at TSA? I'd sure love to take a look at those passports...
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: Another Disclosure petition? Haven't we been there?

Postby Illudium Q-36 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm absolutely certain that I posted this in the thread about the whitehouse response the other day but I'm either going crazy and I didn't or the post was removed.
Both are feasible.

In any case it's uterrly mind boggling.
It obstructs my view of Venus
Illudium Q-36

Postby James Carlson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Illudium Q-36 wrote:I'm absolutely certain that I posted this in the thread about the whitehouse response the other day but I'm either going crazy and I didn't or the post was removed.
Both are feasible.

In any case it's uterrly mind boggling.

Looking back, I think you're right that maybe the two threads should probably be combined [maybe? probably? God, will somebody please slap me and wake me up?]. I promise you, I didn't even think for a second that the connection might be sufficient -- it just never occurred to me.

Moderators?

And yes, Illudium Q-36, it is mind-boggling -- but I can't help but think it's a little funny as well -- y'know, in the same way that it's funny to see Moe poke Curly in the eyes for doing the same silly little dance over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ad infinitum for ANOTHER FIFTY YEARS until someone decides to do a Three Stooges biopic, at which point the process starts anew...
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Smersh » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Brilliant! But something in the back of my head tells me I've seen this one before ... it's a rerun, right?

Just kidding -- what a fun world, yes?
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Smersh » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:58 am

James Carlson wrote:Brilliant! But something in the back of my head tells me I've seen this one before ... it's a rerun, right?

Indeed it is James!

James Carlson wrote:Brilliant! But something in the back of my head tells me I've seen this one before ... it's a rerun, right?

Indeed it is James!

:wink:

:wink:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:09 am

For anyone interested, here's an update on the new White House petition demanding the government "conduct an independent investigation [of UFOs]. This inquiry must transparently review the key unsolved UAP reports with access to classified documents. It must have the power to call witnesses and grant immunity."

Which begs the question, immunity from what? The Whistleblower Protection Act and other legal measures, both civil and military, have already established protection in regard to such matters, as long as the whistleblowers are telling the truth ; more to the point, NONE of the individuals who testified for the Disclosure Project and other such forums have ever been arrested or otherwise threatened as a result of their testimony -- testimony that many imply nonetheless represents an illegal act.

Oh, and they insist as well that "The findings should be publicly presented."

Here's the promised update:

Total signatures: 1,687

Signatures needed by December 30, 2011 to reach the necessary target of 25,000 signatures: 23,313

They're half-way through the process, and have completed just over 7-percent of their goal. To reach the 25,000 targeted signatures, they'll now have to attract 1,554 signatures a day -- which is about 92-percent of the number of signatures they've collected in the past 15 days.

I wonder if Betfair or William Hill would be willing to establish set odds on success?
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Like the taxpayers are going to stand for a politician who wants to spend their money chasing myths, lights in the sky, etc. It was done before. It was called the Colorado project (AKA Condon study) and it was a mess as far as scientists were concerned. The UFO groups submarined it when they did not like Condon's approach and it is now considered a "whitewash". This effort to perform a "do over" is a joke. No politician in his right mind would vote to fund it. No scientist in his right mind (I am sure the UFO scientists would disagree) would get involved. No result other than UFOs are alien spaceships would satisfy the UFO crowd (a conclusion that no sane scientist would ever suggest). So, it would be a waste of time and money. Condon was right when he wrote the following conclusion:

Careful consideration of the record as it is available to us leads us to conclude that further extensive study of UFOs probably cannot be justified in the expectation that science will be advanced thereby

So far, he has been proven correct. NOTHING has ever been learned by studying UFOs other than what was known when this was written. That being, people make mistakes, the government sometimes does want people to know about secret projects that get reported as UFOs, and that there are a few individuals out there that like to hoax things.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the White House just issued a statement on UFOs? This is yet another petition following the last one?
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby James Carlson » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 pm

ryguy wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the White House just issued a statement on UFOs? This is yet another petition following the last one?

Yes, indeed! Mind numbing, isn't it?

Currently, the count is at 1,796, so they've actually added 109 signatures in the last four days! On the up side, however, those who actually possess the power to control what goes on in the world today have managed to decrease the amount of time necessary to air the network version of Return of the Jedi -- not an easy task in light of the popularity being attributed to William Shatner's brilliant new documentary, The Captains.

"The Emperor's made a critical error, and the time for our attack is now."

And only eleven more days to go...
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Let's update the roiling masses, shall we? As of now:

Total signatures on this petition:

Signatures needed by December 30, 2011 to reach goal of 25,000:

I think we can safely say that the question is no longer, "will they get the 25,000 signatures they need?", but is instead, "will they break 2,000?"

Apparently, what we're seeing here, if all of the polls I keep hearing about are accurate, is what happens when 70% of Americans believe that the Department of Defense is withholding substantial knowledge of UFOs, but only 0.0005% of Americans give a damn.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Only four days to go. Let's see how far outside the pale we've gone, shall we?

Total signatures on this petition:

Signatures needed by December 30, 2011 to reach goal of 25,000:

Oh, why doesn't the world care about such an overriding and important issue? Searching for microbes on Mars and radio signals from space is not enough. We must explain Unidentified Aerial Phenomena, or UAP, right here on Earth and we have to explain it with something other than "it's your own friggin' imagination, you psychopathic booze hound!"

"Given the national security implications, the United States should conduct an independent investigation."

They did -- they found no reason for concern. A whole lot of people are a little pissed-off about that ... 1,877 so far -- too few to worry much about.

"Inquiry must transparently review the key unsolved UAP reports with access to classified documents. It must have the power to call witnesses and grant immunity."

They did -- they found no reason for concern. And there's no need to grant immunity to anybody. Nobody has ever been punished by the USAF or the DoD for telling a few lies about UFOs. Why grant immunity when nobody's going to be arrested and charged for anything? Demanding transparency, access to classified documents, and the power to call witnesses and grant immunity is just one more way for a bunch of press-hungry, self-promoting, alarmist nincompoops to invent an insulting and degrading issue in order to attract influence and the ability to transform the hearts and wishes of uneducated and ignorant people spending more time in their imagination than is good for a sane mind.

Here's an idea: prove that something is going on, and that it's actually broken before trying to fix it, 'cause right now people like these Hollywood screenwriters are creating an issue to sell. Normally, I wouldn't give a damn, but these guys are trying to convince the population of this country that their government and their military is at fault for problems that don't exist, alarming them with insistent claims that the nuclear defense capabilities of this nation are subject to attack by invisible, all powerful demigods that their leaders are completely aware of, thereby convincing people to hate and fear their own government, their military, and the people who feel duty-bound to help the citizens of their nation by volunteering to defend them against attack from any foe, and in my opinion that's immoral and sickening.

Fortunately, with only 1.877 signatures thus far, I think it's probably safe to say that they're failing. But that doesn't make the attempt any less deplorable.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:44 pm

I just saw this:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ufo-survey-reveals-many-americans-believe-the-obama-white-house-is-lying-when-it-says-the-government-has-no-evidence-that-extraterrestrial-beings-do-exist-2011-12-21

Wasn't PR Newswire the same service used by Hastings? You have to go to their website to look at the source of this "poll".

http://www.mountbaldy.com/

Egads......HUMAN FUSION techniques? Why is it, I don't find this poll credible at all.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:17 am

Yes, PR Newswire is somewhat active these days, isn't it?

For all the worth of these polls I keep on hearing about, I can't help but wonder why the petition under discussion still hasn't cracked the 2,000 signatures ceiling; we're now at 1,906 and there's only a few more hours to go. This seems to suggest that while "98% believe that the US government 'knows more than it is saying" about UFO's and extraterrestrials'", they apparently don't give a damn.

I think it's well worth the giggles that, according to the article you linked to, one petition got over 6,000 signatures and the other over 12,000, while the one petition that by far has gotten the most attention, being linked to both A.D. and Hollywood, has yet to break 2-thou.

"I think the statement is contrary to evidence that has been accumulating in the last 60 years," added Hein, one of those types still crowing about crop circles. But like most UFOlogists, he hasn't yet produced for examination any of that "evidence", merely taking for granted that it's "out there."

So tell me (and I think Ryan may have mentioned this aspect of the issue as well): is 12,000 supposed to be considered substantial in some way? I'm willing to bet that there are ghost towns in Arizona that have a higher population than that!
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:35 am

This is the part of the article (or Press Release) that I like the most:

"When asked, most people feel that the government has more knowledge and information than they are letting on... that supports that extraterrestrials do exist," said Dr. Simeon Hein, the director of The Mount Baldy Institute for Resonant Viewing in Boulder, Colorado ( http://www.mountbaldy.com ) which conducted the online survey at UFOsurvey.com that polled nearly 300 people.

So, apparently 99% percent of the nearly 300 people who went to the website at UFOsurvey.com and took their poll "feel that the government has more knowledge and information than they are letting on... that supports that extraterrestrials do exist."

Really??!!

And when did this miniscule standard suddenly become acceptable as news? I'm left with only one question: why did the opposing 1% of that audience decide to visit UFOsurvey.com and take their poll? Or is this an example of "statistical probability" at work? 'Cause if it is, any conclusions based on a sampling that small (nearly 300) pretty well makes probability assessments a waste of time from the get-go. And this leaves us with only one valid supposition: 2-3 people decided "hey this'll be a gas -- let's fill it out!"

"Yeah! This is gonna screw up their stats." Uh-huh. 2-3 people. Stats. Oh, boy...

99% of nearly 300 is still zero.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to UFOs