SUNlite

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: SUNlite

Postby DrDil » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:55 pm

James Carlson wrote:DrDil,

I've always thought your blog was very well balanced and on an even keel; that being said, you also don't have rabies, so reading it's a much more enjoyable experience than some others I've looked at! On a side note (and I may be betraying a general ignorance here), what is the significance of your animated icon/avatar? It looks vaguely familiar, but I wouldn't even risk a guess ...

James

Hi James & thanks,

Although I realised I forgot to mention I was referencing Tim’s quote in SunLite about how the Blog-list’s he’d posted had no sceptical Blogs in them. About the avatar, you’ve got me thinking now as I can’t recall where I (ahem) acquired it, for some reason I keep thinking a Wiki page but I may be mistaking with the fractal gif’s, so as to it’s significance, guess away!!

(An unusually brief post for you James, are you feeling okay? :lol: )

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby DrDil » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:02 pm

astrophotographer wrote:Sorry to have missed your blog on that list. This was an oversight on my part (I will make sure I point this out in the next issue). After you look at the first couple of links or so (I usually just click at random and no particular order), you get the impression they are all presenting the same point of view.

I know what you mean about the lists as I’ve noticed the same trend and I suspect the only reason I made (any) list is because of ‘UFO’ in the title (well that and I take that long to get to my point that the reader probably loses interest and so doesn’t realise what my point is!!).

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Well, the latest issue is available. Enjoy it:

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite3_5.pdf
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:28 am

Just finished it -- another fun read, Tim; many thanks! I love the bit about Akhenaten; according to Sigmund Freud, he was the "inventor" of monotheism, which is why the priest caste associated with prior Egyptian theology hated him so much, and tried to erase his very existence from the world's memory upon his death. Freud discusses the case in his 1939 book Moses and Monotheism, and suggests that if there was an actual historical basis for Moses, than it could possibly be represented in Akhenaten, or someone who knew him and was attracted to his theological claims. Bit of trivia: last year DNA tests conducted on a number of Egyptian mummies proved that Akhenaten was the biological father of Tutankhamen -- King Tut. He and his rule also been discussed (in what I consider to be a fairly provocative hypothesis with an abundance of historical and folklore-related evidence to support it) as the primary source/origin of Sophocles' Oedipus Rex mythos. There's a pretty interesting article about Oedipus Rex published at UM, if you're interested in that sort of thing. The author doesn't mention any Egyptian ties to legend, but it's interesting nonetheless.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:08 am

Just to let everyone know, the latest issue is out:

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite3_6.pdf

It spends a lot of time on the Kecksburg case. Enjoy.

Tim
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Bravo, Tim! Your Kecksburg rocks ... I read it last night before going to bed. You know if folks like Sanderson are going to go around telling people that they "investigated" something, we're probably going to have to redefine the word to fit their results a little better. We could say that an "investigation" is a quick browsing of the available press accounts. As for an in-depth examination of an event or topic, maybe we can call that a "whipsee-doodle", as in "that's one damn fine summary of the Kecksburg whipsee-doodle, and I was mighty pleased to see that you were able to dismiss nearly all of the conclusions resulting from Sanderson's investigation."

On the other hand, since Sanderson's no longer alive (I think ... ) maybe a vice-versa would be more appropriate, then we could shout out to the heavens, "thank God Sanderson's whipsee-doodle can finally be planted in the resting place it deserves -- in the back yard next to Scruffy's leavings!" Poor Scruffy might not like it, but I think he'll probably recover.

Sanderson's sad little conclusions won't ...

Best,
James
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gilles F. » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Waooooo, your Kecksburg study rocks! It could be considered as the standard, a must and a reference (if not THE reference). Thank you very much again for your release and such works, allowing for free and easy by the net to have UFOskeptic sources. Gratz and Respect.
Gilles Fernandez
Gilles F.
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Luck » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:09 am

Tim,
The information on Kecksburg is great! I am especially thankful that you were able to include an analysis of Cosmos-96.

And I can't stop laughing over "The Kecksburg Address".
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby astrophotographer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:43 am

The latest issue SUNlte 4-2 is now avaialble:

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite4_2.pdf

Some high points of the issue involves some responses regarding Bragalia's latest Roswell stories, an evalaution of the Barney and Betty Hill drive, RB-47 follow-up, and Roger Paquay's article regarding the Eupen UFO of November 1989. There are also some minor commentaries sprinkled in there. Fans of the Caine Mutiny might get a chuckle as well. Enjoy.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Gilles F. » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Greetings,
I have finished my reading of the last SUNlite issue : again a rich and full of informations release, for everybody really and seriously interrested by UFOlogy.
Again : Thank you so much and more for your work, Tim (and the contributors). UFO-skeptic sources like yours are so rare =D>
Merci encore.
Gilles Fernandez
Gilles F.
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 am

SUNlite 4-3 is available:
http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite4_3.pdf

It is a little large (over 7 MB) because of the number of pages and imagery. Some highlights include a lengthy series by Marty Kottmeyer about UFOs and "ascension", two articles about the Belgian F-16 UFO story back in March 1990, a recap of the CEFAA Bug videos (A+ for Dr. Dil, ATS, and HOAXKILLER for their efforts!), and an article I wrote about a meteor that supposedly stopped a car. That one is timely with the recent news about the Yukon UFO case (one of UFOlogy's top ten cases!) apparently being solved (I wrote the article a month ago). It is a story that gets repeated over an over again when it comes to fireballs and space debris re-entries being misinterpreted as UFOs.

Oh yeah....I decided to respond to Stanton Friedman as well.

I also now have an index for SUNlite:

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNliteindex.pdf

Now you can look for your favorite articles or topics.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby DrDil » Fri May 04, 2012 1:43 am

Another great issue, Kottmeyers ascension article is fascinating, I was particularly pleased to see you acknowledge that Martin’s arguments certainly appear robust enough to successfully counter the proposed solution of McGaha & Nickell and also that you mention HoaxKillers website as I think he's probably the leading force against faked YouTube-UFO videos at the minute and did the heavy lifting with the El Bosque footage. (I was surprised to see you link to the "Resolving Rendlesham" article as I've been posting Easton's work for a while now on the new website and thought no-one had noticed :D).

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Fri May 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Martin Shough and I may disagree on many things but the one thing I have noticed about his work over the years is he discusses the ideas put forth and does not resort to the usual UFO theatrics. I consider him one of those UFO proponents that deserve respect.

Yes, Hoaxkiller did a lot of the heavy lifting on this one but I think all of the individuals involved ATS deserve a good amount of credit as well. Many saw it for what it was pretty quickly. I am still trying to figure out how the astronomers analysis got twisted around. Is CEFAA really that bad at figuring out what he wrote or is there something else going on here?

I had a copy of Easton's two articles on Rendlesham somewhere in my files. They were earth shattering stuff at the time they were written. I still can't believe that CAUS had all those witness statements for years and they never came to light until Easton revealed them. It really makes you wonder about these UFO groups and what they consider "disclosure" to mean.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby DrDil » Sun May 06, 2012 3:21 pm

astrophotographer wrote:Martin Shough and I may disagree on many things but the one thing I have noticed about his work over the years is he discusses the ideas put forth and does not resort to the usual UFO theatrics. I consider him one of those UFO proponents that deserve respect.

Hi again Tim, I think, it depends on your definition of ‘UFO proponent’ as I generally classify that as pro-ETH and whilst I may be wrong I don’t think Martin is of that particular persuasion, incidentally along with Ian Ridpath he’s one of my very few ‘go-to’ people. Granted, this is exclusively for UFO reports involving astronomy or possible celestial objects as my own understanding of such is limited to say the least, however, due to both respecting his opinion and with him being a research associate for NARCAP (and their involvement) I contacted him early on whilst researching the CEFAA footage. I then alerted him after I’d made my earlier post (regarding locating similar footage & including TheHoaxkiller’s animations) and he replied that he didn’t disagree with anything I’d suggested.

astrophotographer wrote:Yes, Hoaxkiller did a lot of the heavy lifting on this one but I think all of the individuals involved ATS deserve a good amount of credit as well. Many saw it for what it was pretty quickly. I am still trying to figure out how the astronomers analysis got twisted around. Is CEFAA really that bad at figuring out what he wrote or is there something else going on here?

Regarding the astronomer I know what you mean and I don’t know if it will be much help in understanding how or why he was misquoted but the following are the relevant –albeit brief- excerpts from the emails, first the question:

I was seeking a little clarification regarding the comments that are being attributed to you in your capacity as a CEFAA analyst, or more specifically the following statement posted to a mainstream news website by Leslie Kean:

Astronomer Luis Barrera highlighted heat on top and in the band below during his analysis. The black area is some kind of energy, and the neutral blue represents solid mass, according to Barrera."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leslie-ke ... 42585.html

Just to clarify this assertion, is this comment an accurate representation of what you concluded?

And the reply:

Sorry I have never concluded that "The black area is some kind of energy, and the neutral blue represents solid mass, according to Barrera." During the analysis of those videos, the main idea was the study of asymmetries in order to detect mass loss around the "object" (which is typically observed in small bodies falling to the earth ). On the other hand, such asymmetries can be used to compare it with the expected pattern of insect or birds flying in the field of view.

Perhaps more worthy of note were the correspondences I shared with Ted Roe regarding the footage as I also alerted him to my earlier post and he stated for the first time (that I’m aware of) NARCAP *had* triangulated the footage and supported the findings of the other analysts:

In our review of the videos the object in question never touches the ground nor does it originate from the ground. We triangulate between the cameras, we can calculate the speed of the object in question and determine that its moving very, very quickly....

Yet strangely he closes with:

Let me remind you that we have not written an analysis not publicly stated a firm position so our place in this debate is secondary to CEFAA. We support their work and analysis to this point and await further data that we are told is forthcoming.

I say strangely because according to Haines the analysis was submitted to CEFAA months ago and he also stated that Roe was unaware of it at the time, this was of course learned from the email that Martin posted to UFOupdates which was also partly the reason I initially contacted Martin. (As detailed here)

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Mon May 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Claims of triangulation are not the same of showing that it actually was done and how it was done. So far, I have yet to see any evidence that such an analysis was performed.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs