Life between Lives (Surviving Death)

A spiritual perspective on phenomenon

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Life between Lives (Surviving Death)

Postby Shadow Watcher » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:16 pm

I have come to believe that our eternal soul comes to Earth in physical form to learn life lessons that will eventually lead back to oneness with it's source.

I have been interested in reincarnation ever since I learned about death. I always asked questions as a child, but the answers that I got about reincarnation were all Christian based ones. As I grew into adulthood I read as much as I could find about it. What I did was take in all of the theories out there and looked for a common thread throughout. I stumbled upon this researcher who was on the forefront of this. His name is Dr. Ian Stevenson. He has spent some 70+ years in the field recording stories around the world about children who remember previous lives in detail. The data is staggering in his findings. His bio is here http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/personalitystudies/
and some more info
http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/personalitystudies/

Some time ago I also discovered another doctor whose work also resonates deeply with me. His name is Dr. Michael Newton.
http://www.spiritualregression.org/
His work as a hypnotherapist has helped many overcome inner issues in their lives. His work took an interesting turn when his clients were describing very similar situations while under hypnotism. He has found that he can speak directly to the soul of the client. He has been able to regress the person back to the point of death in his previous life. Then he would advance them forward through death and into the home of the soul. Dr. Newton then recorded the experiences of thousands of clients throughout his career while they were in the spirit realm.

His work matched my beliefs about life. His books reaffirmed what I felt was true. I never felt accepted in the religious community and the questions that I asked were never answered directly. For a long time I was agnostic and never really felt a God in my life. Being in a science/tech enviroment I had no need for religion. I was always nagged about the here after and what could be next. The two doctors above were two of many researchers that I have come across that ring true to me. They all shared a common thread of living on beyond this life. Dr. Newton's work filled that void for me. I feel a bit more complete after reading his findings. I plan to visit a hypnotherapist who has studied under him for my session. The best part is when your soul reveals it's purpose for being born this time around. You are able to recall this as well as the name of your soul. I imagine the recording of this session will be something of a grounding for when life drifts out of alignment.

There aren't many things in life that I have learned that held as much relevance as this topic. I am not what you would call new age. I did travel that path years ago, but it too left me wanting. This research, I think helped me in ways I cant share here.
wondering what the next serpo will be in 07.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby dankk » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:59 pm

Very interesting SW...

When I have more time, I would like to take a look at some of those links you posted. Thanks for the contribution. :)

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:51 pm

Thats for the most part the way I,ve come to believe the same. To this day I feel my brothers daughter is my older brother returned. He had died at 29 shortly before she was born. If you hold thier baby pictures next to each other you would think it was the same child. And when she started talking well would ask alot of questons about my older brother sometimes saying "oh I remeber" as if she had been there. Shes starting high school now so that ended along time ago but I see the traits and habits of my brother all the time. I guess someday I,ll know for sure.

IPF
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shadow Watcher » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Dr. Stevenson interviewed almost exclusively children. Their recollection of family and incidents was most remarkable. Some children actually visited the family of the deceased and knew the names and relation.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: Life between Lives

Postby Almeirhria » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:14 am

Shadow Watcher wrote:I have come to believe that our eternal soul comes to Earth in physical form to learn life lessons that will eventually lead back to oneness with it's source.

Whilst belief is not required, you are on the right track my friend.
Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern
Almeirhria

Postby Shadow Watcher » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:16 am

Almeirhria I am glad you are still around.
Would you agree that evil could be a mental flaw that the soul cannot reverse?
I feel that even the most twisted of humanity can be a lesson.

Conversely, maybe the evil mortal is still part of the plan. Perhaps the lesson is too complex for us to understand due to the immense effect he has on so many lives.

Either way I think all roads are a means to a point. At this point we decide to either go on to the best choice or ignore the signs and choose the lesser plan.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Almeirhria » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:49 am

I understand your query.

The topic of evil and good is both simple and complex. Humanity tends to expand on it giving it complexity to define and explain.

I have not really spoken on it for the simple reason I would have trouble trying to convey my understanding of it. I would most likely be mis-interpreted or arguments would arise. But to give you something, I'll say that the concepts are an illusion, with the all being perfect in nature.

Since you have some understanding of the soul life and the forgetting process, you may also see that choices can be made prior to incarnation. In general, all choices are intended to help, to teach.

Also consider the information given regarding service to others and service to self in the simulation thread if you desire.

In essence you are here to learn the ways of love via infinitely variable paths, with the catalyst for this learning being pain/hurt.
Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern
Almeirhria

Postby Shadow Watcher » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:59 am

choices can be made prior to incarnation. In general, all choices are intended to help, to teach

This is what I was driving at. Perhaps when the soul is looking at his future prior to conception, he knows that he will cause pain & hardship. I have to wonder if this incarnation is for the benefit of the soul group from which he belongs. This is where my mind was heading in the good from evil concept.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby GoddessOne » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:27 am

Almeirhria wrote:
In essence you are here to learn the ways of love via infinitely variable paths, with the catalyst for this learning being pain/hurt.

I have come to realize that the greater the pain or hurt, the deeper my Spirit and capacity for Love grows.

Love and Light
GoddessOne
GoddessOne

Postby Almeirhria » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:23 am

A 'negative' path may be sought if that is what you are asking Shadow Watcher.

It is my view the potential for growth/progression is a function/product of degree of hurt and degree of receptivity to the hurt.

Perhaps the receptivity stems from previous progress and will or desire to progress in the moment.
Almeirhria

Postby MikeJamieson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:57 pm

Dr. Ian Stevenson is one of the greatest living pioneers we have in our
midst.

BTW, there's a fairly recent book out by a Washington Post reporter who
traveled with Stevenson on some of his investigations.

Re: Michael Newton. What I found very interesting there was that many of us
clients refused to tell him much about ETs and their cultures! OTOH, what
many report about ongoing genetic development projects on various planets was interesting.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:03 pm

Shadow Watcher wrote:Dr. Stevenson interviewed almost exclusively children. Their recollection of family and incidents was most remarkable. Some children actually visited the family of the deceased and knew the names and relation.

I think in the other thread I have links to his work on birth marks and
the wounds of the previous personality. He and his researchers not only
confirmed the reality of a prior identity (as being accurate), but obtained
autopsy photos which could be used to compare with graphic birth marks
of the young child. Biology and Reincarnation......a massive (and expensive) body of work.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shadow Watcher » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:47 am

You are correct Mike. In his book he describes those markings in detail. In all my searching and pouring over books, these two really stand out as true pioneers among all the others. Both doctors bring a level of proof that is hard to refute. I must dig out dr stevenson's book again for another read.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Drewsillac » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:22 pm

Any specific books u suggest?

I'd like to learn more.
"So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. ...."
Drewsillac

Postby Shadow Watcher » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:42 pm

First off, welcome!
Below are some starters. I'd recommend them as a good jumping off point.

Journey of Souls:
http://www.spiritualregression.org/journeyreview.html
Destiny of Souls:
http://www.spiritualregression.org/destinyreview.html
Dr. Ian Stevenson:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Claimed-Memories-of ... dZViewItem

If you decide to read them, please come back and discuss it further.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Next

Google

Return to Spirituality and the Paranormal