Heres the Shadows eerie experience (Experiences)

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Heres the Shadows eerie experience (Experiences)

Postby TheShadow » Mon May 22, 2006 5:48 am

Alright I was about 8 or 9. I used to see what i called shadow men in my bedroom late at night. Sometimes they would wake me from a sound sleep.
I never told a soul for fear that i was nuts (which i am, but thats beside the point).

Fast forward 20 plus years. I am home for Christmas, along with all my brothers and sisters and we are reminiscing about our childhoods, when my little sister laughs and says i remember when i was about 6 or 7 and i used to watch these little shadow people going in your room at night. Her room was across the hall from mine.

I about crapped my pants. My Mother said i looked like i had seen a ghost....I never thought they were ghosts....always thought the were aliens!
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Shadow Watcher » Mon May 22, 2006 12:37 pm

well, that is messed up. I remember reading about shadow people, eerie lot to say the least. In one of my ghost research books, there was an account of a family that had a shadow person in their home. There was also a fellow on ATS who suffered a shadow person visit as well. (unless that was you) All and all I too believe they are real. The one story where the shadow actually knocked stuff over was of interest to me. It had an alien type ring to it. I figure he was studying the family, but his cloaking wasn't 100%.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby TheShadow » Mon May 22, 2006 2:45 pm

Nope wasn't me at ATS....I read there but never registered. I do remember one night when the little bastards grabbed my foot and woke me from a sound sleep......the access to the attic was in my bedroom closet (a small hatchway, or hole in the ceiling covered with a piect of drywall) was open and the attic light was on. No one in my family would have reason to be up there on a school night.....or any other night for that matter....there was nothing up there, and i remember having to find the courage to climb up and turn off the light.....i think that was probably the most scared i have ever been.
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Razorwing » Thu May 25, 2006 9:50 pm

I'm really interested in this. I'm wondering if you could please post a more detail description of what you saw.
Razorwing

Postby TheShadow » Fri May 26, 2006 12:25 am

Well it was a long time ago........I never saw any detail to whatever it was i saw, and don't even remember movement of the things bodies. (as in arms or legs moving, just the entire shape moving across my doorway)
But generally I always pictured them as pygmys, Short,(maybe 3 or 4 ft) dark shapes with large heads moving across the doorway.
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri May 26, 2006 12:38 am

This might be a silly question but you never know lol. Did you have any kind of night light in your room?

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Shawnna » Fri May 26, 2006 12:59 am

I find these kinds of stories very fascinating......... and am very glad Zep and Ry have this area of the forum to share them!
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby TheShadow » Fri May 26, 2006 1:22 am

No night light in my room at that time, although there was a nightlight in the bathroom down the hall
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri May 26, 2006 1:28 am

Hmm, is it possible the shadow could have been cast by a small animal or something of that nature passing in front of the light?

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby TheShadow » Fri May 26, 2006 1:37 am

No chance.....what i saw....and my sister verified to me those many years later was no small animal shadow. We had no animals in our home at this time.....and even if it was an animal how did an animal climb ito the closet and open the attic access panel and turn on the light?
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri May 26, 2006 1:54 am

Yeah that's a good point. It would have to have been one clever, agile little fella LOL :)

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri May 26, 2006 4:01 am

TheShadow wrote:No chance.....what i saw....and my sister verified to me those many years later was no small animal shadow. We had no animals in our home at this time.....and even if it was an animal how did an animal climb ito the closet and open the attic access panel and turn on the light?

Great...thanks a lot Shadow....now I won't be able to sleep for a week. Man....creepy story!

-Ry
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Razorwing » Sat May 27, 2006 10:43 pm

Thanks for the info. Not what I saw. I thought I found another.
Razorwing

Postby Almeirhria » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:26 am

Is there anymore Shadow? Razorwing can you share anything? I'm just curious to hear more.
Almeirhria

Postby Hidden Hand » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:20 pm

Wow - I'd only met one other person who had shadow entity experiences.

But first - Shadow Watcher, can you track down what book that was, or what ATS thread you read??

I had recurring experiences from as early as I remember (~1975) to when I was ~13 (~1983). I would be walking through my house (this happened in 3 different houses), in complete darkness. Then I'd knock down a lamp or other piece of furniture (again, different each time). When I bent down to pick it up, I would think "hey, there's no lamp here" - and realize I was looking at a crouched human form, completely black, like a black hole. I would then do that dream thing where you try to scream but no sound comes, and then find myself in bed covered in sweat.

So I assumed this was some sort of recurring nightmare, because I know I fell asleep in bed prior to these occurences, and woke up in bed afterward. But they weren't like any other dream I've ever had - they were like crystal clear reality.

By the time I was 11 or 12 I realized that these nightmares were happening twice a year in February and in August. So I started making a concerted effort, as I was falling asleep, to remember to not scream and not wake up and to face the dark man and find out who (what) it was. Which didn't really work, just prolonged the 'screaming' and increased the sweat.

Until the 2nd to last occurance, when the nightmare didn't happen at all (would have been Aug 82).

Then in Feb 83, on a weird night - the hall light hadn't been turned out, and I was kinda upset about that, and focused on the hall light and wishing it was off - and a massive dark human shape walked down the hall and through my bedroom door (massive like filling the doorway). I just got under the covers and screamed until my parents came.

And that was end of that.

The nightmares never happened again after that.

Afterwards, as I got older, I essentially wrote it off as a projection of a sort of "Darth Vader" archetype. (And just to clarify all the above, when I say dark, black, shadow - it was like an object that had no light reflecting back from it - as black as something could be. I echo what the Shadow said about not seeing any detail - there was no detail, just a completely black human shape.)

It wasn't until about 92/93, I was out of town visiting a friend from school, at a party at his co-worker's house, and she told me a similar story, of recurring visitations by a giant dark shadow human shape accompanied by crouching little shadow shapes as a child.
Is this a private fight, or can anyone join in?
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal