Mufon

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Mufon

Postby mosfet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Has mooofon gone the way of the great OMF?

http://forums.mufon.com/

and yet no comment from all the cults? Why is that?
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: Mufon

Postby nablator » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:14 pm

nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby mosfet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks

Still seems like moofon is on the decline?
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby IsaacKoi » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:15 pm

nablator wrote:http://mutualufonetwork.proboards.com ?

Just a quick post to say that the link given by Nablator is indeed the current MUFON forum (although few of MUFON officials post there - or indeed many other people). Quite a few more of MUFON's officials are active on several Facebook discussion groups.
IsaacKoi

Postby mosfet » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Unfortunately I think Mufon is going down the tubes.

See http://www.theufochronicles.com/2011/03 ... n-sip.html
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby IsaacKoi » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:05 pm

mosfet wrote:Unfortunately I think Mufon is going down the tubes.

See http://www.theufochronicles.com/2011/03 ... n-sip.html

That article was written in early 2011, around a time that lots of people were writing about the relationship/problems between MUFON and bigelow - including me, in the item at the link below entitled "MUFON's contract with Robert Bigelow's company (the "Buyer")":
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread659499/pg1

However, since early 2011 there have been some signs of hope in relation to MUFON. In September 2011, I wrote an item entitled "MUFON: Signs of intelligent life detected and a "game-changing" (?) project" about MUFON relaunching its discussion forum and "(possibly over-hyped) indications of a new website being developed by MUFON and a new app which will, according to one of those involved in developing the project, 'revolutionize the public interaction with the UFO phenomena forever' and as having 'game-changing implications'":
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread752764/pg1

Since writing that very cautiously optimistic thread, progress by MUFON appears to have been, well, slow.

My view remains as stated in my item on ATS in September 2011:

While I’m not entirely confident of its future, those that have criticised MUFON for not doing various things or failing to be sufficiently open may want to pop across to that forum and raise their issues in the open there – in the hope that someone within MUFON will respond or at least take some notice of relevant issues.

I started a few threads on MUFON's relaunched forum in 2011 myself to see how much of a response I got from MUFON representatives, including:

a thread entitled “Why create another UFO discussion forum?”.

and

MUFON's Pandora project and famous cases

I'm still trying to find out what was scanned as part of MUFON's Pandora project (having had the issue raised with MUFON's current "International Director" and having contacted its Director of Research, various members of its "Star Team" and its former "International Director") and about access to that material, since I've been spending quite a bit of time arranging for material to be made available in easily searchable formats and would prefer to know that I'm not wasting my time reinventing the wheel and to learn later that this was all done already as part of a project apparently completed by MUFON years ago but precise details of which have released.
IsaacKoi

Postby mosfet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:46 am

They don't seem to care about their forum, mostly spam and they don't even delete that.

I think most realize now that the UFO thing has peaked and is now on the decline with only a few boards with a few bb junkies talking among themselves, rehashing Bob lazar, area51, Dr Reed etc, but no real effort to reach out to the normal public, whom I think at this point now realize the topic is in the same realm with ghosts and bigfoot and Hollywood fodder.

Too bad, there might actually have been something to it besides all the crazies.
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby mosfet » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Here is another comment on the topic of UFOs in general not specifically about Mufon. It was interesting that even in Russia (assuming the proletariat is not as well technically equipped as the average American) we see numerous videos of the recent asteroid explosion. A rare event to be sure!
So!
With all the smart phones out there with camera capabilities on a par with digital pocket cameras and in addition with all the security cameras all over the place why have we not seen a clear video of a saucer or abduction?

At one time the argument used to be that although a newspaper photographer had photographed many accidents he had never photographed one as it was happening. This statement no longer has any validity as the Internet is full of videos as accidents happen. Aside from all the CGI/Photoshop garbage, we should now expect some (many) decent videos or photographs not blurry images of some out of focus bird or insect or thrown hubcap, or nighttime lights in the sky?

And there should be multiple photos/videos of an event? Not just someone saying “this is what I photographed but I didn’t see the UFO while I was taking the photograph”.
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Google

Return to UFOs